Whats your best round ever?

6,516 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stymied
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
An even 100. I'll play semi-decent and then absolutely lose it on back to back holes
Mr.Bond
AG
74 at magnolia creek with 4 bogeys and a double on a par 3. I hadn't shot below 75 before this..... My what could have been
FirefightAg
AG
Even par quite a few times at Firewheel but never broke par out there. I make too many bogies. I make a lot of birdies too but obviously not enough. I need to become a better putter
07fta07
AG
+1 73 and +1 72. I'm a 4 hcp and have never shot even par. Been hitting the ball about as good as I ever have lately, so it's coming.
mt3950
AG
68 last year at Pine Forest (Green-Gold) is by far my best round on a quality course.

69 a handful of times on easier courses. 65 at muni in '06ish.
DRE06
AG
quote:
68 last year at Pine Forest (Green-Gold) is by far my best round on a quality course.

69 a handful of times on easier courses. 65 at muni in '06ish.

Are you a member out at PFCC? Just joined out there in June.
wad86
4 under 67. 36-31. Hit every green in reg on back, hit a par 5 in two (made birdie) and drove a par 4 but three putted for par. Missed 3 putts inside 15 feet on back nine
mt3950
AG
Not yet. Planned to join late last year but broke my pelvis in an atv accident so that delayed it a little. Planning to join in the fall or early 2017. Several of my buddies are members there so I play out there quite a bit.
DRE06
AG
Good deal. Went out there for the July 4th festivities (which were awesome) and ended up meeting 4-5 couples in their early 30s out at the pool.
mt3950
AG
It's a great place with a lot of good members. My buddies and I try to grab lunch out there on Friday afternoons a few times a month. I'll let you know next time we go.
Micah97
AG
Not my lowest, but shot a 76 at the padre isles golf course near corpus in 1993 In a high school golf tournament. It was a gusting four club wind all day. I won the day and I'd memory serves, second place was 6 or 7 strokes above me.

The weirdest thing was my natural shot was a slight draw. For some reason, I was fading the ball. After the second hole, I just played it instead of fighting it.

Unbelievable day on the course in really tough conditions.
antman8504
AG
79 at moody gardens a couple weeks ago. First time breaking 80. Went even par on the last 4 holes to do it.

Followed it up with a smooth 92 at wildcat lakes today...lol oh golf.
oldschool87
AG
Westridge in McKinney...

I shot 66 with a bogey not deserved on 18. Landed in an old sprinkler hole, wanting to preserve the round, I played it as it lay...

O, yea and I lost by a stroke..,
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
70 from the whites at memorial
71 from the tips at memorial

Best round tho was 73 at wildcat lakes during an amateur tourney, started 4 over through 5 , birdied 5 on the back nine, bogey on 18 to place 2nd to a 72.
K Bo
AG
Lowest score = 76 at Hermann Park some time ago

*Best* recent round = 81 at Pebble Beach in May. As an indication of how well (until no 15) I was playing, I finished triple, bogey, double, bogey.

Recently I have been either side of 80, typically from the tips at Memorial Park so I have a feeling that one of these days, if everything comes together, I'll be posting a personal best.
CTGilley
AG
83 That is with hitting OB twice. I shot even on the back.
khaos288
AG
shot 85 last week with two penalties. I was a hacker for a few years after college, but finally took lessons this year. I've been shooting in the 80s a lot lately, but always have a few penalties. If I can play a clean round, I can touch the 70s I think
STL_aTm
AG
shot 78 at river crossing in spring branch sick as a dog. was throwing up all over the place and had a splitting headache but it was all worth it.
CTGilley
AG
quote:
An even 100. I'll play semi-decent and then absolutely lose it on back to back holes
I was that way for a while. I cut back on the beer and dropped 10 strokes over night.
boy09
AG
Shot 78 at Victoria CC 2 weeks ago. Played out of my mind on the front and shot 36. I was holding on for dear life on the back and managed a 42 to break 80, which I don't do too often.
PJYoung
AG
quote:
Not my lowest, but shot a 76 at the padre isles golf course near corpus in 1993 In a high school golf tournament. It was a gusting four club wind all day. I won the day and I'd memory serves, second place was 6 or 7 strokes above me.

The weirdest thing was my natural shot was a slight draw. For some reason, I was fading the ball. After the second hole, I just played it instead of fighting it.

Unbelievable day on the course in really tough conditions.

2012:

quote:
Not my lowest score, but my best round was a 75 at Padre Island GC in Flour Bluff in a 3-4 club wind. It was brutal that day. It was a HS Golf tournament and I was low round by I think 5 or 6 strokes.

The story keeps getting better.
Poot
By 2020 it will be a 74... and so on and so forth...
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
75 at Willow Springs last year. 3 birdies and 2 doubles. One birdie was a long bomb from like 40 feet.
Tursiops93
AG
64 at Northcliffe (Schertz)
t - cam
AG
Best score 69 (-1) at sherrill Park course 2.
Best round was a 73 (+1) at Texas star in pretty tough conditions.
nickaggie13
AG
73 at campus course before it was renovated.
75 at district tournament in High School at Crown Valley Golf Club in Weatherford (Now Oestes Ranch I think)
Shot even or below par on 9 several times but yet to shoot even or below par on 18.
BigHitterDaLama
72 - Wigwam in Arizona
Quinn
AG
93 - Keeton Park
ChoppinDs40
AG
81 - fire wheel bridges. Shot a 39 on the front. I was on fire.
REMARCH11
AG
Low 18, 67.
Low 9, 30.
Hamburger Dan
I've had several 67's. But my favorite round was at Abilene Country Club. Several years ago, with storm clouds building and tornado sirens blaring, I birdied # 18 to shoot a 67. The storm moved to the north, I made it home, all was good.
AggieLitigator
71 LSU public golf course
Berlyman
AG
78 - Lions municipal. Birdied 8,9, and 11. Great run.
81 - Next best Hills country club and Morris williams.
thirty-two
AG
87 at Herman Park in Houston.

Lowest 9 hole score was 39 at Denton Country Club.

I need to play more.
Stymied
AG
I've shot 70 (-2) quite a few times but I broke that about a month ago with a 69 (-3) at Dallas Athletic Club. Odd thing about it was that I got there by going 40 on the front and 29 on the back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.