Monday Morning Polls - 3/30/15

16,877 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by JeffHamilton82
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=11041

Perfect Game is first out.

1) TCU 21-4 4-0
2) LSU 23-5 2-2
3) Florida 23-6 3-1
4) Vanderbilt 22-6 3-1
5) Texas A&M 27-2 3-1
15) USCe 19-9 1-3
17) Dallas Baptist 22-3 4-0
19) Houston 19-9 2-2
21) Nebraska 21-7 4-1
25) tu 17-11 1-3
Bunk Moreland
D1 Baseball up next.

http://www.d1baseball.com/rankings/d1baseball-top-25-march-30/

1) Vanderbilt 22-6 3-1 (2)
2) Texas A&M 27-2 3-1 (3)
3) Florida 23-6 3-1 (4)
4) TCU 21-4 4-0 (5)
5) LSU 23-5 2-2 (1)
14) Rice 19-11 3-2 (14)
18) Nebraska 21-7 4-1 (NR)
19) Dallas Baptist 22-3 4-0 (NR)
21) USCe 19-9 1-3 (12)
22) Houston 19-9 2-2 (20)
24) tu 17-11 1-3 (16)
BQ_90
AG
sorry any poll with the sips STILL in it is garbage.
gougler08
AG
Perfect Game's stubbornness to move teams when they don't have a good weekend is amazing
Bunk Moreland
Those 2 usually come out earlier than the rest of them, so let's look at some RPI as well...

Warren Nolan RPI

1) Dallas Baptist
2) Miami
3) Florida State
4) Texas A&M
5) TCU
10) Florida
13) Vanderbilt
16) Kentucky
17) Alabama
18) Nebraska
21) Ole Miss
23) LSU
26) Auburn
31) Houston
40) Rice
54) tu
Ft Worth Ag
AG
Good for Dallas Baptist to be ranked on the various polls. They have a game on Tuesday, 7 APR against the Frogs.
Bunk Moreland
Boyds World

1) Dallas Baptist
2) Miami
3) Florida State
4) Texas A&M
5) TCU
10) Florida
13) Vanderbilt
16) Kentucky
17) Nebraska
22) LSU
23) Alabama
30) Auburn
31) Houston
41) Rice
54) USCe
55) tu
58) Missouri

W
AG
after 7 weeks D1 has finally gotten their poll right (with the exception of the horns).

but Perfect Game...c'mon...you can't put TCU and LSU -- 2 teams that lost home series to unranked teams -- ahead of A&M (or Vandy). That is weak
W
AG
regarding the RPI...the SEC's surge up the rankings is well under way with 7 teams in the top 30. The league will continue to pack teams in the top 50 as conference play continues
Ft Worth Ag
AG
I tire of listening-to/reading the talking heads and psuedo-journalists about our SOS and the series with Missouri seems to have really improved that number.
Tripacer
Massey

Number 1 in Massey. Number 2 so far in Massey composite with only 3 polls in.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Honestly the Perfect Game and Baseball America polls lost a lot of relevance with me when they lost Kendal Rogers and Aaron Fitt to D1. There's no question that the number one source for college baseball information is now D1 (at least for me).
McCoveysCove
the sips being ranked in top 40 is a joke
West Texan
AG
quote:
after 7 weeks D1 has finally gotten their poll right (with the exception of the horns).

but Perfect Game...c'mon...you can't put TCU and LSU -- 2 teams that lost home series to unranked teams -- ahead of A&M (or Vandy). That is weak

I really don't get PG's train of thought.
CapCityAg89
AG
Man, there is a bunch of baseball left to play, but I sure love this team. I couldn't care less about Texas - WE are positioned for a Top 8 seed. That is effing awesome.
CapCityAg89
AG
As for PG - TCU is much more likely playing in the very down Big12 to put up big numbers over the second half than any of the SEC teams. You SHOULD see that same kind of "stickiness" to the Big Four rankings even as we start getting beat up. For example, I could see us getting swept by LSU (not really, but possible) without our rankings changing at all.

And at 25, Texas is a solid 2 seed which is still about right. Make your readers (most of them) happy by seeing them or give you guys something to complain about and more is the better.

Nah. Who am I kidding. Idiots.
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
Honestly the Perfect Game and Baseball America polls lost a lot of relevance with me when they lost Kendal Rogers and Aaron Fitt to D1. There's no question that the number one source for college baseball information is now D1 (at least for me).
Agree, D1B and USA Today are the only polls I'll listen to.

That said, D1B is killing me today. They put Nebraska, DBU and Houston back in the rankings, all teams A&M's beat. They're also doing RPI now, and they have A&M at No. 4 and well above Vandy. Yet they rank Vandy No. 1 this week.
Ag13
AG
Is there anywhere on D1Baseball that shows the votes/points that result in the poll numbers? Very curious to see how close we actually are to number 1 in that one.
spanky
AG
quote:
quote:
Agree, D1B and USA Today are the only polls I'll listen to.

That said, D1B is killing me today. They put Nebraska, DBU and Houston back in the rankings, all teams A&M's beat. They're also doing RPI now, and they have A&M at No. 4 and well above Vandy. Yet they rank Vandy No. 1 this week.
Just said the same thing to somebody else. I still think our defense and loss of starters is being held against us like it will cost us down the road.
DanHo2010
AG
All human polls have a tendency to stick to their preseason rankings as long as possible, regardless of how ridiculous they are proven to be. This is because if they are too quick to admit they were wrong, they look dumber and you're less likely to buy their insider reports. Perfect Game, and even D1 to a much lesser extent, also care about talent more than performance in the first half of the season. This is because 1) they rightly believe that talent usually wins out in the long run, and 2) they make money off evaluating talent, not telling you who won and lost games.
spanky
AG
Do all the writers at D1 contribute to their poll? Sorenson had us at #10 in his power rankings last week.
CampingAg
AG
I really like Kendall's material, but he does come across as a Vandy homer a lot of the time.
Farmer1906
AG
We should still be #1 in Collegiate and move up to #1 in the coahces. I'll take it. We have a big road series with a team that just took one from LSU at Alex Box. We win that and we might start jumping Vandy.
JohnnieBB
AG
Polls ---- are nothing but, to talk about and create discussion. The only thing I care about is getting to Omaha and the CWS. Then, there are the top 8 teams in College Baseball. That is the poll that counts!
spanky
AG
You want Omaha, the selection seeding is mighty important
McGibblets
AG
I'm pretty surprised that we're still behind vandy in d1. I expect if Kentucky beats Indiana in their midweek game and then we can sweep them (along with beating Sam), we should take the top spot
swimmerbabe11
quote:
Polls ---- are nothing but, to talk about and create discussion. The only thing I care about is getting to Omaha and the CWS. Then, there are the top 8 teams in College Baseball. That is the poll that counts!

Does this have to be posted on a weekly basis?
We all understand that. It doesn't mean we don't like to continue to discuss.
DanHo2010
AG
quote:
I really like Kendall's material, but he does come across as a Vandy homer a lot of the time.
That's funny, since he's an Ag class of '05 who lives in Houston.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

I feel like someone says this every week. Everyone that participates in these threads knows this. We ultimately don't care about the polls as long as we win and make a real playoff run, but we aren't in playoffs.
McGibblets
AG
quote:
I think he tries to be an anti-homer for A&M. Since he went here, I feel like he doesn't want to give us full credit so that way people don't accuse him of being biased
West Texan
AG
quote:
quote:

I feel like someone says this every week. Everyone that participates in these threads knows this. We ultimately don't care about the polls as long as we win and make a real playoff run, but we aren't in playoffs.

It's akin to telling message board fans to take it one game at a time and not get to far ahead.
Agsncws
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's akin to telling message board fans to take it one game at a time and not get to far ahead.
Eh. I see it closer to "Quit whining", but everyone sees things through their own filters.
txaggie_2011
AG
Jeff Sagarin is up: http://sagarin.com/sports/cbaserate2015.htm. No change in the top 2 from last week; DBU is #1 and A&M is #2

SEC has 3 of the top 10 in Texas A&M (2), Vanderbilt (6), and Florida (7). LSU at 12
Bunk Moreland
to be somewhat fair to D1...Vandy is the defending national champion, and while they lost some key guys, they also have key guys who returned on that team, they're playing great to start the year, and they are winning their conference series early.

I think based on this year so far, the Ags deserve to be ahead of them, but I'm not opposed to using the defending champ mantra into a mid-season ranking. If the Ags keep taking care of business, it'll all settle itself out.
LeftyAg89
AG
How the bleep is Rice at 14 ??? They've gone 4-5 over their last nine games!!!!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.