Nick lodolo, 42nd overall pick, heading to Tcu

6,024 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
Sandman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Some of you guys (cough...cough hop) are trying to hard to pile dirt on Childress.

Once again, well said Lance!
I'm not piling on Childress and I've said that numerous times. You simply need to read my posts where I've praised Childress for many aspects of his program. I'm piling on posters who choose to respond in arrogant quips with winky face emojis.

Then why didn't you just reply to me? Clearly you missed the joke behind the winky face.

And I have read your posts. There is not a more arrogant and condescending poster on Texags than you when you've been challenged. It's not close. Re-read your posts on this very thread for examples.
Lance Uppercut
AG
I'll add one thing before I do everyone a favor and self-ban until October and Fall Ball...

I'd forgotten that the contract was up in 2018. The results of the 2017 season alone could provide immediate evidence about what the new AD's expectations are for the baseball program.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
I'll add one thing before I do everyone a favor and self-ban until October and Fall Ball...

I'd forgotten that the contract was up in 2018. The results of the 2017 season alone could provide immediate evidence about what the new AD's expectations are for the baseball program.

Unless he gets an extension this fall

I'd say that evidence could come a lot sooner
Rocco S
quote:
quote:
quote:
Some of you guys (cough...cough hop) are trying to hard to pile dirt on Childress.

Once again, well said Lance!
I'm not piling on Childress and I've said that numerous times. You simply need to read my posts where I've praised Childress for many aspects of his program. I'm piling on posters who choose to respond in arrogant quips with winky face emojis.

Then why didn't you just reply to me? Clearly you missed the joke behind the winky face.

And I have read your posts. There is not a more arrogant and condescending poster on Texags than you when you've been challenged. It's not close. Re-read your posts on this very thread for examples.
That's pretty rich coming from you
Rocco S
quote:

Hopefully Woodward realizes, unlike the RC goal tenders, that the notion that coaches can't recruit without an extension is complete bs. No reason at all for him to get a new contract this fall.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:

Hopefully Woodward realizes, unlike the RC goal tenders, that the notion that coaches can't recruit without an extension is complete bs. No reason at all for him to get a new contract this fall.

We'll see about Woodward... can't imagine he'll be anywhere near as worthless as Hyman was

He talked a big game a few weeks back, but slipped in a little "manage expectations"esque talk when it came to football

I think they are all a bunch of John Sharp lapdogs anyway, so what difference does it make.....
Yell Practice
Yell Practice
Nick lodolo must be in pretty good shape - to walk away from 1.5M. That opportunity may not come again.
Tex100
AG
Exactly. He will likely have to be a first rounder once he is draft eligible to get that much.
ftworthag02
AG
Tcu takes pretty good care of their athletes
SeattleAg05
AG
Not sure if this is entirely on topic with the thread, but I enjoyed the conversation so I'll go for it.

I think you have to choose process and regular season results over postseason and recruiting rankings every time. And it's not because it's more important. This is all about postseason success and championships. I just firmly believe that consistently good teams over a large sample size is a better indicator of future postseason success than what happened in previous post seasons.

The frustration of the postseasons of the last 11 years is legitimate (i feel it too). I just think the frustration of the last two years is misplaced. I still believe that this same 2016 aggie team would be a top 5 favorite to win the nc if they started the postseason over again now.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
I just think the frustration of the last two years is misplaced. I still believe that this same 2016 aggie team would be a top 5 favorite to win the nc if they started the postseason over again now.
Maybe the TCU coach is just flat out better than our coach, and about a 95% chance would be better than any other baseball coach we would be able to hire even if we were looking for a new one, cause he is ultra-good and near the top in his profession. I look at the TCU's head coach bio and he has been selected twice as National Coach of the Year and has taken TCU to the CWS the past three consecutive seasons.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.