Why cant Buzz recruit?

8,681 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Aggie0956732
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, it looks like Buzz has picked up the number one player in the greater Houston area in 2024

https://www.rcssports.com/en/rankings/class-of-2023-updated-6-23
Warsteiner
rlb28 said:

Well, it looks like Buzz has picked up the number one player in the greater Houston area in 2024

https://www.rcssports.com/en/rankings/class-of-2023-updated-6-23

Yup
Hell of an offer list.
Method Man
He is a walkon.
Charlie Murphy
Wondering why this is being posted on this specific thread? To me, landing a top 10 player in the state of Texas is not a "gotcha" to the original poster.
Welcome to the China Club

"Here's the pitch...POPPED it up! Oh man, that wouldn't be a home run in a phone booth."
-Harry Carey
Pumpkinhead
AG
If he recruits well enough to make NCAA tournament every season (which he has done past two years now) and maybe a second weekend run now and then, are we generally okay with that?
bobinator
AG
lol, yeah. I mean anyone that isn't crazy would be. We can dream of the day when just making the tournament every year isn't good enough but we're nowhere near there.
Pumpkinhead
AG
bobinator said:

lol, yeah. I mean anyone that isn't crazy would be. We can dream of the day when just making the tournament every year isn't good enough but we're nowhere near there.

Like when the horns fired Rick Barnes after he was only making the NCAA tournament for 17 straight years but only one Final Four, and we tire of that sort status quo and just want a coaching change because familiarity eventually breeds discontent?
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Pumpkinhead said:

If he recruits well enough to make NCAA tournament every season (which he has done past two years now) and maybe a second weekend run now and then, are we generally okay with that?

The answer is YES

- at least until annual appearances in Omaha by the baseball team and in the CFP by the football team begin to raise expectations of a championship in at least one or more sports (besides in Equestrian or Meat Judging).
Aggie0956732
I totally get where you're coming from! It's interesting how recruiting in basketball differs from football, right? It's like a whole different ball game. Boosters play a big role in attracting top talent, so maybe that's a piece of the puzzle. And you're spot on about schools like TCU and Baylor pulling in strong recruits. It's a valid point to wonder why we're not consistently in the top 20 with occasional top 10 classes. The hoops recruiting game can be a bit of a mystery sometimes!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.