FInal TV schedule released tomorrow

9,425 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Capt_Crunch 14
jason_cook
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
A heads-up that the complete SEC Baseball TV schedule comes out tomorrow (Tuesday), including games broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and SEC Network. All of the remaining games 12th Man Productions will broadcast on SEC Network+, which is digital/online via WatchESPN or SECnetwork.com. These broadcasts will be ESPN-quality, complete with announcers, graphics and a minimum of 4 cameras. So, in essence, every Texas A&M Baseball game will be on TV this spring.

You will need to "authenticate" through your cable/satellite provider to access WatchESPN or SECnetwork.com. It's as easy as typing in your account number. For DirecTV customers, we are cautiously optimistic that SECN+ will be available for you by opening weekend, or at least by the end of February/early March.

If you have questions about baseball TV coverage, post a reply and I will get back to you. The visibility for Aggie Baseball this year is going to be unprecedented.
txaggie_2011
AG
Thanks Jason. While the 12thManTV online broadcasts were better than nothing I'm very much looking forward to the ESPN quality broadcasts we'll get this year and in the future.

Do you know if the 2015 Media Guide will be available on 12thMan.com sometime after the TV schedule is out?
Agsncws
AG
Boom. It's like Christmas all over again. Really hoping Direct has it together before games start streaming on E3.
archangelus2
AG
This is going to completely change aggie baseball for me in a goodway.
ensign_beedrill
ensign_beedrill
AG
Will I need a TV provider to see the games broadcast online? I don't have one.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Will I need a TV provider to see the games broadcast online?

Legally? Yes

TempleAg97
AG
Jason- you answered a couple of good ones for me yesterday but, when do you anticipate SEC+ being ready to go for Time Warner?
jason_cook
S
quote:
Do you know if the 2015 Media Guide will be available on 12thMan.com sometime after the TV schedule is out?

Media guide should be posted at 12thMan.com around Feb. 1.
jason_cook
S
quote:
when do you anticipate SEC+ being ready to go for Time Warner?

I anticipate a longer delay when compared to DirecTV due to the merger with Comcast.
Captain Pablo
AG
McGibblets
AG
http://www.secsports.com/article/12198559/2015-sec-baseball-tv-schedule
96ags
AG
That list is beautiful. Thank you, thank you, thank you from a very grateful college baseball fan!!
Captain Pablo
AG
Thank you, sir!!!!
W
AG
hey, we got a Saturday night game out of the deal...and parents weekend to boot:

April 18th vs. Arkansas -- 7:30 first pitch
ensign_beedrill
AG
I'm so bummed.
Agsncws
AG
As an out-of-stater for the past 19 years, there were literally days when I dreamed this was possible.
Captain Pablo
AG
ensign,

Can you not just get a TV service?
TexAg91
AG
Jason, who will be the announcers for the A&M home games on SEC Network +?
Captain Pablo
AG
txaggie_2011
AG
Will Johnson on play-by-play and Mark Johnson on the color commentary, per Jason on Studio 12. The Johnson & Johnson crew.
ensign_beedrill
AG
quote:
Can you not just get a TV service?

I could, yeah, but I don't watch a whole lot of TV and it's really not worth it to me to have cable; it's quite expensive these days. I just set up an antenna and I get lots of channels that way. The only thing I really miss is sports. If there was a cheaper online-viewing-only option, that might be nice.
Mustang1
AG
Dish just announced an online viewing only package. Doubt it includes the SEC network though.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
I could, yeah, but I don't watch a whole lot of TV and it's really not worth it to me to have cable; it's quite expensive these days. I just set up an antenna and I get lots of channels that way. The only thing I really miss is sports. If there was a cheaper online-viewing-only option, that might be nice.

Well its your call, but I would think there are some pretty low cost options out there that would set you up

I probably wouldn't care either, but for several hundred SEC baseball games and other Aggie sports

12thmanisright
Does anybody here try to use their Smart TV for the watch espn app? I just bought one of those curved Samsung tv's wasn't sure if I could get the watch espn app on it?
gougler08
AG
I have the Watch ESPN app through the XBOX One, but I would think that any smart TV w/ apps would have Watch ESPN as an option
westbury1966
Captain Pablo
AG
Everyone has the app

Or everyone that doesn't have it can download the app for nothing, or buy an amazon stick for $39 to get the app, along with several other apps like Hulu, Netflix, or whatever

But it's not the "app" that matters

The app is just a portal to content that you can access if you have a subscription to some service that allows access

What matters is whether you can (legally) access the content associated with the app, not whether you have the app

And to do that you have to be a subscriber to a cable company that has a agreement with ESPN to deliver content to its customers through the ESPN app
12thmanisright
Well I have a couple different user names and passwords from a couple friends because of all the issues I have had from DirecTV so I think I should be covered.
Foxo
AG
No more 12th man TV ?
txaggie_2011
AG
Correct. From the 12thMan.com's TV/web broadcast info:
quote:
Texas A&M's subscription-based 12thMan.TV at AggieAthletics.com no longer offers live competitions as of June 2014.
I believe 12thManTV still carries interviews, press conferences, radio broadcasts, and other features. Just no live competition broadcasts.
OnlyForNow
AG
beedrill.

send me an email.

check profile, you going to opening weekend?
Rocco S
quote:
Will I need a TV provider to see the games broadcast online? I don't have one.

Borrow someone's that does
dabo man
AG
Hey ensign,

I bet most of the games wind up here:
http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/baseball.html

If not, we'll find a way to take care of you.

Pongo09
AG
quote:
quote:

Media guide should be posted at 12thMan.com around Feb. 1.
Jason, I don't see the media guide posted. I emailed Thomas Dick asking when it would be available, but have not heard anything.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.