Golf Membership in Houston? Need Advice

19,897 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by tommeehawk7
tommeehawk7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm telling you. Sharpstown is a great tract and you can spend the $$$ you save on golf vacations all over the country.Plus you can take your own beer there.

And country clubs have too many choches running around in leather penny loafers with no socks , wearing shorts and long sleeve shirts with the sleeves rolled up , you know , the "Don Johnson" choch look .Plastic
DRE06
AG
quote:
I'm telling you. Sharpstown is a great tract and you can spend the $$$ you save on golf vacations all over the country.Plus you can take your own beer there.

And country clubs have too many choches running around in leather penny loafers with no socks , wearing shorts and long sleeve shirts with the sleeves rolled up , you know , the "Don Johnson" choch look .Plastic

Wow. Someone either isn't a real golfer or hasn't spent enough time at a club.

Country club golf is paradise. Walk up tee times, sub-4 hr rounds, well-kept and consistent conditions, and no hackers. Plus regular money games with other members, tournaments, networking opportunities, no rift raft, and excellent amenities for the family (tennis, raquetteball, pools, dining, and summer camps for kids.

Some clubs also offer membership privileges with other clubs
HouAggie
AG
^
Country club snob
CornersBlitz
quote:
Baseless? Dude, it's 9 miles vs 27. How are facts considered "baseless"?

Look, to each their own. I've played Houstonian several times and I much more prefer the course at Braeburn. It's surrounded by some ghetto but it's a far, far cry from that within those walls and if you never even bothered to check it out, then that's your loss. Have fun driving 3 times as far as you could have.
I have a bunch of friends at Braeburn. They were bummed out when I didnt join, but BH is much nicer. I have played there (Braeburn) a bunch. Its nice.

Speaking of facts: google maps says hi. Theres only a 10 minute difference in drive. 22 miles vs 10 miles.
Westicles
AG
quote:
Speaking of facts: google maps says hi. Theres only a 10 minute difference in drive. 22 miles vs 10 miles.

You're right, Google Maps does say hi.

mt3950
AG
For fuchs sake, Royal Oaks!!!!
CornersBlitz
quote:
quote:

You're right, Google Maps does say hi.

First of all, you've selected, the second most efficient route vs your most efficient. Second of all, that's not what I get when I enter my address. Its exactly as I have indicated. Third of all, when you use the freeway or toll road, your time to destination decreases because nobody drives 55. It's not the same when distances are shorter. Either way, I'm through disputing this. Enjoy your club. And wear a bullet proof vest. Take care.
cab595
Wait, are you also including the cost of tolls on your membership!!?!??!!!
Westicles
AG
Yes, it is the second most efficient way, but it is the route that YOU claimed was how you go and claimed was basically right around the corner from Braeburn.

This is a quote, from you, when you called me out for a "baseless opinion"....
quote:
But instead of hitting up the ghetto near Braeburn for 5-7 minutes, you enter the West Park tollroad and its a clear shot. I've timed both. Thanks, for your baseless opinion.

I'm not trying to convince you to like BraeBurn better, I really don't care. I was just strictly calling you out for having the, what I call, "suburbanite syndrome", where you've honestly convinced yourself you don't live as far as you really do and you try and convince everyone the drive (commute) just isn't as bad as it really is.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Does this seem like valuable contribution, Westicles? I can't imagine anyone interested in knowing about the local memberships gives two sh/ts about how far it is from River Oaks to these two clubs.
tommeehawk7
My man , honestly . You are within minutes from Memorial , Sharpstown , Hermann Park and Wildcat.

Just kidding. Actual Houston has a great mix of Country Clubs and public venues.
Westicles
AG
quote:
Does this seem like valuable contribution, Westicles? I can't imagine anyone interested in knowing about the local memberships gives two sh/ts about how far it is from River Oaks to these two clubs.

Being a Legend (and therefore around Texags for a while), it's hard for me to believe you haven't gotten used to two people arguing and measuring their d$cks over something that means absolutely nothing and adds zero value to a thread. Happens every day and on every board.
Aggie1391
quote:
quote:

Being a Legend (and therefore around Texags for a while), it's hard for me to believe you haven't gotten used to two people arguing and measuring their d$cks over something that means absolutely nothing and adds zero value to a thread. Happens every day and on every board.

Ain't that tha truth
cab595
quote:
I was just strictly calling you out for having the, what I call, "suburbanite syndrome", where you've honestly convinced yourself you don't live as far as you really do and you try and convince everyone the drive (commute) just isn't as bad as it really is.

Doesn't this guy live in West U? So maybe this is just the "inconvenient country club syndrome"?
WHOOP!'91
AG
I don't frequent the golf board much, so I was unaware it happened on this board as well. Added to that, I was genuinely interested in the discussion on the relative merits of the various clubs until said dick measuring contest broke out.
tommeehawk7
At my age , I ain't winning that contest , except for cuteness maybe ?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.