Worst CWS ever...

17,541 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by histag10
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice to stick it to that ump. Ball by a mile.
Post removed:
by user
zephyr88
AG
quote:
quote:
The teams that are playing right now are not the best teams in the country, they are just the teams currently playing the best. There is a big difference.

It's baseball and the better teams don't always win.

It isn't just baseball, it is sports. Teams get upset in every playoff in every sport but they weren't the best team that year if they lose. Ever watch March Madness?
Jakes's right... Who's hot now?

That's the difference in looking at a season vs. a tournament (which is all that the CWS is anyhow).

I hope CC lays the wood to TCU again tonight.
W
AG
and speaking of the worst CWS...the city of Omaha might agree.

yikes, attendance was brutal at that Arizona-OSU Saturday afternoon game. Were there even 3,000 people there?
jkag89
When was the last time both if necessary games were necessary? Part of the low attendance this afternoon might be do to the fact if only one was played it would have been an evening game no matter which bracket. In other words, if an afternoon game is very rare, most may have had other plans.
TexasRebel
AG
AgHoop
AG
quote:
Agree

Wouldn't be surprised if has one of the lowest viewership in the past 10yrs

It's baseball...low viewership is pretty standard
ftworthag02
AG
In regards to cws
DFCStrider
AG
The thing I've enjoyed the most about this CWS is watching two no name teams reach the finals, especially by accomplishing this feat via a complete Big 12 meltdown. This is why you play the game. Obviously, polls, rankings and seeding are people's opinions which are wrong a great deal of the time.
4ZORRO
AG
quote:
quote:
Texas Tech
TCU
Coastal Carolina
Oklahoma State
Arizona

One of these teams will win a national championship. Unbelievable.

TCU is 2-0 after avoiding Florida altogether. They need one more win in the next two games against Tech or Coastal to play for a national title.

Think about that. Could have and should have been us.

Makes me sick to my stomach.
Thinking like that makes me wonder why they just don't send the Top 8 seeds to Omaha. The teams that make it , played their way there.
Scotty Appleton
quote:
The thing I've enjoyed the most about this CWS is watching two no name teams reach the finals, especially by accomplishing this feat via a complete Big 12 meltdown. This is why you play the game. Obviously, polls, rankings and seeding are people's opinions which are wrong a great deal of the time.

No name team? You mean the one from the best year-in & year-out conference that's won 4 titles including a few years ago? Been a finalist 3 other times and been to the CWS 17 trips?

Timberwolf
AG
Scotty,,totally agee. Zona has one hell of a program. Obviously someone hasn't been paying attention.
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Texas Tech
TCU
Coastal Carolina
Oklahoma State
Arizona

One of these teams will win a national championship. Unbelievable.

TCU is 2-0 after avoiding Florida altogether. They need one more win in the next two games against Tech or Coastal to play for a national title.

Think about that. Could have and should have been us.

Makes me sick to my stomach.
Thinking like that makes me wonder why they just don't send the Top 8 seeds to Omaha. The teams that make it , played their way there.

The better teams do prevail!
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:

Arizona is a "no name" team? They won their 4th national championship like 3 or 4 years ago.

(Hell, Coastal Carolina isn't exactly a shocker within the college baseball world. Good program and has been for awhile.$
PabloSerna
AG
Well some of the best players (at that age) are not there, they play professionally. What we have is a good to sometimes great level of armature baseball. I would guess that the teams that make it have caught some lighting in a bottle unless they have one or more aces.

I thoroughly enjoy the college game, but realize that it is hard to maintain a level of excellence, which makes what teams like Rice, FLA and now TCU have done, impressive. I think RC is building a program for a prolonged run over the next decade; that is why I am baffled by the quick hook by some fans.

I think "teams" definitely win more at this level - but if you have talent at certain positions, like pitcher - well then the sky is the limit!

+GIG'EM!!

DFCStrider
AG
OK, maybe no-name for Arizona was the wrong way to say that this year, they were not expected to do well with a new coach and were not a national seed. Coastal Carolina is a no name team, also not a national seed.
tk for tu juan
Coastal Carolina now has double the CWS wins in one appearance than A&M has over 5 appearances. Arizona has been to the CWS 17 times with 40 wins, 7 finals appearances, and 4 titles. At this point A&M is a bigger no name in the CWS than both these teams.
Scotty Appleton
Arizona is arguably a top 5 program all-time right now. If they win this year, it ceases to be an argument.
TexasRebel
AG
2010 was the last time both if necessary games were played.

1988 was the last time both 2-0 teams lost the if necessary games
Goose
AG
I'll follow the ags relatively closely all season, but otherwise I'm a pretty casual College Baseball fan. i.e. I'm not watching many other SEC games during the season unless the outcome impact the ags directly or something. Might watch a #1 vs #2 matchup during the season just because it doesn't happen all that often and it usually carries with it a little extra excitement. But I'll be tuning in for sure to see a powerhouse like Arizona take on a relative upstart like Coastal Carolina.
themissinglink
AG
I'm thinking there is about a 90% chance the sips announce a new coach in the next couple of days.
spanky
AG
quote:
But I'll be tuning in for sure to see a powerhouse like Arizona take on a relative upstart like Coastal Carolina.
I get what you're trying to say, but this is 2 vs 2 match-up; not a David and Goliath story
Goose
AG
I didn't say they aren't a good team, I said they're an upstart compared to a school like Arizona.
94chem
Coastal Carolina, South Alabama, ULaLa...

There have been years where the Sun Belt was probably the 3rd best conference. It's why baseball is the hardest championship to win. The field is really deep. The big schools sign guys who get drafted. The smaller schools sign 2nd tier guys who stay 3 - 4 years.

Makes it all the more amazing that Oregon State repeated after losing everybody. That run was probably even more impressive than what Fresno did.
jja79
AG
Do people watch college baseball or just come here with ridiculous posts? Arizona won the CWS 4 years ago and CC has been a 1 seed 4 of the last 10 years with 3 Supers.
Yell Practice
Texas Tech
TCU
Coastal Carolina
Oklahoma State
Arizona

This year was just ripe for us to Win the NC. Sad ---
Yell Practice
Yes "The better teams do prevail!" and they must remain "hot" in June obviously.

All the way to Omaha next year Aggies.
Yell Practice
Arizona has been around the CWS for a long time.. We played them back in the mid 50s in a Regional game.
histag10
AG
.....? who are you talking to?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.