Selection Show [let's discuss it here--Staff]

46,355 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mathguy64
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The committee just simply cannot get past pairing us with the dumpster fire.
Not the only proximity pairing-:
Florida /Florida St.
Louisville/Vandy
Clemson/South Carolina

But they skipped ULL/LSU. They make no sense.

ULL MSU is still under the 400 mile threshold.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
So with tcu winning the big xii they host a regional, would they have losing that game?
I think so. Looking at the regionals, Coastal Carolina was probably the team with the biggest gripe. They were RPI 12 with slightly better non con metrics. But as Sean pointed out last night that's 4 regionals in the Carolinas in a small area. TCU made it to spread things out a bit and help with travel.
Buck Compton
AG
Just mentioned Augue to get their air time... But then called them out on the air for their timing.
YankAg13
AG
Anyone else see that graphic of regional hosts showing Kentucky and Tennessee in the place of Vandy and Louisville? That's pretty sloppy work by ESPN.
jtamuk5
AG
Way to make it about you tu
annie88
AG
How can Princeton be 24-19. Surely that's 42-19?
pdaddy
AG
Yep. Sad.
trm94
AG
About what I expected. Wake Forest is the most dangerous team we will deal with, and that includes possibly TCU. The BDF is trash this year, and if you don't think our guys won't want to kick the Frogs ass I'll assume you know nothing about baseball.

And Tech paired with UVA? They are toast. Ole Miss is toast as well. Surprised to see Florida and FSU matched up yet again, but I really would love to see Clemson/SC. And our regional is a cake walk with the exception of Wake Forest.
Boat Shoes
AG
And they had UNC on the map! Insult to injury.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Credibility lost.
It is a sham when outside interests govern fairness and objectivity.

The selection committee must have been replaced by Bob Arum and Don King
pdaddy
AG
Seems these decisions were made last week. No way late last night.
YankAg13
AG
Hah I didn't notice that, poor Tar Heels...
Texam90
AG
quote:
Credibility lost.

The unfair part is Tech as a national seed not our 4.
turboboost
AG
OK
If you can't open your eyes and finally see that...

You know what: it's not worth it! Screw it! We're only one step ahead of Tech...yeah right! Eff off Committee!
LatinAggie1997
AG
quote:
quote:
Credibility lost.

The unfair part is Tech as a national seed not our 4.

I don't think one can differentiate vomit covered diarrhea decisions from diarrhea covered vomit decisions.
merc
AG
I know most of the time chalk won't hold but having the two best teams in the country on the same side of the CWS bracket sucks. I would have liked to see us and Florida 1 and 2. Either order.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
I know most of the time chalk won't hold but having the two best teams in the country on the same side of the CWS bracket sucks. I would have liked to see us and Florida 1 and 2. Either order.

But you knew that wasn't going to happen because the committee did just about everything (tech&msu the exception) to make it so two teams from the same conference wouldn't be in the final.
merc
AG
quote:
quote:

But you knew that wasn't going to happen because the committee did just about everything (tech&msu the exception) to make it so two teams from the same conference wouldn't be in the final.
Yeah. It's a dumb system. They just do whatever they want and justify it with some random measurement every year. Like one poster said above, last year #6 rpi wasn't good enough for national seed but this year #14 is. It's so much like something the government would run it gives me the creeps.
dixichkn
AG
And again the fascination with pairing A&M up with a BDF opponent. Every selection/bowl committee seems hell bent on making that happen. Like the whole freakin country is on pins and needles dying to see that old rivalry renewed.

Whatever. I hope purple tard DOES wind up in our house. Like it should've been last year. Payback will be sweet
Sean98
AG
2 words: Prox. Imity.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
Anyone else see that graphic of regional hosts showing Kentucky and Tennessee in the place of Vandy and Louisville? That's pretty sloppy work by ESPN.
Yep.

My Son was arguing with me that we had 8, not 7. (He's usually right.)

Shoddy work. Typical of esipn
eb93
AG
Grew up around Minnesota baseball. Coach John Anderson has been there since 1981. The heyday was 60's and 70's when guys like Dave Winfield took them to CWS. Big Ten just doesn't get same level of athletes for baseball anymore. However, Big 10 got as many teams in this year as BDF 9. Wake will be favored against Minny.
Rocco S
Probably already mentioned, but if the top 4 seeds were picked in RPI order, how do they drop all the way to #14 to get their 5th seed, and then leave RPI 19 out of the tournament?
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
Probably already mentioned, but if the top 4 seeds were picked in RPI order, how do they drop all the way to #14 to get their 5th seed, and then leave RPI 19 out of the tournament?
Tech was getting a NS all the time. And UNC didn't make the ACC tourney. If yo don't make your own you don't make the big one seems to be the answer.
Rocco S
I don't have a huge problem with tech getting a national seed. I have a problem with the logic used to give them the 5th seed. Does winning your conference regular season or tournament count or not? Does RPI matter or not? It's like they said RPI and nothing else matters for the first 4 seeds, after that we are looking at regular season titles. If you're giving a national seed to the #14 RPI team, they should be a 7 or 8.
Texam90
AG
quote:
And again the fascination with pairing A&M up with a BDF opponent. Every selection/bowl committee seems hell bent on making that happen. Like the whole freakin country is on pins and needles dying to see that old rivalry renewed.

Whatever. I hope purple tard DOES wind up in our house. Like it should've been last year. Payback will be sweet

Get used to it as contrary to popular opinion we are still in Texas.
dermdoc
AG
Show me one metric that tech has over MSU, Clemson, or LSU? How are they not the 8 seed as the "token" non SEC/ACC team?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
last year #6 rpi wasn't good enough for national seed but this year #14 is.

RPI is not, nor should it be, the only metric. It is one of maybe 4-7, and may not even be the most heavily weighted. It is, after all, circular reasoning and really doesn't deserve the be the most important, much less the only, measurement.

quote:
Show me one metric that tech has over MSU, Clemson, or LSU?

(As it relates to Clemson and LSU, anyway,) Conference champs.
dermdoc
AG
And especially MSU if you want to use the regular conference champion logic. And the SEC conf rpi is a lot better than the Big 12's. Makes zero sense.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Badger50
Congrats on the #4 ags. Should have been higher imo. Gotta love how the ncaa put florida, a&m and lsu on 1 side the bracket and put the acc teams on the other side. I guess they are trying there hardest to not get an all sec final lol. Hope to see you guys in Omaha!!
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
Selection committee basically saying conference tourney doesn't mean ****

Are you alleging that it EVER meant something (other than auto-bid)? If so, when?
DeangeloVickers
AG
I have zero problem with the bracket if Ole Miss switched places with Texas Tech
Basketball and Chain
AG
Mississippi State won a better conference than tech and had a better RPI. What else ya got?
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

Get used to it as contrary to popular opinion we are still in Texas.
They pair us with a big 12 opponent in every sport. It's not all based on proximity. They even paired us in the opening round of the CWS with a big 12 opponent, where proximity doesn't have anything to do with it. This isn't a coincidence either.
Mathguy64
AG
They also paired Louisville and Vandy, Clemson and USCe, UF and FSU

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.