*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

307,745 Views | 3675 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by MSTC Man
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Cottrill tonight. She didn't play Tuesday against Prairie View either but I just assumed it was a night off to rest.

4-0 Kentucky in top 2. HRs by their 5 and 9 hitters.
Belton Ag
AG
Really poor effort so far. Wiggins was flat footed on a single up the middle and didn't try and make a play on the ball. Hill watches a ball hit the top of the outfield fence and doesn't try and make a play on the ball.

Meanwhile Kentucky is balling.
Positivelyag512
Julia????
Gap
AG
Ags score 3 in the bottom of the 3rd. Back in the game now.
Gap
AG
4-4 after 4 innings
MSTC Man
AG
Positivelyag512 said:

Julia????

Maybe the doghouse.
Gap
AG
Tied 4-4 headed to the 7th inning.
Positivelyag512
MSTC Man said:

Positivelyag512 said:

Julia????

Maybe the doghouse.

Hmmm
Gap
AG
Great comeback 5-4 win

Hill singles home Koko in bottom 7
Positivelyag512
LET'S GO
Belton Ag
AG
Game turned around pretty well. Kentucky went 16 up, 16 down after that last home run. Kennedy was dealing after the 2nd inning.
Boozer92
AG
That ending should take the pressure off the girls for the series. Too many late inning ties have gone the wrong way. Winning and walking that one should propel them the rest of the weekend. Happy Gracyn was able to get her first hit of the year and first hit of her career in SEC play but I hope to see Julia the rest of the weekend. When she is locked in she is a weapon for the Ags
Sea Pony 07
woodometer
AG
No Cottrill again
Gap
AG
Ags lead 10-3 after 3 innings.

Leavitt relieved Ackerman after 1 inning and a couple of batters.
Gap
AG
Not sure what is going on with the scoreboard and balls and strikes this weekend. It is about 50/50 at being accurate.
Roy coy
AG
Definitely interesting. Benching your All American. Hopefully she can work her way back into the lineup and pickup where she left off. Haven't seen Gracyn catch until today but have been impressed with her receiving.
woodometer
AG
Coleman has been playing great. Cottrill is in now but the expression on her face looks like she definitely has a concern about something. Hopefully it was just a few days off.
VegasAg86
AG
This is the longest 7 inning game I've ever seen.
t-rex
AG
Who ever is calling pitches for us had a terrible 7th inning
jmcfar_98
AG
She's out. Game over
fitzwatema
AG
That was quite the roller coaster of a game. I was surprised Coach Ford didn't bring Emily Kennedy in sooner. Very happy that the girls hung on for the win!
Belton Ag
AG
VegasAg86 said:

This is the longest 7 inning game I've ever seen.

I gave up my seat today so my daughter could take some of her friends. I'm sooo glad I did.
bdp514am
Just gotv around to watching it (busy weekend). Would have liked to have seen a quicker hook, especially considering the LSU series, but wins like this pay big dividend down the road.
AgsMnn
AG
Wow. That was a very close call.
Bucketrunner
Ags are not batting well
MSTC Man
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Ags are not batting well

Schoonover is pitching well.
Belton Ag
AG
Between yesterday and today I believe the Aggies have gone 12 straight innings without pushing a run across. Hopefully they can shake out of that next week.
sharpdressedman
Coleman bunting??? PH a .167 average hitter??? Three wild missed swings for third out??? Sixth and seventh innings are a curse.

jmcfar_98
AG
sharpdressedman said:

Coleman bunting??? PH a .167 average hitter??? Three wild missed swings for third out??? Sixth and seventh innings are a curse.

Playing to tie and not let Cannon walk it off.
fitzwatema
AG
That was a big question for me too, why bunt Coleman there. If you want to bunt bring in someone else and let Coleman bat latter.
MSTC Man
AG
I would have to agree. Why ask Coleman to bunt? Not sure she is the best bunter on the team.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Wrong game
Belton Ag
AG
Earlier in the year Coleman pinch hit and successfully bunted. The defense was way back and it caught them off guard so much I think Coleman reached. I guess they thought they could try and do that again, but after the first foul I figured they'd just tell her to swing away.

I guess they were going to try anything because between Schoonover pitching so well and the Aggies poor execution at the plate they weren't getting it done conventionally.

Good performance by Eschete today, she's been a gem out of the portal. I thought the infield defense was outstanding today, and Kennedy was mostly great.
Boozer92
AG
The inability to layoff the high pitch with a low strike zone 2 weekends in row is a concern for me. Hitting is about hunting the right pitch. We didn't see that today very often by the Ags. In the past 6 SEC games we have hit 1 homerun and that by Kramer, her first. To win this weekend in Tuscaloosa we will need to power hitters to identify the right pitch to hit. Taking a series at Bama is not impossible but the level of play will need to high
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.