Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Training yourself to like a food

5,075 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tanya 93
Whoop04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have thought about this for awhile but am also going to Spain in January and want the full culinary experience.
nai06
AG
one of the best meals I had in morocco as a chicken olive tagine with preserved lemon
Nomad
AG
There isn't a normal food I don't like

I don't understand hating a food so much you can't eat it
agcrock2005
AG
I can't for the life of me figure out why God created cucumbers.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Pickles
Duncan Idaho
There are certain foods that I won't eat because of the emotional baggage that comes with them.

Meatloaf and casseroles are the bug ones. The only time I had those as a kid was when my mom had to leave town on a family emergency like to visit her mom in the hospital or what not.
fishag04
AG
I used to HATE olives and now I am addicted to the damn things. It started with capers. I started eating them with salads and different piccata dishes. The first thing I had that I liked with olives was a muffuletta in NOLA. I ate muffulettas every once in a while for a year or so and just tried kalamata olive one day and have been addicted ever since.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
I can't for the life of me figure out why God created cucumbers.
For when the woman is too lazy to go to the store to buy batteries.
evan_aggie
AG
I'm not a huge fan of black olives or fennel bulb.
HTownAg98
I'll eat pretty much anything, but I draw the line at raw squash.
Bruce Almighty
AG
People eat squash raw?
Tanya 93
quote:
People eat squash raw?

I do.

Marinate zucchini noodles with olive oil, garlic, vinegar, and feta.
Whoop04
I had one of those garlic stuffed green olives from HEB today. It was not good, but I am pretty intent on getting to the point where I can at least eat them without ruining a meal, and think it's going to be doable.
HTownAg98
quote:
I had one of those garlic stuffed green olives from HEB today. It was not good, but I am pretty intent on getting to the point where I can at least eat them without ruining a meal, and think it's going to be doable.

They are nasty. I don't know who thought stuffing an olive with raw garlic was a good idea.
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:

They are nasty. I don't know who thought stuffing an olive with raw garlic was a good idea.

I have not had them from HEB. But the ones I buy stuffed with minced parsley and garlic are freaking awesome.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.