I love the bubble jealousy

15,627 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by annie88
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's the thing, it's one of those spontaneous things that is so great about college sports.

A player started it in the dugout and the fans ran with it.

That's what makes it awesome.
Elastrator
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
They can say what they want about the bubbles but it's far better than the stupid dance swamp kitties do for just getting a base hit.
You really think blowing bubbles is better than LSU players doing a signal that means the pitcher was crazy(losing his mind) for pitching to him? If you saw another team blowing bubbles and the Aggies didn't do it would you really think it was cool? No way you believe this.

If you saw another team sporting mullets and LSU didn't, would you really think they are cool?
The thing is no other fan base is really surprised that the aggies think bubbles are cool. It fits y'all perfectly. As long as y'all embrace it good for the fan base.
Much like you guys embrace poor academic standards?
spanky
AG
I agree on the fanbase embracing something is all that matters...same goes for calling hogs, guys with little pom poms, and passed out teabagging
AggieBill005
AG
Who gives f*** if its cool? If they guys get a kick out of it, and it helps keep them loose and have fun, then buy them gallons of the stuff. Its a game. I'm glad they are having fun with it...
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Here's the thing, it's one of those spontaneous things that is so great about college sports.

Except it wasn't even spontaneous.

Puig and the Doyers did this last year. That's where the idea came from.

But I know. Puig is known as one of the dorkiest players in MLB, and obviously MLB is not cool in any way, so I guess it's just some other dumb thing the Aggies drummed up.

Sorry to the Cajuns that the SEC takes offense to it. I'm sure the team and fans will be sure to sit on their hands the rest of the tourney.
ragincagin
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
They can say what they want about the bubbles but it's far better than the stupid dance swamp kitties do for just getting a base hit.
You really think blowing bubbles is better than LSU players doing a signal that means the pitcher was crazy(losing his mind) for pitching to him? If you saw another team blowing bubbles and the Aggies didn't do it would you really think it was cool? No way you believe this.

If you saw another team sporting mullets and LSU didn't, would you really think they are cool?
The thing is no other fan base is really surprised that the aggies think bubbles are cool. It fits y'all perfectly. As long as y'all embrace it good for the fan base.
This is the most over used statement on here. You really believe you make more money or get a higher ranked job over someone with a LSU degree? Odd that i've been training two grdp's with A&M degrees here at my job for the last 6 months with my ****ty education. Hell we have A&M grads reporting to guys with degrees from North Texas and ULL. How can that happen with such ****ty educations?
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Sorry to the Cajuns that the SEC takes offense to it. I'm sure the team and fans will be sure to sit on their hands the rest of the tourney.
thats the pac-100. SEC requires fans to wave pom-pom's about. Waiving corn dogs is also accepted in certain stadiums and schools.
Tobias Funke
AG
It's not that we think bubbles are particularly cool, but we do think scoring a ****load of runs is cool
Ag2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is the most over used statement on here. You really believe you make more money or get a higher ranked job over someone with a LSU degree? Odd that i've been training two grdp's with A&M degrees here at my job for the last 6 months with my ****ty education. Hell we have A&M grads reporting to guys with degrees from North Texas and ULL. How can that happen with such ****ty educations?

Actually, yes.
jkag89
quote:
quote:

Except it wasn't even spontaneous.

Puig and the Doyers did this last year. That's where the idea came from.

But I know. Puig is known as one of the dorkiest players in MLB, and obviously MLB is not cool in any way, so I guess it's just some other dumb thing the Aggies drummed up.

LINK

As trouble has already pointed out, what makes this fun is that the fans have embraced it. If it were just in the dugout I doubt any would care one iota.
BoozerRed78
AG
[url=http://media.photobucket.com/user/itsallblack/media/trailer_park_boys_1.jpg.html][/url]
Bunk Moreland
I agree with trouble. I was just referencing that post because it said a player started it, it was spontaneous, etc. in response these cajuns who just can't stand the poor wittle bubbles and thing it's dorky...

well I guess it wasn't too dorky for Puig and the Dodgers last year.

I'm sure if I'm a visiting fan I wouldn't like it, but I bet even some of the USCe fans in attendance that Friday night had to be pretty impressed by the bubbles flooding the stands and the field for each run. That night game in particular was just awesome.
Mikeyshooter
AG
SEC fans take themselves way too seriously. Of course bubbles aren't necessarily cool, but isn't that the point? It started out as a joke that has turned into something the fans have rallied behind.
ragincagin
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, yes.

But this table has nothing to with income based on education considering UF is a higher ranked education univeristy that A&M and LSU. This graph most likely reflects that Texas companies pay more than most other southern states. Find me a graph that compares LSU and A&M salaries of those employed in Texas.
Mikeyshooter
AG
maybe you should start another thread about this.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, yes.

But this table has nothing to with income based on education considering UF is a higher ranked education univeristy that A&M and LSU. This graph most likely reflects that Texas companies pay more than most other southern states. Find me a graph that compares LSU and A&M salaries of those employed in Texas.
Elastrator
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This statement was referring to Foster...
GeorgiAg
AG
GeorgiAg
AG
GeorgiAg
AG
Ag2012
AG
Spin spin spin...
ragincagin
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, yes.

Funny, that's the face i see nearly every post game in every meaningful sport when the Ag's play LSU.
Kate Beckett
AG
Less arguing. Moar bubbles.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, yes.

Funny, that's the face i see nearly every post game in every meaningful sport when the Ag's play LSU.
I'm sorry your little school is broke and doesn't compare well to A&M. Move the goalposts all you want, but its not close.
bullard21k
AG
People take themselves way too seriously.

Baseball is a long season. You have pitchers and freshman wearing hello kitty backpacks, to players keeping a dolphin pillow pet in their dugout because they are on a winning streak....and everything in between.

Mullets, Mohawks, pink wrist bands, bubbles....baseball players are creatures of habit and think everything is superstitious. Every team in the country does something goofy or funny.

It's not a big deal. People like to discet everything A&M does no matter how trivial....its border line weird
ensign_beedrill
AG
I brought my bubbles along to Knoxville, and after we scored one of our runs on Sunday, I overheard a guy say, "Where are the bubbles? You know... for the kids?"
ragincagin
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, yes.

I'm sorry your little school is broke and doesn't compare well to A&M. Move the goalposts all you want, but its not close.
LOL, so butt hurt. Go blow blow bubbles and stare at your male cheer leaders that run around with lassie.
trouble
AG
They definitely were.
Tanya 93
Goodness there is some butthurt in this thread.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
From Tigahs and Ags alike. Arguing on an internet message board over bubbles and mullets is as sad as it gets.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
From Tigahs and Ags alike. Arguing on an internet message board over bubbles and mullets is as sad as it gets.
bubbles and mullets is serious business. Now bringing potential future earnings into it is just childish.
gougler08
AG
Let's bring national school rankings in to it next
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
I once visited Cambridge on a trip to England. All bow before my educational greatness.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

How about world rankings?

Overall
165. Texas A&M
501-550. LSU

Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering
42. Texas A&M
Unranked LSU

Medicine
201-250. Texas A&M
Unranked LSU

Pharmacy
101-150. Texas A&M
Unranked LSU

Vet
6. Texas A&M
Unranked LSU

Ag
14. Texas A&M
51-100. , LSU

Business
51-100. Texas A&M
Unranked LSU

Architecture
49. Texas A&M
Unranked LSU
trouble
AG
Even if someone else did it previously, it still grew spontaneously within the fan base.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.