Concession costs at Blue Bell

9,520 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by ensign_beedrill
TXAGBQ76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, at one time there was no limit
TXAGBQ76
AG
Not self serve on the 3rd base side- except for the fountain drinks
bonfarr
AG
I never missed a $1 Slovacek sausage night. Those were the days.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep!
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Scooley01 said:

A soda is $10, if that gives you a good estimate for the prices of other stuff.

When did Jerry Jones take over Aggie concessions?

Except the food at his stadium is actually worth the ridiculous prices, best stadium food I have had.
LB12Diamond
AG
All this concession talk has made me in the mood for some chili cheese dogs with diced onions for today's double header.

Think I will go with Nathan's Frank's. Now which chili is the best on hot dogs???
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
LB12Diamond said:

All this concession talk has made me in the mood for some chili cheese dogs with diced onions for today's double header.

Think I will go with Nathan's Frank's. Now which chili is the best on hot dogs???

Nathan's is the best and you have to go Hormel chili!
Charpie
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Homemade chilli
LB12Diamond
AG
Of course. But to lazy to do that one just for hot dog chili.
Charpie
AG
You can make some, then freeze the rest.

/stuff I do all the time
/then forget I have chili in the freezer and make a new batch
Sea Pony 07
AG
I remember 50 cent hotdog nights. I used to get the brats or the sausage dog back in the day. I also remember winning 10 pounds of Slovaceck Sausage for guessing the most famous line from Jaws.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Trev? Is that you? How was the move from Lincoln?
trouble
AG
Hormel gives me raging heartburn.

For chili dogs, I usually use the HCF chili.
jja79
AG
Prices everywhere go up to cover theft loss.
jsc8116
AG
Cargo shorts is the answer, hahaha
12Power
Who is cramming snow cones and hot dogs in there pants?
FearNoWeevil
AG
Jim Benson 63 said:

I have never understood why people go to a sporting event to eat. Food is going to be a lot better, and a lot cheaper someplace else before or after a game. Or, buy from somewhere else and bring it to the game.

I agree with others who say Levy is terrible. I have gone to football games at every SWC, Big 12 and SEC location, except KY, have been to conference baseball tournaments in OKC , Hoover, Omaha, both Rosenblatt and Schwab. From my experience, in the event I bought food, the quality was ALWAYS better than Levy.

Of course if you bring kids they will have to have something at the game.
The sad part is that there is a good chance that Levy is providing the service at many of those venues you mentioned.
Noctilucent
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Oh boy, Oh boy, Coney Island Hot Dogs! Do I love Coneys!

You can make a couple of great Coneys with Wolf Brand Hot Chili. No beans, of course. Homemade chili is always the best for great Coneys, especially if you have a great recipe (which I do), but the Wolf Brand will do in a pinch, especially with a good deal of mustard and chopped onions!

Speaking of mustard, hot mustard is really good on Coneys too! They stopped selling Mister Mustard years ago (Schweinhunds). However, I just found an excellent replacement at HEB. It's called Lowensenf Extra Hot Mustard. It's just as good as Mister Mustard.

Oh yeah, and all beef dogs. Gotta use all beef dogs. Hebrew National are really, really good, but a little more expensive than Nathan's.

Bon Appetit!
aeon-ag
Conchovalleyag said:

So taking our family tonight....trying to decide if we should do an early dinner or have a hotdog at the game....anyone know where i can see the costs of concessions at Blue Bell? Or anyone have any pricing off the top of their heads?

Thanks for the help in advance, and BTHO Georgia may their by a plethora of bubbles this weekend
I was going to purchase a small bottle of water one night and was told the price was $4. I told them to keep it, I could buy a case at the grocery store for $4. I don't go to A&M athletics any longer. !. I'm to damned old, 76, bad knees. 2. ticket prices are bad enough, I'm not going to pay ridiculous concession prices. I can find much better ways to spend my $$$.
TexAg1987
Sea Pony 07 said:

I remember 50 cent hotdog nights. I used to get the brats or the sausage dog back in the day. I also remember winning 10 pounds of Slovaceck Sausage for guessing the most famous line from Jaws.

You're going to need a bigger freezer.
LB12Diamond
AG
Going to have to check that mustard out.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Athletics should ditch Levy and design a way for food trucks to drive into the concession area and sell good food at reasonable prices.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
KidDoc
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Athletics should ditch Levy and design a way for food trucks to drive into the concession area and sell good food at reasonable prices.
I love this idea, support local businesses and better quality food.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
Too bad it's Sharp's call and not the AD
LB12Diamond
AG
trouble said:

Too bad it's Sharp's call and not the AD

I'm sure if Albert's thinks a change is helpful he will let Sharp know and provide sound reasoning.
trouble
AG
Have you met John Sharp?
LB12Diamond
AG
Nope
But Albert's seems one to not leave any stone unturned.
trouble
AG
I agree but Sharp is stubborn.
jsc8116
AG
Do they allow you to bring up to a gallon of sealed water like football games?
OnlyForNow
AG
Yes
missinAggieland
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

Our AD is driving people away with $7 hotdogs.

They need to educate themselves on loss leaders

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-1-50-costco-hot-dog-combo-that-defies-inflation-11657753870
https://cfoshare.org/blog/loss-leader-strategies/

It's not just our athletic department. Concessions were expensive at Bama and are at Vandy. It's mind boggling how high they are - more than some professional arenas.
Drda
So we have the number 1 team in the nation and we're complaining about concessions . Seriously .
missinAggieland
AG
Most on here were stating facts. I'll gladly pay for concessions - quality concessions.

Levy is not quality.

My point was that I've seen equally high and higher prices at multiple SEC stadiums.
TAMUallen
AG
Drda said:

So we have the number 1 team in the nation and we're complaining about concessions . Seriously .

Tell me how you don't go to the games without telling me you don't go to the games
trouble
AG
Drda said:

Tbf, we've been *****ing about them for a long time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.