Annual Masters tip list

7,287 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rikkoman
mongey donk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
13 - for those looking for the adult establishments, they're in downtown augusta. imported talent. not saying I've ever been... just heard a rumor...
Imported talent lol
tbone94
AG
ddub, it was the official commemorative poster. its the main one their selling. it's of the 13 green. i would be so grateful.
booradley
AG
quote:
Booradley,

How impressive is it for a guy like Crenshaw to still shoot in the high 70s and low 80s out there? I've always found it to be amazing for guys like him to still be able to "play".

Well Ben shot 91 today. I didn't watch him but suspect he's swinging too hard trying to manage the length and his normal draw became a raging hook...

What amazes me is tom watson's 71. He's 65 years old. ...

Same score as bubba.
LeFraud
Yea, picked a great day to bring up Crenshaw. But it's not like he plays competitively like Watson either. I mean, what do you think Crenshaw's handicap is?
GIF Reactor
AG
Went yesterday and today. It was such a great experience overall. The only negative thing I experienced was that someone moved our chairs. We had put them near 15 and when we came back they were moved back behind most everybody. Definitely not where we had left them.
DuckDown2013
AG
Flying out this morning. Will be there tomorrow and Sunday. So pumped. Don't mind Speith taking it, but I hope he doesn't run away with it.
bagger05
AG
quote:
Flying out this morning. Will be there tomorrow and Sunday. So pumped. Don't mind Speith taking it, but I hope he doesn't run away with it.

I was there Sunday in 2011. We were pretty bummed that Rory had such a big lead. We thought we were going to have to settle for seeing a coronation. Turned out to be one of the greatest Masters Sundays ever.

I hope it turns out similar for you.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Just got back to ATL after going yesterday and today, HANDS DOWN the best Ilive sporting event I've ever attended. Golfed and stayed at Reynolds Plantation, cannot say enough about the trip. Hope everyone gets the opportunity to do it at least once
DuckDown2013
AG
Today was incredible. Coolest thing I saw was seeing Phil make the Birdie on 16. Going to run to 16 again to set our chairs down as soon as the gates open. Anybody have any idea where the #16 pin placement might be tomorrow??
LeFraud
Should be front middle/left
DuckDown2013
AG
Thanks, LeFraud!
Just did some research on past years and I think we are going to bet on it being middle/back left in front of left bunker especially since it hasn't been in that are the first 3 days.
bagger05
AG
On the back nine they don't typically stray from the traditional pin placements.
stick93
AG
Death, taxes, and Sunday pin placement on the back nine at Augusta.(Especially 16)
LeFraud
2nd nine
JimboFlyFisher
AG
Went Thursday and played golf at Sage Valley on Friday. Great experience EXCEPT getting out of Augusta on Friday afternoon. Flight delays were terrible, and ended up getting back about 24 hours late into Houston. I'm sure it isn't typical, but would probably fly into Columbia SC next time.

Was able to watch the honorary tee with Jack/Arnie/Gary. Definitely worth getting up early for, and you can get right on top of them at the tee for great views. Bubba and Rickie Fowler (with girlfriend) were there as well to watch.

Highlight of my trip to the tourney was hanging in Berckman's Place and being able to chat with Condoleeza Rice for a while putting on the greens surrounding the club. She was very engaging and genuine. Evidently they always have members walking around and greeting folks, but she didn't come off as just checking a box and shaking hands. Berckman's Place is amazing, and even more amazing they only use it for a week a year.

The gift shop is a sight to behold. I bought a couple of shirts, coozies and hat, and still managed to spend about $400. Nothing is overpriced, it just seems to add up. I'd be interested to know how much they sell per SF in that place during Master's week.

I haven't followed the golfers a lot, or seen many tournaments. I will say the most impressive thing to me about the tournament is the absolute expectation of perfection the organizers have, and the attention to detail to make it so. It has inspired me to be more aggressive in my professional life in that regards as well. From the staff, the grounds, parking, restrooms, concessions, and on and on. Nothing that hasn't been thought of or fine tuned.

Sage Valley was a great course to play. You walk and it's with a caddy (first for me). It's only about 30 minutes from Augusta.
WestTexAG
AG
quote:

Highlight of my trip to the tourney was hanging in Berckman's Place and being able to chat with Condoleeza Rice for a while putting on the greens surrounding the club. She was very engaging and genuine. Evidently they always have members walking around and greeting folks, but she didn't come off as just checking a box and shaking hands. Berckman's Place is amazing, and even more amazing they only use it for a week a year.

How did you get access to Berckman's Place? Invited by a vendor? Supposedly its a very short list of corporations who are even allowed to purchase tickets for it.
Hanrahan
AG
Curious what sage valley round set you back. My pro got my group set up there earlier in the week, but it was going to be around $650 a man all in. Our group decided that was just too much so we moved the round over the Atlanta atheletic club... Which was "only" $350 all in. Really wanted to play sage though.
Ags77
AG
Spent the majority of the day Thursday in Berckman's Place. AMAZING experience. Had a golfing buddy with me from Rosebud and he ate in all 4 restaurants, lol. Everything is free. Best experience? Putting the greens in there. Duplicate of the tournaments speed and slope on the course.
JimboFlyFisher
AG
I was lucky to be a guest of a vendor. They had 6 passes to BP each day. The putting greens are super cool, and although I'm not a terrible putter, I couldn't get it anywhere close on some of the hole positions. If I had a two day pass to The Masters, I would probably spend 3/4 of one day in BP, and 1/4 of it the other. We watched the inaugural tee off on Thursday, then walked over and had breakfast. Went back for cocktails and early dinner around 4.

I was also a guest at Sage Valley. The vendor is a long standing member there. Had dinner there Wed/Thurs, and that is great as well. I would never pay $650 for a round of golf, nor $350, but it was an amazing course. Really several of the holes could be at Augusta National and fit right in. The grounds are immaculate. My caddy was amazing and really helped my game a lot.
JimboFlyFisher
AG
Don't know for sure, but I was told the passes to BP are around $10k each for the week.
rikkoman
AG
Just got back from my first adventure to Augusta; Wednesday through Sunday. Wow....totally amazing. This is so well run!! The only thing that bugged me was the SEC frat boys....especially those that are about 30 years old and haven't outgrown it. Not bad on the course, but get around them at night around town, and you really have to bite your tongue..... If this tournament is on your bucket list, then get it done!!
rikkoaggie
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.