Selection Show [let's discuss it here--Staff]

46,195 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mathguy64
JRB78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As hotly contested as last year's super was, I can't say I blame them for trying to duplicate that.
Rocco S
quote:
They also paired Louisville and Vandy, Clemson and USCe, UF and FSU

Are you attempting to counter my point or support it?
Amazing Moves
Just win the whole f-Ing thing.
dcbowers
AG
I am sure that Eric Hyman is somehow involved in this.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Texam90
AG
quote:
quote:
They also paired Louisville and Vandy, Clemson and USCe, UF and FSU

Are you attempting to counter my point or support it?

It happens to everyone so it is not unique to A&M and the Big 12.
Mathguy64
AG
Just a saying they paired lots of teams who are closely related. And close geographically. and who have a history. Hell UF and FSU have already played 3 times this year. You think FSU wanted to see them again?

Strictly from the standpoint of potential matchups, , given that we couldn't see Vandy, OM or USCe we got about the weakest seed we could get.
jkag89
quote:
quote:
quote:
And again the fascination with pairing A&M up with a BDF opponent. Every selection/bowl committee seems hell bent on making that happen. Like the whole freakin country is on pins and needles dying to see that old rivalry renewed.

Whatever. I hope purple tard DOES wind up in our house. Like it should've been last year. Payback will be sweet

Get used to it as contrary to popular opinion we are still in Texas.
They pair us with a big 12 opponent in every sport. It's not all based on proximity. They even paired us in the opening round of the CWS with a big 12 opponent, where proximity doesn't have anything to do with it. This isn't a coincidence either.
Not sure why you're complaining. I'm rather happy we didn't get paired with an ACC hosted regional and if chalk holds, the Aggies get a relatively easy opponent for our first game in Omaha.
Texags is garbage
The kids work hard all season to get to the top, grown adults **** it all up in 2 minutes. Oh well, time to play some ball now!
John Dutton
AG
Agreed.. The seedlings and pairings, are proof positive that Hymannia doesn't have to be around to screw us.. But our boys proved, this past weekend, that against all odds, they can put the hammer down and roll!!
LB12Diamond
AG
Gators are 1seed.

Do you think they like having to go through LSU and Us?
Rocco S
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
And again the fascination with pairing A&M up with a BDF opponent. Every selection/bowl committee seems hell bent on making that happen. Like the whole freakin country is on pins and needles dying to see that old rivalry renewed.

Whatever. I hope purple tard DOES wind up in our house. Like it should've been last year. Payback will be sweet

They pair us with a big 12 opponent in every sport. It's not all based on proximity. They even paired us in the opening round of the CWS with a big 12 opponent, where proximity doesn't have anything to do with it. This isn't a coincidence either.
Not sure why you're complaining. I'm rather happy we didn't get paired with an ACC hosted regional and if chalk holds, the Aggies get a relatively easy opponent for our first game in Omaha.

Where do you get that I'm complaining? We got the weakest NS in the opening round of the CWS
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
quote:
Thanks...I was having trouble scrolling Mapquest.

Well let's hit up Yahoo Maps to find the dopest route!
I prefer MapQuest (that's a good one too)
Google Maps is the best (true dat) DOUBLE TRUE!
BTKAG97
AG

quote:
Where do you get that I'm complaining? We got the weakest NS in the opening round of the CWS

Maybe you are not complaining, but it sure comes across like *****ing at the very least.

At least you are not alone, there seems to be a ton of it in this thread.
txagssweetie2014
quote:
quote:
Selection committee basically saying conference tourney doesn't mean ****

Are you alleging that it EVER meant something (other than auto-bid)? If so, when?

How did a 5th place Clemson get a national seed then?
jkag89
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry if I misunderstood but it appeared to me you were on one of your "the NCAA will always find a way to match us with the BDF" rants and couldn't understand why in this case since even if you are 100% correct about the NCAA, it likely worked to our favor this time.
Charlie 31
AG
NCAA Printable 2016 Baseball Championship Bracket
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Selection committee basically saying conference tourney doesn't mean ****

Are you alleging that it EVER meant something (other than auto-bid)? If so, when?

How did a 5th place Clemson get a national seed then?

Their RPI was 6 and SOS was 9. They were 19-14 against the RPI top 25 and just as importantly they were the next best non SEC team. We weren't getting 5 NS.
Charlie Wallace
AG
Appreciate the printable bracket, Charlie31

Charlie Wallace, AMC '62
Sean98
AG
It's less complaining and more your conspiracy theory track record. The NCAA couldn't give 2 s**ts about A&M.
deadlift
Matchups are fine. Happy with it.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
Matchups are fine. Happy with it.
Wonder who's sock this is
Rocco S
quote:
It's less complaining and more your conspiracy theory track record. The NCAA couldn't give 2 s**ts about A&M.

So we get matched with tu literally every chance the NCAA gets in the post season, and when they can't do that, it's some other b12 school, but it's just a conspiracy theory.

Brilliant
jkag89
quote:
quote:

So we get matched with tu literally every chance the NCAA gets in the post season, and when they can't do that, it's some other b12 school, but it's just a conspiracy theory.

Brilliant
Can you then explain why t.u. was sent to Dallas last year instead of College Station if we get matched with tu literally every chance the NCAA gets in the post season?
ColoradoMooseHerd
It also makes sense to pair Texas with us from a travel standpoint. We are very close together and since we are not in same conference makes lots of sense. It also insures high ticket sales for the event.

twk
AG
quote:
It also makes sense to pair Texas with us from a travel standpoint. We are very close together and since we are not in same conference makes lots of sense. It also insures high ticket sales for the event.

Exactly. Look how often Florida and Florida State are matched up. Clemson and USC are regularly paired, too.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:
quote:

Brilliant
Can you then explain why t.u. was sent to Dallas last year instead of College Station if we get matched with tu literally every chance the NCAA gets in the post season?
And who did they match us up with in the first game the year before?

Or in softball this year?

Or basketball this year where proximity isn't a factor?

MaroonStain
AG
This bracket sets up great for us especially after two months of conjecture about our post-season placement.

We are here. Now the Team just need to follow through and perform.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
And who did they match us up with in the first game the year before?

Or basketball this year where proximity isn't a factor?

Yes. And all those matchups sold (or would have sold if the sips had cooperated in MBB) a crap metric ton of tickets in sports that struggle to generate sufficient revenue. And it makes for good theater that generates positive press. That's why we played them at Olsen this year. Get used to it. In sports other than football we will play them either pretty much every year of our own choosing or by NCAA selection where they can make that happen.
A Person
AG
Gig'em, but I'm not thrilled about having to root against my Golden Gophers so early in the tournament
Rocco S
That's my point. The NCAA knows games with us vs the sips and if not them, the b12, draws more interest from both fan bases as well as others. It's not purely proximity as Sean would have you believe.

You can claim we got TCU in SR due to proximity, but then please explain why we get TT in the first round of the CWS? The consensus is we deserved better than a 4 seed and TT didn't deserve a 5 seed, so do you think the committee just coincidentally matched us up in the first round?
jkag89
quote:

Both A&M and t.u. have made the NCAA softball tournament all four years since the Aggies move to the SEC, this was the first time the two have met. So much " getting matched with tu literally every chance.."

You register when it occurs but don't notice when it does not happen, so you perceive a bias that probably isn't there or at least no more so than any other region of the country where rivals are in different conferences.
Rocco S
Just because we were both in the post season doesn't mean the chance to match us up was there
Texam90
AG
quote:
Just because we were both in the post season doesn't mean the chance to match us up was there

According to you they make it fit even if the #s don't support it. So why not other years?
Texam90
AG
The draw is good until the 2nd round in Omaha.

It would be nice to be #1 but I doubt it changes are draw any. Tech is the weakest national seed and TCU is at the bottom of the regional host list.

GIG'EM.
jkag89
quote:
quote:

According to you they make it fit even if the #s don't support it. So why not other years?
Exactly.

And absolutely no finagling had to be done last year to send the sips to Olsen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.