The reason we lost...

7,106 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ensign_beedrill
BeatHellOutOfTU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was not because of a sac bunt failed attempt it was because of an errant throw to allow 3 runs to score later on in that inning. We gave the game away... I'm not complaining or crying, we will be fine no matter what the outcome is this week. This team has fight I never worry about that!
COSCAggie03
AG
They scored more runs
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
That too
fletch01
AG
And our bullpen wasn't nails. Rather get this junk out now than next week. But we need to come back and win a couple of games, at least. Dang, I hate losing so early in the day....makes the work day that much longer.
scottk1966
AG
What does the throwing error and the three bunt strikes at eye level during the last at bat have in common? Hint... starts with an H.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Did we ever get an agreement on that play? We still have about 50/50 of people saying he was on the bag vs. off, and two guys claiming they're looking at their DVR and know for certain it was one or the other.
Maroon Dawn
AG
We keep telling ourselves that these losses don't matter, that not winning any hardware doesn't matter, that all that matters is Omaha like they're going to just hand us a ticket there for having a good regular season.

At some point we've got to start winning games again or we aren't getting out of our super regional and we have nothing to show for all the hard work once again.

Put aside this funk and Light a fire!
BBQ
AG
H did not have his best day for sure.
Farmari Bojuji
whoop_99
AG
The reason we lost is because we're ranked #1. We've been great this year until we move up to #1. We need new rankings out now so we can move down to #2!
Lance Uppercut
AG
You have to win games to advance in the playoffs. You learn something new every day on Texags
ensign_beedrill
AG
You say that, but please also see his two RBI hits, one being a triple. He was one of our best producers at the plate today.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Homan has made up for his mistakes before, he'll do it again tomorrow.
Maroon Dawn
AG
quote:
You have to win games to advance in the playoffs. You learn something new every day on Texags

You get my meaning though, too many people on here see Omaha as a foregone conclusion so our less than stellar play the past few games is a non-issue because our ticket has already been punched.

It most certainly has not.

Lance Uppercut
AG
Watched that play again on repeat. He's out. Birk catches the ball, then goes with his momentum and comes off the bag after making the play. The umpire is watching the ball and wasn't looking at his feet at all. He would have no idea if he made the play or not because he wasn't looking at all of it.

It wasn't an easy play either. Not sure how you can get so mad at Homan for getting the out and having the umpire make the wrong call.
aggiebrad94
AG
Count me as concerned. Two straight tight ball games and we can't produce at the plate. .
tfishtex
AG
quote:
Count me as concerned. Two straight tight ball games and we can't produce at the plate. .

Yeah, 5 runs is a small number for a baseball game...
MallalieuAg
AG
The home runs by Vandy is what won it.
MallalieuAg
AG
quote:
We keep telling ourselves that these losses don't matter, that not winning any hardware doesn't matter, that all that matters is Omaha like they're going to just hand us a ticket there for having a good regular season.

At some point we've got to start winning games again or we aren't getting out of our super regional and we have nothing to show for all the hard work once again.

Put aside this funk and Light a fire!
I agree. I think it sounds stupid when someone says "well I rather lose now than in the CWS" as if we are going to win the CWS because we lost games early instead. I want to yell. Look at what we have done lately. We are in the games but we are not coming through at clutch times. We need all areas, hitting and pitching and catching, to peak at the same time.
spanky
AG
Look at what we have done lately? 3 consecutive series wins over top 10 teams?
Nebules
AG
lately, we're 6-5
Eike Mlko
His foot came off the bag AFTER he caught the ball. He should have been called out.
Lance Uppercut
AG
We lost those games to (mostly) #6, #8, and #10 and they're all teams we beat 2 times out of 3 before the tournament. And we lost the third of those games to two of those three.

Winning is better than losing obviously, but I promise you 90% of this board couldn't name the years we've won conference tournaments under Childress (there's 3).

If the team was playing poorly, I'd worry more. But Moss, Banks, and White are seeing the ball again and Moroney has been a nice addition, with only Melton seeming to struggle. Vinson was saddled with 3 unearned runs today, but I'm not worried about him or Ecker's ability to pitch based on home runs given up today.

When you play the end of your schedule and tournament almost entirely against the Top 10, you might lose some games. But we won the "series" against all of those CWS-capable teams during that time that everyone has been fretting.

I'd be worried with you if I thought the team looked bad. But I don't, so I don't really see this as a big deal. People are acting like they've been constantly screwing up and getting kicked around the field for a month or dropping games because of incompetence, when that's nowhere close to the truth.
dermdoc
AG

• Did not we just win two out of three from Ole Miss, Sc, and Vandy? Would not that win any super? So in other words if we had been in consecutive Super regionals with those three top ten teams we would have won them all, correct? I am not concerned in the least. And Hunter will hit when it counts.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
quote:
Look at what we have done lately. We are in the games but we are not coming through at clutch times. We need all areas, hitting and pitching and catching, to peak at the same time.
Do not disagree but a good showing in the SEC Tournament does not necessarily portend success further down the road. For example the 2014 SEC Tournament Finalist LSU and Florida, both National Seeds failed to get past the regional round. Florida in fact went 0-2. Nor does a disappointing showing mean doom and gloom. Using the 2014 SEC Tournament once again, Vanderbilt and Ole Miss both went 1 -2, both ended their seasons in Omaha with with OM compiling a respectable 2-2 showing and Vandy winning the National Title.
PJYoung
AG
Typical TexAgs overreaction.

Schrute
It would be nice to play well (and win) in the SEC tournament, but playing well (and advancing) in the NCAA tournament is 10000X more important.

Say the Ags lose tomorrow and are eliminated??? Hate losing, but then again the team gets home on Friday and gets a full week of rest before the first pitch is thrown in the Regional.

Sean98
AG
Stop me if you've heard me say this before...

Postseason conference tournaments suck. Worthless as teats on a boar hog unless you are a bubble team that doesn't deserve to be playoffs to begin with. I honestly don't care if we forfeit 2 games.
Bunk Moreland
quote:

• And Hunter will hit when it counts.

It has counted in the last 4+ series, and the sub .200 average in the last 17 games, and .100 average in the last 12 were all in games that counted.

It counted against Ole Miss with a chance to win the regular season conference title outright.

It's great to be all nonchalant and rah rah, but discussing Hunter's struggles is a very legitimate topic considering his spot in the lineup, and the duration of this awful slump
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Stop me if you've heard me say this before...

Postseason conference tournaments suck. Worthless as teats on a boar hog unless you are a bubble team that doesn't deserve to be playoffs to begin with. I honestly don't care if we forfeit 2 games.

I agree with this completely. I hate them. I couldn't give 2 ****s about them, and I wish the NCAA wasn't allowed to even consider them in the seeding process other than the team that gets the auto-bid.
ordRV80
AG
Move Hunter down the line up.

It helped with Moss and Banks.

Need to do something because he has been a huge hole for weeks.
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
jkag89
Agree and disagree. Would not mind if the NCAA disallowed them. It would be nice if conferences that forego a tournaments that its members could expand their seasons to 60 games from the current 56. However,as long as tournaments are currently part of the college baseball landscape, I believe the multibid conferences should use them to their advantage. First to enhance resumes either to just get in, to host or for a National Seed. Second they are extra games against quality competition in which to experiment with rotations or lineups before going into the NCAAs Third, simply because they can be a lot of fun.
TAMU1990
AG
I agree with Maroon Dawn. We know how to win except when it counts in June. I know the calendar is still May, but in essence it's June. We have no consistent history with winning and getting to Omaha, whether we have a strong team or a team that gets on a roll and gets hot. To me, this is what being a baseball coach at TAMU should be all about. RC needs to get it done this year.
zagman
AG
quote:
Watched that play again on repeat. He's out. Birk catches the ball, then goes with his momentum and comes off the bag after making the play. The umpire is watching the ball and wasn't looking at his feet at all. He would have no idea if he made the play or not because he wasn't looking at all of it.

It wasn't an easy play either. Not sure how you can get so mad at Homan for getting the out and having the umpire make the wrong call.
The umpire was out of position to make that call .Also I am tired of this umpiring crew. We have had this crew 7 out of the last 10 games. Two members of this crew are incompetent, third base and home plate today.
Lance Uppercut
AG
It's not June but it's May so now it's June. I like winning, we should be winning because I like winning. We may have been winning before, but we didn't today, so remember all those years we didn't win? Just thought I'd let you know because I think winning is better than losing. Sorry if you all accept mediocrity, but we weren't winning before and now it's now so remember before before now is like before. That's what I like...winning. We have to win now because winning now isn't like before where we were losing.

jkag89
quote:
It's not June but it's May so now it's June. I like winning, we should be winning because I like winning. We may have been winning before, but we didn't today, so remember all those years we didn't win? Just thought I'd let you know because I think winning is better than losing. Sorry if you all accept mediocrity, but we weren't winning before and now it's now so remember before before now is like before. That's what I like...winning. We have to win now because winning now isn't like before where we were losing.

Eleventy Billion blue stars for Lance!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.