Lol @ the Horns

16,937 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mark Fairchild
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How does the possibility of Sergio Brown from Arizona sound? From the Augie tree, excellent recruiter, mastermind of the defense of Arizona, and trips to CWS's. Sounds like that could be a possibility. What say?
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
AnScAggie
AG
I'm assuming they have made a decision based on Skip Johnson taking a lateral move. It would be ironic if the hire is Heefner from DBU and he thought that he could find a better pitching coach and assistant than the best tu assistant coach.
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
I'm assuming they have made a decision based on Skip Johnson taking a lateral move. It would be ironic if the hire is Heefner from DBU and he thought that he could find a better pitching coach and assistant than the best tu assistant coach.

I think the writing was on the wall for skip. He wanted the job but was told there was a chance in hell. He knows the new guy will want to bring in his own staff regardless of reputation. Wouldn't want to have any carryover baggage. Hughes at ou is not popular right now and was probably told if changes weren't made to the bandaid he brought in when Giese left, he would be out. In steps skip.
backintexas2013
AG
I think no it's Pierce or bust. He has to be the best option left.
Luke The Drifter
AG
quote:
How does the possibility of Sergio Brown from Arizona sound? From the Augie tree, excellent recruiter, mastermind of the defense of Arizona, and trips to CWS's. Sounds like that could be a possibility. What say?

Doubt they'll go with an assistant. Plus, this is his first year back in coaching since the 2013 season. Not sure why he spent 2 years out of baseball, but he did. Why would they not go after Arizona's head coach Jay Johnson? He made a winner out of Nevada and is on the verge of winning a national title at Arizona in his first season.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
backintexas2013
AG
I was right. I could be sip AD
Bob Dobalina
I think it is a good hire for them.
MAROON
AG
its a great hire for them.
96ags
AG
quote:
its a great hire for them.
Sad thing is, their ego damn near got in the way. He will do a good job there but was at least 5th or 6th on their list to begin with.
MAROON
AG
I agree. I'm close to a guy who has been involved with this deal since Day 1 of the search. UT is lucky that Pierce wanted this job worse than any job in the country. Because they strung him along for way too long.
Mark Fairchild
AG
I thought it would be Pierce all along. However, they sure did take their time. I think that he will do well, which is something I hate. Oh well, only time will tell.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.