Club Corp

9,944 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TPS Reports
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went and played magnolia creek yesterday (I live in South Shore Harbor) for the first time. I was truly surprised at how amazing shape that course was in. The greens are seriously pga tour quality and a fun track overall. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with club Corp overall before I make a decision on joining? Their associates membership is actually pretty reasonable
07fta07
AG
Haven't had any complaints about Club Corp. Tons of locations around Houston to play and they're all above average courses. Some great courses around the country as well. Price is pretty damn good for the junior membership or young executive or whatever they call it. Home course for me is Kingwood.
Mr.Bond
AG
Thanks for the feedback
92TXAG
AG
thumbs up for Club Corp; use my membership all over the world...for golf, destinations, dining, events, etc
DOCAG79
AG
Been a member of Deerwood Club in Kingwood for 25 years. I use Club Corp facilities when traveling and is really a good deal. Will be heading to Durango later this month and will play The Glacier Club for $20 cart fee.
jakeaggie84
AG
How does it compare to the palmer platinum course? Sweetwater in sugar land, pecan grove in richmond, willow fork in katy, and tour 18.
fletch01
AG
Do you have access to Deerwood? I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money to be able to play that course. I played the front nine on the Lakes course on Thursday and thought it was a nice.
07fta07
AG
I do not. To me it wasn't worth the extra $100+ a month. Don't get me wrong, it's a great course, but I can save over $100 a month and have access to 4 pretty damn good courses. The lake is a good course. The island and the forest are better. The marsh will be very good when they finish the greens in the fall.
Signel
AG
Do you guys ever play public courses, or do you feel guilty due to your membership? Do you ever have trouble playing the higher end courses that are not your home course? Do tournaments ever mess up your plans?
How involved are you with the social aspect of the clubs?

I am looking at one of the clubs up in dallas and am curious if it is something I should try.
Mr.Bond
AG
Magnolia creek members don't have access to Deerwood
92TXAG
AG
quote:
Do you guys ever play public courses, or do you feel guilty due to your membership? Do you ever have trouble playing the higher end courses that are not your home course? Do tournaments ever mess up your plans?

I am looking at one of the clubs up in dallas and am curious if it is something I should try.

Yes
No
No
No
Very...

Which club are you flirting with? I've played most of them and would be happy to answer any of your questions...
Signel
AG
I stopped by Oakmont this weekend after they remodeled the club. It is very nice inside and seems like a nice family friendly club. I assume that since it is small and likely one of the lower end clubs in town, the dues should be fairly cheap with a low initiation. I'd require that to make the switch to a CC vs playing all the public courses around town. I am close to Bridlewood and I consider it to be my home course lately with Lewisville and GV down.
For me, it would be about golf and minor interest in getting my kids involved in the club events. Could you elaborate on the 'Very' on tournaments? If those stopped me from playing quite a bit it would be a major factor.
att hello
quote:
I stopped by Oakmont this weekend after they remodeled the club. It is very nice inside and seems like a nice family friendly club. I assume that since it is small and likely one of the lower end clubs in town, the dues should be fairly cheap with a low initiation. I'd require that to make the switch to a CC vs playing all the public courses around town. I am close to Bridlewood and I consider it to be my home course lately with Lewisville and GV down.
For me, it would be about golf and minor interest in getting my kids involved in the club events. Could you elaborate on the 'Very' on tournaments? If those stopped me from playing quite a bit it would be a major factor.
I think he meant "very" in regards to his involvement with the social aspects of the club.
92TXAG
AG
quote:
quote:
I think he meant "very" in regards to his involvement with the social aspects of the club.

Ding, ding, ding...that's exactly what I meant. Sorry; Oakmont is the one club I've not experienced...
Signel
AG
Sorry, missed the number of questions I'd asked.
92TXAG
AG
No worries hombre...if you enjoy golf, people, and value having "access", you can do a lot worse than Club Corp
07fta07
AG
quote:

No, I stay away from public courses.
Haven't had trouble getting on anywhere.
Very occasionally tournaments mess up when/what course I want to play but there's always somewhere to play as a backup.
We aren't really involved on the social side. Pretty much play golf, drink beer, and eat a few time a month up there.
jonj101
If I wasnt at Golfcrest, I would join ClubCorp. The variety of courses they have around Houston make it a great deal imo.
jj9000
AG
OP (and everyone else)

I'd consider 92TXAG the local expert as it relates to Private Clubs in DFW...especially ClubCorp courses.

Listen to him, as he'll shoot you straight.
jj9000
AG
tamu2009
AG
My experience at Prestonwood was great (having to drop due to bugetary reasons). They put a lot of money into that place.

Few times I traveled, I played at other courses and it was pretty easy, call the line and make a reservation. DId not find the time to play other clubs in Dallas.

Once the budget straightens out again, I wouldn't hesitate to join again.
DOCAG79
AG
07, I am legacy Deerwood. I was given the opportunity to do the Master's Program when Kingwood "annexed" Deerwood I chose to just do Deerwood as I like the small club atmosphere and the less than 4 hour rounds, even on weekends!
Ezra Brooks
AG
So you have access to Deerwood only and not the main club facilities?

I dropped my KWCC membership to Fitness only since I'm playing very little due to kids/kid activities.

Hoping to hop into a Deerwood membership when they get a bit older. My two boys are showing interest in the game, so ideally I'd have Deerwood as a "Dad's retreat" while they'd have access to the other 4 courses.
07fta07
AG
There's a lot to like about Deerwood and I've enjoyed it every time I've had a chance to play it. Great course and quick rounds. I may eventually bump up to include Deerwood.
fletch01
AG
Thanks for all the info everyone. I will probably go with the Deerwood option for a year and see if it's worth the extra money. Can't wait to join and start playing more.
07fta07
AG
Let me know if you need a sponsor before you join Kingwood.
jj9000
AG
quote:
Let me know if you need a sponsor
Hello, my name is jj9000, and I'm a golfaholic.
07fta07
AG
Good for you. I refuse to admit I have a problem
fletch01
AG
Ok, thanks 07. I should be finalizing everything within the next few weeks.
Signel
AG
So what if you don't have a sponsor? I filled out the membership card and haven't heard back from the club.. Maybe I'm not 'bushwood material.' Maybe it was the A&M hat.
Mr.Bond
AG
Welp. I took the plunge this afternoon. Now a card carrying member of club Corp
07fta07
AG
They'll assign you a sponsor that you'll never meet. Not a big deal.
They have a new member/sponsor tournament once a year that's pretty cool, that's the perk of being a sponsor.
92TXAG
AG
quote:
Welp. I took the plunge this afternoon. Now a card carrying member of club Corp

Congrats!
Mr.Bond
AG
Thanks. Pretty excited
WHOOP!'91
AG
Did you look a Bay Oaks at all?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.