Juiced Bats ?

5,194 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Gone
GNeck72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YES the redline c-core was the best bat around!!! That and the original air attack
Polska
AG
quote:
GatorChomp
posted 1:00p, 06/25/11

Yeah, that's it. I'm pretty sure if your team was accused of cheating it would be a different story. Sorry, we just happen to be good.

Not good enough.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yeah I remember when the crocs came to Olsen and got swept by a pretty good Aggies team; their announcers were saying we won because we used the trains to distract their batters and pitchers
W
AG
a few notes from Aaron Fitt of Baseball America on the recently completed CWS:

"As expected, the new bats and pitcher-friendly dimensions and wind conditions at TD Ameritrade Park led to the least offensive CWS in decades. The 2.66 combined ERA by the eight Omaha teams is the lowest since 1973, the final year of the wood-bat era, when the eight teams posted a 2.51 ERA. The nine home runs and .239 composite batting average were the lowest since the 1974 Series, when teams hit eight homers and batted .227."
BradC34
AG
There's a lot of drivel floating around this thread but this:

quote:
"As expected, the new bats and pitcher-friendly dimensions and wind conditions at TD Ameritrade Park led to the least offensive CWS in decades. The 2.66 combined ERA by the eight Omaha teams is the lowest since 1973, the final year of the wood-bat era, when the eight teams posted a 2.51 ERA. The nine home runs and .239 composite batting average were the lowest since the 1974 Series, when teams hit eight homers and batted .227."

is awesome. Love the new bats. I look forward to covering high school ball next year with these bats... can you say no-hitter?
Gone
Is it against the rules to use a wooden bat? I mean if a player wanted to, could he? Or does he have to use the metal bats?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.