Women's Tennis 2023/2024

284,074 Views | 3571 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Anchorhold
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did you happen to record any of the doubles and singles wins? Would be great to see different angles. Glad to at least have Mary's but would like to see Carson's and Nicole's reactions as well.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Did you happen to record any of the doubles and singles wins? Would be great to see different angles. Glad to at least have Mary's but would like to see Carson's and Nicole's reactions as well.
It doesn't have everything, but you can rewatch the entire live stream. It is just as impressive the second time around.

2024 NCAA Tournament: Super Regionals CrossCourt Cast
aggiedrjdub
AG
Thank you for posting that. Exactly what I wanted to see. Gig'em!
Ags77
aggiedrjdub
AG
Chruchie
AG
i did record mary's clinching point from my pov. I would have uploaded it but can't upload videos.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Looks like we get Virginia who just beat Vandy 4-1
aggiedrjdub
AG
Tennessee is toe to toe with Oklahoma State. Uh oh….

Tennessee up 3-2.
Line 1 even in the 3rd
Line 5 Tennessee up a see and 1-1 in the second.
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Tennessee is toe to toe with Oklahoma State. Uh oh….

Tennessee up 3-2.
Line 1 even in the 3rd
Line 5 Tennessee up a see and 1-1 in the second.

Let's go, Tenn! This would really open up our half of the draw!
Chruchie
AG
DOWN GOES OK ST!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Tenn knocks off #1 Oklahoma State 4-2
Aggie Tennis
AG
And all of the sudden, no UNC or Oklahoma State.

Let's do this!

Anchorhold
The women's #NCAATennis quarterfinals:
(16) Tennessee vs. (8) UCLA
(13) Texas A&M vs. (5) Virginia
(3) Michigan vs. (6) Pepperdine
(2) Stanford vs. (7) Georgia

By Conference:
SEC - 3
Pac 10 - 2
ACC - 1
Big 12 - 0
Big 10 - 1
WCC - 1

LB12Diamond
AG
Bracket is set up very nice!
SA68AG
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Tenn knocks off #1 Oklahoma State 4-2
Good for Alison Ojeda.
taylorswift13_
3 more matches, it's our year
Chruchie
AG
Now that the quarterfinals are set, what do we think the lineup will be? My opinion is to keep it the way it was this weekend. Mary has this innate ability to rise to the occasion and raise her game against the best. Mary's biggest test moving forward would have to be Tian at UCLA, she's fast and very strong with her legs. Carson should be penciled in as a point at 2 from here on out. even against Connie Ma potentially in the finals, carson's consistent power I believe would be too much for anyone at 2.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I don't think we will see it change again. The top 3 played lights out against UNC. Mary's consistency at 1, Carson's and Nicole's power at 2 and 3. Solid top 3 lineup. We need to pick up some wins at 4, 5, 6. I watched the line 6 singles match of Vandy / Virginia. 2 SOLID players. Jeanette will need to be the boss. The Virginia girl that won can play with power and spin and is excellent at the net.

That win at 3 doubles vs UNC cannot be forgotten. That was the key to victory. We had a few other paths but that took the pressure off. Hoping the doubles teams continue to gel. The doubles point will be key.
Chapa96
AG
Looks like there will be rain later this week in Stillwater.
Anchorhold
Hopefully that sticks to Thursday. Let the men play indoors if necessary.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Really pray we stay outdoors.
Aceswimmer09
The indoor BS better not happen again…
Chruchie
AG
my weather apps only give me a 30% chance on sunday (championship) night. there's no indication of rain on the other days of play. they do say rain wednesday and thursday. but the quarters start friday. let's hope it stays that way.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Earlier someone posted the composite team rankings or UTR with UNC, TAMU, Stanford 1, 2, 3. Could you post an update of the teams remaining in the field? Thank you
Chruchie
AG
Lineups have been posted. Mark keeps it the same as this past weekend. Against UVA i would say we are heavily favored on singles courts 1-4. Lulu is playing incredible and i think will not be an underdog at line 5 from here on out. Jennette need to play loose and not get in her head. she is just as if not more talented than anyone she'll play here on out. Doubles should be competitive, but we play alike we did against unc and we'll be good there. (there's not a better 2line in the country than scotty and yarlagadda, look for carson and lulu to bounce back)
taylorswift13_
Our lineup >>> anyone else's
Anchorhold
Who are the Hoos?

Things to know about UVA
1. ACC Co-Champs. 25-4 with only losses to Michigan and North Carolina.
2. Carson transferred from there, so she knows the coaches and Subhash and Shaikh.
3. They switched the order of lines 3 and 4 in their lineup since last week. They've done that a few times this season.
4. They did sweep Carolina at the indoors, but it was the day after the tar heels were beat late at night across the country and Brantmeier was injured, so let's ignore that dual match.
5. Their men's team will be in Stillwater and not be playing on Friday. I am not sure if they would attend the women's match or if they would be loud in the stands; but it's another reason for their fans to show up.
6. Meggie Navarro, who plays doubles, is the younger sister of 2021 NCAA Singles champion.
7. If somehow Collard get's moved up two spots we would have Canadian vs Canadian matches on singles #2 and #4.

A match of two of the top three remaining doubles pairs:
#6 M&M 22-5
#7 Collard / Chervinsky 13-8

#47 Subhash / Shaikh 23-5

#88 Navarro / Ziodato 12-5

*Line below indicates their best wins this year.
**UTR from https://www.utrsports.net/
*** Chervinsky is currently ranked #125
Anchorhold
Michigan softball will be playing in the Stillwater regional this weekend, so that might mean more of their fans at the tennis matches. Could have made even more interesting if Oklahoma State had not lost.
mullokmotx
AG
Now that I am home I will post some observations about Friday.
After the rain delay we seemed to be missing a lot of serves and missing shots and I recall we were behind on all 3 courts. When Carson and Lucciana got down 5-2 it seemed like all of our players changed gears and when Carson and Lucciana made it 5-4 you could sense the UNC fans getting a little nervous.
At the start of singles I was down by courts 4 and 6 and could really hear the home fans cheering as Story got ahead 4-1 and Crowley was winning set 1. But their fans got noticeably quieter as Mary came back and won the first set and Carson took control of her match. Speaking of Carson, in only her 6th singles match of the season she dominated the No. 6 player in the country on her home court 6-0, 6-2 the last 2 sets.
It seemed like people left as it got colder. Many were wearing shorts and it got pretty cool with the wind blowing.
I was pretty confident Lucciana was going to win her match.
The comeback by Mary in the tie-breaker was amazing. I think she was down 6-4 and she just refused to lose. What an amazing competitor!
mullokag
Chruchie
AG
can confirm the feeling about lulu. that's where i was, while she lost the 1st set she grabbed the momentum in the 2nd set and was as confident as ever in the third. if mary was to drop the 2nd set lulu might have finished in the next 25 minutes.
taylorswift13_
From watching on my screen, you can sense how deflating it was for that crowd to lose the double point! I knew it was going to be tough to grind out some single wins, but the momentum was ours and after doubles we put a sense of hesitation and worry for UNC! They were not expecting that and neither were their fans! We went in there and took over!
taylorswift13_
Stillwater isn't too far from the DFW, I hope we can get some Aggies out there and making some noise
Chruchie
AG
doubles hurt the crowd a lot. the biggest punch though was mary leveling things at4-4 in the first. nearly all wind in their sails left after that happened
Chapa96
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Stillwater isn't too far from the DFW, I hope we can get some Aggies out there and making some noise
I will definitely be there yelling!! Leaving Wed and staying till the following Wed.
Anchorhold
*EDIT: FRIDAYTIMES POSTED:
11:00 AM - (2) Stanford vs. (7) Georgia
1:30 PM - (3) Michigan vs. (6) Pepperdine
4:00 PM - (13) Texas A&M vs. (5) Virginia
6:30 PM - (16) Tennessee vs. (8) UCLA

Early start could hinder Stanford, other than a weekend in Arizona they haven't played off the west coast since ITA All-American Championships, aka Queen Mary's coronation.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.