Vaccine Reluctance

84,136 Views | 741 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fitch said:

Non-action or resistance is a political act on itself and it is what empowers those people who would try to control public life. Get a shot, rip out the stool the politicians and news liars stand on and shut down any excuse left to not have a normal life back.

"give in to your overlords so they'll let you go back to normal" is not ripping the stool out.

that's like a wife saying she deserved her beatings for burning dinner and promises not to burn it again so her husband won't beat her any more.

you're defending the husband in this situation.
waitwhat?
Fitch said:

Bull***** Respect your fellow Americans who don't share your life position or health status and shut out the elected talking heads.

Non-action or resistance is a political act on itself and it is what empowers those people who would try to control public life. Get a shot, rip out the stool the politicians and news liars stand on and shut down any excuse left to not have a normal life back.

Complaining about a situation without taking actions to improve it is meaningless.
I've contacted my elected officials and demanded a return to normal.

Have you? Or are you focused on making your fellow Americans get a shot they don't want?
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
West Point Aggie
AG
Cuomo just made vaccination a requirement for NYState schools; even in NY that will lead to some bickering.
Let’s Go Brandon!
Capitol Ag
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Cuomo just made vaccination a requirement for NYState schools; even in NY that will lead to some bickering.
This probably will go to court
beerad12man
AG
Fitch said:

beerad12man said:

Fitch said:

"Just leave me alone" doesn't work when you want to be a part of society.

Works if you want to live in the Alaskan wilderness and follow through, though.

Complaining about the state of the world and refusing to be a part of the solution when it's within your control to do is just the most classic kind of hypocrisy.
But what happens when you can only vaccinate 0.6% of the worldwide population a week right now at our current pace, which is 31% a year, and there are many others at higher risk than you?

I'm vaccinated, but I know some that are like this. I actually almost canceled because in part I didn't feel right about getting it when so many older than me haven't.

There's more than one side of the argument. Same concept with now that we are getting to the 12-15 year old's. I'm morally against it. not because I think it's dangerous for them. in all likelihood, it isn't. But because they don't need it anywhere near as much as others, and we can't get enough of the vaccine out worldwide right now.

To be honest I could care less about the rest of the world. I travel globally and respect the environment and laws of the land I go into. This is an American issue that is able to be solved by the American people and we have people being dumbasses and fiddle ****ing around holding things up.

We have millions ready to get back to pre-Covid life and the loudest shouters during all the crap last year are now the firmest jackasses sitting on their hands refusing to do anything.

Look, I wish more would get it. I have a hard time understanding why not, other than maybe some who have had it before. I'm a person who moved on last April, still can't believe what we turned the world into, and accepted the risk, but now that the vaccine is here, think it's silly not to get it. I'm probably a rare breed. Unless maybe you've already had covid, and don't want to have the symptoms associated with the vaccines since you are likely strongly immune to it anyways, I truly have a hard time understanding why not. I think the vaccine is very safe and effective, and the faster we get to 70-80% of adults vaccinated, the quicker restrictions ease up.

But I also understand where they are coming from. We are in an unprecedented situation in America where freedoms are being tied to vaccinations, and that's completely against all things American. That's admitting that we truly aren't a free society. We are being held captive. I'ts a slipper slope so I'm trying to stay as middle ground as possible, but admit it's hard to do in this unprecedented situation. These people have been beaten up by something for well over a year going against all their beliefs on how a situation like this should be handled. Medical decisions in America are supposed to be about the individual and their Dr before the community. If there's an added benefit to what you choose to do to society, then great. Freedom of choice to be able to attend a sporting event, go to a restaurant, determine what you wear, etc. is supposed to be an individual(and business) choice to many of us.

Either way, numbers are falling because natural immunity is stronger than any of the "experts" would have you believe, it's durable just like the vaccines, and we are fast approaching 60% of adults getting vaccinated. I think it's all going to work out regardless, as we are likely going to get to 65-70% of adults vaccinated within 2 months. We may not even need that much considering how numbers are falling, but when we do get to that point, along with natural immunity, you are going to likely have 80% of adults or more with a good form of immunity to this thing, and will never have to worry about overwhelming hospitals(I say we are already at that point, but only getting stronger by the day)
Fitch
AG
waitwhat? said:

Fitch said:

Bull***** Respect your fellow Americans who don't share your life position or health status and shut out the elected talking heads.

Complaining about a situation without taking actions to improve it is meaningless.

Have you? Or are you focused on making your fellow Americans get a shot they don't want?
That's great - that's democracy in action. I'm not entirely sure what efficacy that has while half a million American lives were shuffling off the mortal coil and >2 million were hospitalized, but props for going a step beyond the Internet.

And Yes - I did my part to make my life, and the people around me, easier. I am selfish and very happy to do whatever the heck I want, whenever I want. Didn't have to give it a second thought.

Bonus prize: it contributed to the sole solution out of this global situation.

The right thing to do doesn't have to be rationalized but Lord knows it will often be fought. Hopefully wisdom and altruism will prevail over tribalism and fear.
waitwhat?
Fitch said:

waitwhat? said:

Fitch said:

That's great - that's democracy in action. I'm not entirely sure what efficacy that has while half a million American lives were shuffling off the mortal coil and >2 million were hospitalized, but props for going a step beyond the Internet.

And Yes - I did my part to make my life, and the people around me, easier. I am selfish and very happy to do whatever the heck I want, whenever I want. Didn't have to give it a second thought.

The right thing to do doesn't have to be rationalized but Lord knows it will often be fought. Hopefully wisdom and altruism will prevail over tribalism and fear.

It's not selfish for me to pass on a vaccine I don't feel I need and that you can't come up with any reason for me to have to get besides that you and your politicians have held normalcy hostage and the ransom note says "get the vaccine or else."

You're on the wrong side of history here. But once you see that, it'll be too late.

The pandemic is over in America. Enough people have been voluntarily vaccinated and/or have natural immunity that infection counts have fallen off a cliff.

The only reason to keep things closed until 80,000,000 Americans are forced to get vaccinated is power and money.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

TEXIT
ORAggieFan
waitwhat? said:

Fitch said:

waitwhat? said:

Fitch said:

It's not selfish for me to pass on a vaccine I don't feel I need and that you can't come up with any reason for me to have to get besides that you and your politicians have held normalcy hostage and the ransom note says "get the vaccine or else."

You're on the wrong side of history here. But once you see that, it'll be too late.

The pandemic is over in America. Enough people have been voluntarily vaccinated and/or have natural immunity that infection counts have fallen off a cliff.

The only reason to keep things closed until 80,000,000 Americans are forced to get vaccinated is power and money.
There have been multiple reasons given as to why a greater percent of the population receiving the vaccine benefits us all. You continue to ignore them.

Yes, everything should be open (and shouldn't have been closed), but getting the vaccine is better for us all, especially to avoid the government overreach again in the future when a variant comes along....
waitwhat?
ORAggieFan said:

waitwhat? said:

Fitch said:

waitwhat? said:

Fitch said:

There have been multiple reasons given as to why a greater percent of the population receiving the vaccine benefits us all. You continue to ignore them.

Yes, everything should be open (and shouldn't have been closed), but getting the vaccine is better for us all, especially to avoid the government overreach again in the future when a variant comes along....
I've responded to each reason that's been presented. There hasn't been a compelling one. Not one.

You can keep saying that compelling reasons have been listed, but everyone reading this thread can see that's not true.

TEXIT
waitwhat?
And really, that's the problem. You haven't come up with a compelling reason to require people that don't want the vaccine to do so.

• There aren't a significant number of people that can't get a vaccine. Everyone can get one.
  • There is no risk of overloading the healthcare system (something that didn't even happen)
  • There is no greater risk of this virus mutating into a more deadly virus that avoids vaccines than other respiratory viruses that there is no talk of mandating vaccination against.

There's nothing, no compelling reason. It's just that you think it's the right thing to do and you want me to get the vaccine. It's about you wanting to gang up on and control other people to behave how you want them to behave.

It's immoral.

TEXIT
Fitch
AG
waitwhat? said:

Fitch said:

waitwhat? said:

Fitch said:

My politicians? I deplore them all and the talking heads on the news. They all lie and improve their station by encouraging distrust and discord between differences of opinion - and far too many are willing to blindly abet them in the guise of individual freedom or moral obligation. It's all words words words.

My friend - I have done nothing but argue to open it up and resume life as it has always been, acknowledging that there is only one path forward to do that that will engender enough public support and trust to obliterate these lingering hand wringers from mass media.

If you are a red blooded American, a provider, or someone who wishes to improve their community and do not have a health condition preventing you there is not a single honest good reason to not get a vaccine at this point, save fear, which is not a good reason but is at least honest.

As for immorality, why someone continues to deny the world caught fire and instead pretends as though stomping their feet will change anything is a mystery to me, especially in light of the fact that (as many will point out) vaccines are widely available to everyone, and, but for mass vaccination, governmental tyrants and common-day scared citizens will demur to the status quo restrictions on business operations and personal freedoms. The immorality lies not in urging someone to improve their own and society's situation, but in being complicit in the continuation of its suppression.
FratboyLegend
Phat32
AG
This x 1000.

The root of it is two perspectives:

1. I know what is best for my family and myself, and will make a decision on this subject for us.

2. What is best for me is also the best for your family and you, and I will make a decision on this subject for you.

The first is unfortunately becoming a legacy American position. The second is the new hotness.
JFrench
AG
I want to believe all that since I'm most of what you described. But 99.7% of people survive.

Start most of your sentences with that and its why were at saturation rates.

waitwhat?
JFrench said:

I want to believe all that since I'm most of what you described. But 99.7% of people survive.

Start most of your sentences with that and its why were at saturation rates.

Even this is misleading.

The overall "survival" rate is 99.6 - 99.7% or so, maybe higher. That's based on the CDC's own estimations of the true number of infections vs deaths.

But the fatality rate is much higher among people over age 65, who make up 80% of COVID fatalities but only 16.5% of the population. So far, more than 80% of those over 65, the most at-risk population, have voluntarily received at least one dose. This number is likely to climb without any mandates or requirements.

The fatality rate among folks under 65 is 0.1%, based on CDC estimates on true infection numbers. So far, about 2/3rds of folks between 50-64 have voluntarily vaccinated.

The fatality rate among folks 18-49 is about 0.04%, based on CDC estimates of true infection numbers.

So the vast majority of the at-risk population is, rightfully, voluntarily vaccinating. Meaning the vast majority of people that at-risk people that can't be vaccinated come into contact with are vaccinated. I don't come into contact with people that are at-risk and can't be vaccinated with any regularity and if I knew anyone at-risk that I come into contact with that couldn't get vaccinated, then I would get vaccinated. And I think the vast majority of people are like that.

I'll source all that if anyone is too lazy to look it up themselves.

TEXIT
BamaAggies
ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

What's the incentive to get the vaccine if nothing changes after you get it?

Also, the push by the government, media, and societal pressure to get a vaccine that did not exist a year ago, is not helping either. We have over a year's worth of data to know which groups are at greater risk, and someone who is of little risk shouldn't be pressured or required to get it. If they choose to, they should be able to. Likewise, if someone chooses not to because they reviewed the data and see they are a minimal risk, their decision should be respected as well.

No matter your views on COVID, the tribalism that has formed because of it is leading to a divide in this country that should never exist.

Right or wrong, it's the same reason we push for vaccines of so much more. Not everyone can get a vaccine. Spoke to a guy who's last flu shot put him in the hospital for two days. Those who are able and unwilling put others at risk who aren't unwilling, just unable.

Pressure didn't exist last year because we didn't have a vaccine. Pressure has been there for years for other vaccines since the idiots that began to believe they caused autism.

Yeah, but some of us that are fully vaccinated with fully vaccinated children still have questions. Maybe some hesitancy with the Covid vaccines is based on the government's track record? We should start by putting this anti-vaxxer autism thing to rest, so we can move on. The debate likely stems from a lack of information. Since you obviously aren't an "idiot," I'm sure you can help me clear some things up, so we can get on the same page.

1. The Vaccine Court ruled that Hannah Poling's autism was caused by a vaccine, so does that still mean that vaccines have never caused autism? Was the court's ruling wrong? Did it help that her father was a Harvard neurologist, she was in his study, and his colleague agreed with the diagnosis, even though he risked receiving the opprobrious title of anti-vaxxer by the medical community?

https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news/20080306/dad-in-autism-vaccine-case-speaks-out

2. Has the government made any mistakes, for like over a decade, with vaccines? It is very evident the government as a great track record with vaccines, except when it doesn't. What should have raised some red flags long ago was a 3-year government study, the Mercury in Medicine Report, which was reported on hardly anywhere. Why? Probably because of the FDA guideline in 1997 (not a law passed by Congress) that enabled pharmaceutical companies to advertise directly to consumers. Like all the other countries in the world? No, I think it is still just one (New Zealand). For some reason, the rest of the world appears to think this could cause a problem with media not wanting to bite the hand that feeds it.

Today, we also have to contend with the media colluding to hide what they deem "vaccine disinformation."

"At a recent summit chaired by the BBC's new Director General, Tim Davie, the Trusted News Initiative (TNI) agreed to focus on combatting the spread of harmful vaccine disinformation."

"The partners currently within the TNI are: AP, AFP; BBC, CBC/Radio-Canada, European Broadcasting Union (EBU), Facebook, Financial Times, First Draft, Google/YouTube, The Hindu, Microsoft, Reuters, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, Twitter, The Washington Post."

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2020/trusted-news-initiative-vaccine-disinformation

Mercury in Medicine Report
"The EPA established the most conservative level: 0.1 micrograms of mercury per kilogram of body weight per day. Under this standard, an 11pound baby (roughly 5 kilograms) could be exposed to up to 0.5 micrograms of mercury per day and be considered safe. This exposure standard is a marked contrast to the 25 micrograms of mercury that was contained in several childhood vaccines... After 1986, some children went from getting 25 micrograms in one day or 75 micrograms in the first six months of life to getting 62.5 micrograms of ethylmercury in a day or 187.5 micrograms in the first six months of lifeif Congress had not enacted legislation in 1997 requiring the FDA to study the amounts of mercury being used in FDA-approved products, it is questionable that the FDA would have analyzed mercury in vaccines at all."

"Thimerosal used as a preservative in vaccines is likely related to the autism epidemic. This epidemic in all probability may have been prevented or curtailed had the FDA not been asleep at the switch regarding the lack of safety data regarding injected thimerosal and the sharp rise of infant exposure to this known neurotoxin. Our public health agencies' failure to act is indicative of institutional malfeasance for self-protection and misplaced protectionism of the pharmaceutical industry." Big Pharma is the largest lobby in Washington, by far. I'm not sure if it was in the 1990s.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CREC-2003-05-21/html/CREC-2003-05-21-pt1-PgE1011-3.htm

"The F.D.A. team's conclusions were frightening. Vaccines added under Halsey's watch [a Johns Hopkins pediatrician and chairman of the American Academy of Pediatrics committee on infectious diseases from 1995 through June 1999] had tripled the dose of mercury that infants got in their first few months of life. As many as 30 million American children may have been exposed to mercury in excess of Environmental Protection Agency guidelines levels of mercury that, in theory, could have killed enough brain cells to scramble thinking or hex behavior.

'My first reaction was simply disbelief, which was the reaction of almost everybody involved in vaccines,' Halsey says. 'In most vaccine containers, thimerosal is listed as a mercury derivative, a hundredth of a percent. And what I believed, and what everybody else believed, was that it was truly a trace, a biologically insignificant amount. My honest belief is that if the labels had had the mercury content in micrograms, this would have been uncovered years ago. But the fact is, no one did the calculation.'" No one, for years, in the entire medical industry or government? Does this mean pediatricians were blindly following the Vaccine Schedule? Well, no concerns because doctors don't have any liability if they follow the schedule.

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/10/magazine/the-not-so-crackpot-autism-theory.html

"At the time the FDA Modernization Act [1997] was passed, infants were recommended to receive three different vaccines that contained thimerosal diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP), hepatitis B and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib). Infants receiving all of these vaccines could have been exposed to a cumulative dose of mercury as high as 187.5 micrograms (ug)* by 6 months of age. The cumulative dose exceeded guidelines recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Thimerosal, as a preservative, is no longer contained in any childhood vaccine, with the exception of the influenza vaccine [multi-dose vials]." (Under the subheading: Removal of thimerosal from vaccines)

https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center/vaccine-ingredients/thimerosal

So, if you got a multi-dose flu vaccine with Thimerosal as an adult, were you overdosed, too? How about a tetanus shot? The kicker is what if the person administering the multi-dose vaccine containing Thimerosal forgot to shake the vial? What if they forgot more than once? How much Thimerosal does the last person get?

3. If some adults have problems with Thimerosal, is it crazy to think babies don't?

https://www.*****ute.com/video/mChC5qkDK9Fy/ (Bit chute)

It seems convenient that the government moved the vaccine schedule up to start vaccinating babies, as early as the day they are born, after Big Pharma received immunity from liability. The number of vaccines in the Vaccine Schedule also increased significantly. Babies receive up to 9 vaccines on the same day, according to the Vaccine Schedule.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/easy-to-read/child-easyread.html

How many cross-reaction vaccine safety studies has the government done? Zero? 9 seems high. Hope none of the 9 cause reactions like some people experience after the Shingles or Covid vaccines. Pretty helpful that babies can't talk.

4. Why does the government use the INGESTED Methylmercury standard for INJECTED Ethylmercury? Any red flags? Thimerosal has been used in vaccines for almost 100 years. They never got around to establishing its own standard? How many safety studies did the government conduct prior to approving the use of Thimerosal in vaccines? Zero? Is it the same amount of safety studies it did prior to recommending vaccines for pregnant women? The inventory of vaccines with Thimerosal for children was used up by 2003. (No need to cause a panic by recalling them earlier.) When did the government start recommending vaccines for pregnant women?

"Organic mercury [in Thimerosal] readily crosses the blood-brain barrier and also crosses the placenta. Fetal blood mercury levels are equal to or higher than maternal levels...The toxicity of organic mercury compounds is dependent on specific compound, route of exposure, dose, and age of the person at exposure. Organic mercury compounds are most toxic in the CNS [central nervous system], though the kidneys and immune system may also be affected...Signs of toxicity from acute exposure progress from paresthesias and ataxia to generalized weakness, visual and hearing impairment, and tremor and muscle spasticity to coma and death."

"Ethylmercury, although it may have similar toxicity to methylmercury, has been less studied."

"Mercury in all of its forms is toxic to the fetus and children, and efforts should be made to reduce exposure to the extent possible to pregnant women and children as well as the general population."

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/108/1/197

5. All of that aside, was Thimerosal ever required to make vaccines? If it wasn't required, why was it used? Are there toxic synergistic effects when you combine vaccines with Thimerosal with vaccines containing Aluminum? What happens when you throw in testosterone? Neomycin?

"Back in 2005 [study link], Boyd Haley [Professor and Chair, Department of Chemistry at the University of Kentucky] also reported on the effects on cultured neurons of both vaccine ingredients, thimerosal and aluminum hydroxide, alone and in combination, for two time periods (six hours and 24 hours). Within 24 hours, the thimerosal alone had caused about 70% of the neurons to die, but it took only six hours for the combination of thimerosal plus aluminum to kill nearly the same proportion (60%) of neurons, 'an amazing increase [that] clearly demonstratessynergistic effects.'"

Any concerns now? If not, I can go on. The government has a great track record. The vaccines mentioned were not even rushed.

JFrench
AG
Mine was easier to type though
waitwhat?
JFrench said:

Mine was easier to type though
True

TEXIT
HumpitPuryear
AG
Fitch said:

waitwhat? said:

Fitch said:

waitwhat? said:

Fitch said:

My politicians? I deplore them all and the talking heads on the news. They all lie and improve their station by encouraging distrust and discord between differences of opinion - and far too many are willing to blindly abet them in the guise of individual freedom or moral obligation. It's all words words words.

My friend - I have done nothing but argue to open it up and resume life as it has always been, acknowledging that there is only one path forward to do that that will engender enough public support and trust to obliterate these lingering hand wringers from mass media.

If you are a red blooded American, a provider, or someone who wishes to improve their community and do not have a health condition preventing you there is not a single honest good reason to not get a vaccine at this point, save fear, which is not a good reason but is at least honest.

As for immorality, why someone continues to deny the world caught fire and instead pretends as though stomping their feet will change anything is a mystery to me, especially in light of the fact that (as many will point out) vaccines are widely available to everyone, and, but for mass vaccination, governmental tyrants and common-day scared citizens will demur to the status quo restrictions on business operations and personal freedoms. The immorality lies not in urging someone to improve their own and society's situation, but in being complicit in the continuation of its suppression.
So the same politicians, bureaucrats, and media that told us over a year ago "just two weeks to flatten the curve" are going to let everything go back to normal if only we all comply and get an experimental vaccine that most of us don't even need? That's what you're going with? That's what you want ME to run with? LOL, nope. No way.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Y'all are still trying to make the argument for us to "get back to normal" we MUST have the vaccine, meanwhile we're already back to normal...

I hope y'all get back out at some point but take your time if you must.
FrioAg 00
AG
This is true. Honestly there is very very little different about my life now from pre-pandemic
BamaAggies
Fitch said:

Uh, the Spanish Flu went extinct decades ago. Hell, a group of researchers took an expeditionary force to go dig up frozen bodies in the permafrost to try and recover a sample of the 1918 flu genome.

Are derivatives and evolved strains of it around? Sure. But "the" strain was essentially lost to time.

I have read that a better name would be The Fort Riley Bacterial Pneumonia of 1918, instead of the Spanish Flu, since the pandemic did not start in Spain.

"Fort Riley is believed to be the origin of the world-wide epidemic that killed millions, said Robert Smith, director of the museum division at Fort Riley."

https://www.army.mil/article/188078/scientists_learn_history_of_spanish_flu_at_fort_riley

"The published reports 'clearly and consistently implicated secondary bacterial pneumonia caused by common upper respiratory flora in most influenza fatalities,' says Dr. Morens. Pathologists of the time, he adds, were nearly unanimous in the conviction that deaths were not caused directly by the then-unidentified influenza virus, but rather resulted from severe secondary pneumonia caused by various bacteria. Absent the secondary bacterial infections, many patients might have survived, experts at the time believed."

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/bacterial-pneumonia-caused-most-deaths-1918-influenza-pandemic

Maybe if Dr. Gates had a new vaccine for bacterial pneumonia, instead of immunizing the soldiers with a new bacterial meningitis vaccine beginning in late January (about 6 weeks before the pandemic started), the pandemic may have never happened?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2126288/pdf/449.pdf

In 1976, the rushed vaccine to prevent another possible pandemic like the Spanish Flu killed more people than the virus. 45 million Americans were vaccinated after the death of one soldier on a military base.

"Although photographs of Ford receiving a vaccination were distributed in hopes of rallying support, public confidence was further shaken when dozens of vaccine recipients were diagnosed with Guillain-Barr syndrome, a rare neurological disorder causing muscle weakness, tingling in the extremities and paralysis."

https://www.history.com/news/swine-flu-rush-vaccine-election-year-1976
ORAggieFan
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Y'all are still trying to make the argument for us to "get back to normal" we MUST have the vaccine, meanwhile we're already back to normal...

I hope y'all get back out at some point but take your time if you must.
I don't think we need the vaccine to get back to normal, but we are far off from being normal. That's not my choice at all.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Sorry your state sucks? Not sure what to tell you... things are fine down here.

Things that are still not normal:

- airplanes
- school (changing 6/1/20)

Things that have recently returned to normal:

- basically everywhere not enforcing mask rules (most haven't for months)
- large sports gatherings with no masks (see Astros game tonight as an example)
- gyms are packed
- large family gatherings and spending time with elderly family members
- probably a bunch of other stuff

I've had business meetings, in-person, in California, Louisiana, and all over Texas. Most of the company's I know that are based in Texas have either returned back to the office or set a date to do so shortly.

coolerguy12
AG
Fitch said:

beerad12man said:

Fitch said:

Complaining about the state of the world and refusing to be a part of the solution when it's within your control to do is just the most classic kind of hypocrisy.
But what happens when you can only vaccinate 0.6% of the worldwide population a week right now at our current pace, which is 31% a year, and there are many others at higher risk than you?

I'm vaccinated, but I know some that are like this. I actually almost canceled because in part I didn't feel right about getting it when so many older than me haven't.

There's more than one side of the argument. Same concept with now that we are getting to the 12-15 year old's. I'm morally against it. not because I think it's dangerous for them. in all likelihood, it isn't. But because they don't need it anywhere near as much as others, and we can't get enough of the vaccine out worldwide right now.

To be honest I could care less about the rest of the world. I travel globally and respect the environment and laws of the land I go into. This is an American issue that is able to be solved by the American people and we have people being dumbasses and fiddle ****ing around holding things up.

We have millions ready to get back to pre-Covid life and the loudest shouters during all the crap last year are now the firmest jackasses sitting on their hands refusing to do anything.

This country sure has come a long way from "give me Liberty or give me death". Now it's more like "give me Liberty only if you decide I have done enough of what you tell me to do to earn it." Which isn't actually Liberty at all.

We are currently in "weak men create hard times" as evidenced by your post.
agsalaska
AG
waitwhat? said:

And really, that's the problem. You haven't come up with a compelling reason to require people that don't want the vaccine to do so.

• There aren't a significant number of people that can't get a vaccine. Everyone can get one.
  • There is no risk of overloading the healthcare system (something that didn't even happen)
  • There is no greater risk of this virus mutating into a more deadly virus that avoids vaccines than other respiratory viruses that there is no talk of mandating vaccination against.

There's nothing, no compelling reason. It's just that you think it's the right thing to do and you want me to get the vaccine. It's about you wanting to gang up on and control other people to behave how you want them to behave.

It's immoral.
I disagree with that. There were areas, especially in and around NY as well as other places that were overwhelmed by the virus.'

It also, rightly or wrongly, caused thousands of hospitals all across the country to forego many procedures for several months. Whether they should have or shouldn't have doesn't matter. They did. So it did and does continue to affect hospitals depending on where you are.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is all bull***** Now that the vaccine is readily available to anyone that wants it there are no more excuses. It is well past the time to move on.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Fitch
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Fitch said:

beerad12man said:

Fitch said:

This country sure has come a long way from "give me Liberty or give me death". Now it's more like "give me Liberty only if you decide I have done enough of what you tell me to do to earn it." Which isn't actually Liberty at all.

We are currently in "weak men create hard times" as evidenced by your post.
Lolz, ok kiddo.
waitwhat?
agsalaska said:

waitwhat? said:

It's immoral.
I disagree with that. There were areas, especially in and around NY as well as other places that were overwhelmed by the virus.'

It also, rightly or wrongly, caused thousands of hospitals all across the country to forego many procedures for several months. Whether they should have or shouldn't have doesn't matter. They did. So it did and does continue to affect hospitals depending on where you are.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is all bull***** Now that the vaccine is readily available to anyone that wants it there are no more excuses. It is well past the time to move on.

I said healthcare system, not individual hospitals/clinics. They can also get overwhelmed during a major flu season, which we don't consider mandating vaccines for. I don't have the link handy but search for a New York Times article about hospital overflows during the 2018-2019 (I think that's it, it was a recent one) flu season.

Quote:

It also, rightly or wrongly, caused thousands of hospitals all across the country to forego many procedures for several months. Whether they should have or shouldn't have doesn't matter. They did.

This absolutely matters considering the vast majority of it was caused by governors, including our own, mandating that they stop these procedures. There's a reason that hospitals were furloughing employees, and it wasn't a terrible pandemic.

I'm glad we agree that it's time to go back to complete normal though.

TEXIT
FratboyLegend
waitwhat? said:

agsalaska said:

waitwhat? said:

It's immoral.

I said healthcare system, not individual hospitals/clinics. They can also get overwhelmed during a major flu season, which we don't consider mandating vaccines for. I don't have the link handy but search for a New York Times article about hospital overflows during the 2018-2019 (I think that's it, it was a recent one) flu season.

Quote:

It also, rightly or wrongly, caused thousands of hospitals all across the country to forego many procedures for several months. Whether they should have or shouldn't have doesn't matter. They did.

This absolutely matters considering the vast majority of it was caused by governors, including our own, mandating that they stop these procedures. There's a reason that hospitals were furloughing employees, and it wasn't a terrible pandemic.

Exactly this. Don't try to re-write history, Alaska.
#CertifiedSIP
agsalaska
AG
waitwhat? said:

agsalaska said:

waitwhat? said:

It's immoral.

Quote:

I understand all of that. It absolutely shouldn't have happened the way it did. But it did. And that is a major risk to the healthcare system.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ORAggieFan
Astros games still have attendance limits as do 28 of 30 MLB teams. Mask policies exist for near everything you can go indoors (whether that's enforced is different) and the worst is airline travel. Disney World is requiring masks outdoors all over with heavy enforcement. Someone poster here of a TX youth soccer game recently being cancelled due to one parent refusing to wear a mask outdoors.

As much as I wish things were normal and should be, they're not and won't be for a while.
beerad12man
AG
Survival rate in the country overall is probably closer to 99.5% than 99.7% overall, if you believe the numbers. 99.7% suggests that 192 million people, or 58% have had covid. I think that's a bit high personally. Probably much closer to 35 or at most 40% that have had it.

That rate also has a few factors: Not protecting nursing homes at the beginning, but also in large part helped by better treatments and care learned throughout the whole thing. So without the medical treatments, the rates might have been much higher.

But.... In the 50 and under crowd, it's better than 99.5%. Probably closer to 99.9%, or 18 and under 99.999%.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Mask signs are no longer posted at most places now... there isn't a need to enforce anything because there is no longer a rule/requirement

Congratulations you heard one story from Texags about a soccer game being cancelled, which may or may not be true... fall football was normal, competitive indoor sports that we attend no longer require masks and are back to hosting large tournaments.

MLB/NFL will be back to normal soon. MLB is being driven by Manfred and he is going to wait until his prized teams on the coasts are able to have full capacity before he green lights the entire league. Although, I am pretty sure each team has flexibility in setting their own policy. College football will likely be 100% capacity in states that have leaders with the ability to understand science and data.

Airlines suck right now and I am not sure when they'll be back to normal. They're trying to mitigate their risk as much as possible and its based on zero facts.

If the point you're trying to make is that we're not "back to normal" yet just because we have to wear a mask on an airplane, at disney, and MLB games aren't at full capacity, it is pretty weak and 100% of the population being vaccinated is not going to change that.
FrioAg 00
AG
I'm not buying the soccer thing. I've got three kids that play high level soccer and we've played games in several states this year (including super liberal Maryland). No one has required masks outdoors since last Fall - there is never more than one or two idiots wearing a mask on the sidelines.
ORAggieFan
It's probably for a different thread, but my point is simply we aren't back to normal. Many of us would like to be. Some states like TX and FL are more so. Here in CA all capacity limits are supposed to be removed 6/15, masks to stay. I think a reason we are getting back to normal is because of the vaccine and my hope is we are far enough along to continue. But, this will be with us for a while. Just yesterday, DeSantis (who's been the best governor the last year) said FL will likely have a bump this summer. I'm guessing TX and CA do the same based on the curves from last year. I worry about less intelligent governors overreacting yet again.

In the end I do think vaccine should be a chose. Just seems an easy chose with way less risk than even healthy individuals catching covid that can have a positive effect on not just the person getting it, but others as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.