Concession costs at Blue Bell

10,147 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by ensign_beedrill
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TyperWoods said:

Levy is awful.

Don't spend a penny on concessions and eventually Sharp or whoever will get the message.
they haven't since day one, the only thing that will change is the contract is up so hopefully we'll get a better company next fall
tamc93
AG
We are probably the exception more than the norm, since I like a cold adult beverage or two while watching the game plus sometimes do not have time to eat prior to the Friday games.

It does hit the wallet when paying for 4 adults though.
Bullpen Chias
AG
I'm shocked anyone eats at A&M athletic events after seeing years of Levy gripes. Eat before or after the game is always the best policy. Tricky if there's a DH tomorrow.

All that to say, I spent $3300 with Levy in 2023. And yeah. I don't eat there. That ain't even counting road trips. That's just A&M concessions. Do you all know how much booze it took to endure the 2023 athletic season - apparently $3300 worth.

And yes, I'm aware Derm is about to post the "Those are Rookie Numbers" Meme
trouble
AG
We can't all afford enough red wine to bathe in.

We buy concessions because it helps keep the boys in their seats instead of asking to go to the playground.
Bullpen Chias
AG
trouble said:

We buy concessions because it helps keep the boys in their seats instead of asking to go to the playground.

I'm going to take the next few hours to re-evaluate my life...before I step up to the bar at Olsen.
dermdoc
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

trouble said:

I'm going to take the next few hours to re-evaluate my life...before I step up to the bar at Olsen.
Only took me a few seconds.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jah003
S
I would of course never condone bringing in outside food or drinks… but… A guy I know has brought in a burrito, sunflower seeds, candy, cheeseburgers, an iced coffee, maybe a beer or 2.
Charpie
AG
The only thing worth its cost is the pretzel wrap sausage. That thing is amazing.
trouble
AG
The pizza pocket thing is better than it has any right to be
Charpie
AG
trouble said:

The pizza pocket thing is better than it has any right to be

Ooh is it?
trouble
AG
Mal insisted on bringing half of it home.
LB12Diamond
AG
It was a sad day when Double Dave's
pizza rolls were kicked out.

That was mine and my boys staple at games.
Scooley01
AG
jah003 said:

I would of course never condone bringing in outside food or drinks… but… A guy I know has brought in a burrito, sunflower seeds, candy, cheeseburgers, an iced coffee, maybe a beer or 2.
And if you're going to attend multiple games, I bet you could wrap the reusable soda cup in a couple 12th man towels and put it at the bottom of your park bag, and I don't believe a single security person will notice for the entire season. Not that I would know from experience, just a wild guess.

Also there are clear cups and maroon cups, and they usually alternate which cup they use each night, but I also bet that zero people would care enough to say anything if you had "yesterday's cup" today...again, just a wild guess.
The Anchor
AG
I took two of my boys last week. We ate before and we brought some snacks. We still spent $45 on two burgers and a tray of nachos.

I have had the hotdogs and they are terrible. And not just because they are so expensive. They two we had were straight up trash and almost inedible. My wife couldn't finish hers because it was so bad.
BarnacleBill
AG
Bucketrunner said:

The burgers at Davis Diamond are really really good.

Does anyone actually LIKE Pepsi more than other drinks? Since they stopped offering lemonade, we just drink water.

I do, but I may be the only one.
KidDoc
AG
I came here specifically to mention the pretzel dog & pretzel pizza pocket. Both so darn good!

The Block T draft is excellent as well just $$$.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexAg1987
The pretzels are $10

A box of m&m's is $5.50

I believe a bucket of popcorn is $13 because you can no longer get it without the "souvenir" bucket

And it is now self serve / self checkout and yes, they still ask for a tip.
greg.w.h
AG
BQ_90 said:

TyperWoods said:

Levy is awful.

Don't spend a penny on concessions and eventually Sharp or whoever will get the message.
they haven't since day one, the only thing that will change is the contract is up so hopefully we'll get a better company next fall
Best kickback wins…
DDowl44
AG
You think that applies to those of us with a VA Card?
highpriorityag
The Sausage wrapped pretzel is well worth $10.99

the rest of the items not so much
JMac03
AG
jah003 said:

I saw an older couple bust out a homemade sandwich and chips.
YellowPot_97
AG
Insanely expensive. I've had season tickets for 10 years. In years past a hot dog and a drink were a must for every game. Then prices went crazy. $10 for a piece of salty bread is insulting. Now I don't buy anything but an occasional beer. They've lost my money over the last several years with the ridiculous pricing.
OnlyForNow
AG
I bet you could.

I've never done this before.
Bucketrunner
I would like to support 44 Farms, but those weiners are just nasty. One bite, and I was done. You couldn't put enough mustard on it to make it edible.
Jim Benson 63
AG
I have never understood why people go to a sporting event to eat. Food is going to be a lot better, and a lot cheaper someplace else before or after a game. Or, buy from somewhere else and bring it to the game.

I agree with others who say Levy is terrible. I have gone to football games at every SWC, Big 12 and SEC location, except KY, have been to conference baseball tournaments in OKC , Hoover, Omaha, both Rosenblatt and Schwab. From my experience, in the event I bought food, the quality was ALWAYS better than Levy.

Of course if you bring kids they will have to have something at the game.
LB12Diamond
AG
Bc at one time it did not cost an arm and a leg.

Have you watched field of dreams?

"Dog and a beer"

It's kind of part of our American past time.

Friday night lights in Texas is at least still not messing up the concessions.
Agdad081216
tjack16
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Bc at one time it did not cost an arm and a leg.

Have you watched field of dreams?

"Dog and a beer"

It's kind of part of our American past time.

Friday night lights in Texas is at least still not messing up the concessions.

"$3 for a hot dog, that's outrageous" - Cubs owner in the movie, Rookie of the Year

Oh boy if only he could see it now
ReelAg6
tjack16 said:

Conchovalleyag said:

So taking our family tonight....trying to decide if we should do an early dinner or have a hotdog at the game....anyone know where i can see the costs of concessions at Blue Bell? Or anyone have any pricing off the top of their heads?

Thanks for the help in advance, and BTHO Georgia may their by a plethora of bubbles this weekend

I'd say eat before the game on the way in. But if you do get stuff at the game, take advantage of the free refills on sodas if you get some. It's free refills all game so whoever can split one with somebody I'd recommend that.

The hot dogs are garbage but the sausage wraps are good and they are about the same price.

Aggie dogs used to be so good like 5 years ago and then they went cheap
tjack16
AG
Based on the one I ate at the Vandy series.. it might have been cooked 5 years ago
91AggieLawyer
AG
Scooley01 said:

A soda is $10, if that gives you a good estimate for the prices of other stuff.

When did Jerry Jones take over Aggie concessions?
kevmiller
Scooley01 said:

jah003 said:

And if you're going to attend multiple games, I bet you could wrap the reusable soda cup in a couple 12th man towels and put it at the bottom of your park bag, and I don't believe a single security person will notice for the entire season. Not that I would know from experience, just a wild guess.

Also there are clear cups and maroon cups, and they usually alternate which cup they use each night, but I also bet that zero people would care enough to say anything if you had "yesterday's cup" today...again, just a wild guess.

Great job loudmouth

Tonight they had ticket takers and security keeping an eye out and we're making people throw their cups away.
Several season ticket holders around me have been doing this .. but not now.

$10 for a drink is insanely stupid.
Bullpen Chias
AG
kevmiller said:

Scooley01 said:

jah003 said:

Great job loudmouth

Tonight they had ticket takers and security keeping an eye out and we're making people throw their cups away.
Several season ticket holders around me have been doing this .. but not now.

$10 for a drink is insanely stupid.

If you got your cup in for more than two games, you were playing with house money.
TXAGBQ76
AG
To be fair, that includes unlimited refills
TXAGBQ76
AG
Our AD hasn't been on the job a month yet, he had nothing to do with food prices at Olson

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.