Women's Tennis 2023/2024

284,569 Views | 3573 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by bigfoot10s
Aggie71013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thursday or Friday? Bracket image above says the 17th which is Friday.
Chruchie
AG
Quarterfinals are friday
Anchorhold
Friday. My bad.
aggiedrjdub
AG
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/no-ad-no-problem/id1635072831?i=1000655537110

If you have the time
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
SA68AG
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/no-ad-no-problem/id1635072831?i=1000655537110

If you have the time
Aggie discussion begins around 16:22.
Aggie Tennis
AG
So excited about this weekend!!

taylorswift13_
https://instagr.am/p/C7AfGSFA6_j
Aggie Tennis
AG
I've dissected this matchup as much as I know how, and it's clear that we are in control of this match.

If we play to our level, we have many paths to four wins.
t-rex
AG
From a non-tennis expert…….I've followed discussion on here all season, thanks for that. There are multiple references to indoor being a different game than outdoor, and Coach Weaver referenced it in his Texags interview. Anyone willing to give me a bit of color on that? Thanks.
Chruchie
AG
indoor tennis is usually slower as the courts tend to be grittier slowing the play down as well as the stillness of air. outdoor tennis can play faster because of weather and court surface. A&M does not have an indoor tennis facility like 95% of teams in the ncaa tournament. we play a high caliber game but with a lack of practice in indoor facilities and conditions our girls take a hit i is n their game. we are a much better outdoor team, style wise and experience wise.
bigfoot10s
AG
I will respectfully disagree on the court speed. Indoors are known to be faster. That's why we have always hated when northern indoor teams come south in the early spring. They never want to play outdoors due to the weather, we never want to play them indoors due to the quickness of the indoor courts. If you never play on fast indoor courts, it's very hard to get used to in a short period of time.
LB12Diamond
AG
Alrighty

So which is it. You two said the exact oppo.
Ag4eva95
I agree with this. I played a few years of college tennis and we always prepared for faster play.
Chapa96
AG
Currently raining here in Stillwater. As long as it doesnt rain tomorrow!
aggiedrjdub
AG
There are so many variables, to be honest. In general, I love playing indoors because I'm older now and it's hot as hell in Texas; however, it's remarkably different than outdoor tennis. The court surface is really just one factor and I think although it is a factor it's probably not the biggest factor in these matches. For me, the lighting is different (natural vs artificial) which affects your ability to gage the pace of the ball (affects serve return, rally's and net play), the climate is different (lack of natural airflow and temperature control affects a great deal of the game; the ball flight is affected; this sounds crazy but indoor sweat is different than outdoor sweat lol), the sound is different (for the fan watching it sounds great, but playing you can see that the sound created by hitting the ball doesn't always match the pace from which you expect to receive the ball), it's loud, the courts are typically closer together, and it creates chaos. It is the great neutralizer as many of the teams we play have these facilities due to their locations weather and climate etc. Going indoors should be the absolute last resort in a championship IMO. Given a week or two of practice indoors helps, but going from outdoors, immediately indoors to play a final - not easy at all.
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

There are so many variables, to be honest. In general, I love playing indoors because I'm older now and it's hot as hell in Texas; however, it's remarkably different than outdoor tennis. The court surface is really just one factor and I think although it is a factor it's probably not the biggest factor in these matches. For me, the lighting is different (natural vs artificial) which affects your ability to gage the pace of the ball (affects serve return, rally's and net play), the climate is different (lack of natural airflow and temperature control affects a great deal of the game; the ball flight is affected; this sounds crazy but indoor sweat is different than outdoor sweat lol), the sound is different (for the fan watching it sounds great, but playing you can see that the sound created by hitting the ball doesn't always match the pace from which you expect to receive the ball), it's loud, the courts are typically closer together, and it creates chaos. It is the great neutralizer as many of the teams we play have these facilities due to their locations weather and climate etc. Going indoors should be the absolute last resort in a championship IMO. Given a week or two of practice indoors helps, but going from outdoors, immediately indoors to play a final - not easy at all.

I STILL think we would have won it all in '22 if it was played outdoors and I am STILL bitter about it.

But, it will make our championship this year that much sweeter. Enjoy this run - it's a special team.
Anchorhold
- the men's teams are currently playing outdoors
- orange really is a tacky color in any shade
- how to we ensure that any morning matches can move indoors if they have to but ours will start on time outdoors after the rain is through? Are there enough judges in town to handle that?

https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player/_/id/6c04f7e9-6d25-4eee-bb4f-7d68a89b4ecd
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yes. 10000%

I wouid assume they are practicing indoors, too, though, in Stillwater. Let's pray it doesn't come to that.
Anchorhold

Love that they are trying to step up their coverage.
Hate that there is no direct court streaming.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Mark is confident! Mary is on a 10 win streak and Lulu on a 12. Carson and Nicole looked amazing against UNC. I expect Mia to win and am hopeful Jeanette bounces back.

"We are looking forward to our Elite 8 matchup with a very good Virginia team," head coach Mark Weaver said. "We are performing at a very high level and the key for us is to keep the focus on our side of the court and continue playing the tennis that we are capable of."

aggietennisfan
No pre match NCAA interviews for us?
Anchorhold
M&M's cracked racquets interview is posted above.

Here's Mary and Coach:
taylorswift13_
BTHO VIRGINIA
Anchorhold

Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

Today is going to be a great day!

My predictions:

• A&M wins
  • UCLA wins (4-3)
  • Pepperdine wins
  • Stanford wins (4-3)

My hope:

• A&M wins
  • Tennessee wins
  • Pepperdine wins
  • Georgia wins
Chapa96
AG
GA takes doubles vs Stanford
taylorswift13_
Pretty even through the first set, but I think Georgia is in the drivers seat! Although it looks like it'll be extremely close!
taylorswift13_
I'd love to get revenge on Georgia
aggiesherpa
AG
Stanford has won 3 first sets and is close to a fourth. It could come down to the wire in this one
taylorswift13_
I typed that when Georgia was ahead in 4 of the singles sets, but this is going to be really really close!!!
aggiesherpa
AG
Stanford did pull out the first set at #3!
LB12Diamond
AG
Is our match after this one?
taylorswift13_
It's Michigan vs Pepperdine then our match is supposed to start at 4 central time
taylorswift13_
Georgia and Stanford each take a singles point! 2-1 Dawgs
Chapa96
AG
Why is Ma playing line 2?
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.