The reason we lost...

7,147 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ensign_beedrill
ColoradoMooseHerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am afraid to comment on this thread for fear that histag10 will complain again. I think most of the comments were handled by Lance and friends.
Furlock Bones
AG
The team reflects the coach. Childress must get way too up tight when it really matters because the team makes the same mistakes year after year and Childress makes the same coaching mistakes year after year.
ColoradoMooseHerd
What were the same coaching mistakes?
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:

Throwing outs away is a big one.
Bernie13
Ya'll need a trip to the hills and relax. Chill pills and moonshine for everyone!!!
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:

You mean bunting? Or something else?

ColoradoMooseHerd
quote:
quote:

Obviously you refer to the bunt attempt today. So what are all the past examples you are referring too?
dermdoc
AG
Agree.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
sharpdressedman
Bad outcome today. Life in the loser's bracket is tough.

The team finished the regular season ranked #1 in the country in several respectable polls, which is the best possible manifestation of informed observers' confidence in this team's championship potential.

As mentioned in someone's earlier post, I would like the team to be accumulating SEC championship trophies on the way to an Omaha appearance. However, crap happens in the regular season and the tourney.

I get a clear sense that the bar for this team and coaching staff is set at making the CWS. Sure, it's a daunting challenge, but it is the standard by which elite programs are judged. For the record, I think they make it.
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
It's not June but it's May so now it's June. I like winning, we should be winning because I like winning. We may have been winning before, but we didn't today, so remember all those years we didn't win? Just thought I'd let you know because I think winning is better than losing. Sorry if you all accept mediocrity, but we weren't winning before and now it's now so remember before before now is like before. That's what I like...winning. We have to win now because winning now isn't like before where we were losing.

Genius I tell you, genius!
VegasAg86
AG
quote:
They scored more runs
I think those 2 things sort of go together.
VegasAg86
AG
quote:
quote:
Count me as concerned. Two straight tight ball games and we can't produce at the plate. .

Yeah, 5 runs is a small number for a baseball game...
It took us 3 games to score 5 against them a few weeks ago.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I fully expect us to be at the very least, one of the last four standing. Anything less is a$$ my dude.
merc
AG
We get to play again tomorrow. I feel like some people don't realize that. Also, we are a national seed. One of the top 4 would be my guess no matter what happens. Win in the morning and get another shot at Ole Miss/Vandy. Redemption is there to be had.
ColoradoMooseHerd
It is weird. This is the week that obviously you would like to win but if you lose you are rewarded with rest for the regionals.
bdgol07
AG
quote:
They scored more runs

Damn you and your logic!!
greg.w.h
AG
Given last year, the committee is looking for excuses to exclude A&M from National Seeds. The conference needs to defend the school if it happens again.

We're already fully deserving of a national seed and the opportunity to host a super regional. We don't need to do anything else. It isn't that our WHOLE schedule was awesome, but the down-the-stretch schedule was daunting and we handled it fine.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Given last year, the committee is looking for excuses to exclude A&M from National Seeds. The conference needs to defend the school if it happens again.

We're already fully deserving of a national seed and the opportunity to host a super regional. We don't need to do anything else. It isn't that our WHOLE schedule was awesome, but the down-the-stretch schedule was daunting and we handled it fine.

You really think the committee is looking for excuses to exclude Aggies from a NS? Really?
trm94
AG
Omaha is all that matters
TXAggie2011
AG
What would be the supposed teleology, what would be the purpose, behind the NCAA wanting to exclude A&M from a national seed?
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
What would be the supposed teleology, what would be the purpose, behind the NCAA wanting to exclude A&M from a national seed?
Probably not going to get an answer to this question ...
agforlife97
AG
We got hosed on the call and that's why we lost. Whatever. TCU went 2 and Q in the BDF tourney last year, still was a national seed, and still went to Omaha. That's all I care about.
Schrute
quote:
We got hosed on the call and that's why we lost.
I hope the players don't have this mentality today or in the NCAA tournament.
ensign_beedrill
AG
quote:
It is weird. This is the week that obviously you would like to win but if you lose you are rewarded with rest for the regionals.
Well, if you're in our position. It's a nice spot to be in.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.