Whats your best round ever?

6,536 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stymied
Hanrahan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
78, numerous times, four different courses. Last time I shot a 78 I thought I had a real shot at 75 or lower on 16, but I finished bogey, double for the 78... that was a beat down... but so goes the game.
SLF11
AG
quote:
Golf forum is full of badass players

... When the opportunity to puff the chest out a bit is presented, most don't hold back.

(yours truly included)
HouAggie
AG
Should be another thread titled, "worst score this year". Would be much more humbling.

[This message has been edited by HouAggie (edited 8/17/2012 3:24p).]
Good Will Hunting
I shot a 78 last month at a crappy, rock hard course in Mart, TX.

Played a scramble there the next day, and stunk it up royally.
Tx_Aggie_1999
AG
Shot an 88 about 2 weeks ago @ Westridge in McKinney. It is the only time I've broken 90 in my life. If I could have controlled my start, it would have been better as I was at 48 at the turn. However, I was happy with the result as I closed out strong on the back 9 shooting a 40. Otherwise 92-94 is my average.
07fta07
AG
73 three times. Still looking for that even or better round.

[This message has been edited by 07fta07 (edited 8/17/2012 4:41p).]
cmac94
AG
74 with a double bogey on 18.
Bondag
AG
104 on about 15 different occasions. Can have 2-3 pars in a row then have a blow up hole every round.
wad86
68 (-3) at Mira Vista... Missed a 7 inch putt on number two that ticked me off so I really grinded out the rest of the round. Was also my lowest 9 holes. 31(-5) on the back with a 3 putt after I drove a par 4. Was also my first bogey free 9 that I can remember! Great day lol
RigsTx
AG
74 at Midland Country Club. We were playing the Golds though (up mens tees) which at Midland is still tough but not near as daunting. I've shot 75 at Tangleridge from the tips with an 8 on 18. Threw 2 tee balls in the water. Of course that is also when the guy I was playing with pressed. Ended up tying all bets.
Smokedraw01
90 at SFA.
Poot
64 at Abiline CC (Par 71).

2 65 (-7's) Augusta Pines and Cypresswood Cypress.

Tourney, 68 (-3) at River Ridge

Best this year, 71 (-1) Cypresswood Trads.

Worst round this year, 84 at Woodforest (back/west +13).
Smokedraw01
quote:
I shot a 78 last month at a crappy, rock hard course in Mart, TX.

Battle Lakes?
Micah97
AG
Not my lowest score, but my best round was a 75 at Padre Island GC in Flour Bluff in a 3-4 club wind. It was brutal that day. It was a HS Golf tournament and I was low round by I think 5 or 6 strokes.

Funny thing was I ate kikos the night before and it was not sitting well in my stomach. All I could think about was getting off the course without loading up my pants.
Good Will Hunting
Yep, Battle Lake. If they could water there, it would be nice. But with no water it is like hitting off concrete
Bennettag06
AG
73. Double bogeyed last hole.
12thMan2012
AG
Posted my 65 from Pecan Lakes, but I shot a 67 around TPC Sawgrass today and that is my new best round

67 at TPC >>> 65 at Pecan Lakes
Smokedraw01
If Battle Lakes spent money on water, they couldn't get the future stripper Birdie Girls. They would be forced to oly hire the future meth head Birdie Girls.
bigfoot10s
AG
You must have not been out there lately, a lot of them look like meth heads to me.
TexAgs1992
102 on the resort course at La Cantera about three weeks ago. Only have been playing for 10 weeks though
Sterling98
75 at Greatwood from the one up tees. About a month ago I shot 79 from the tips. Probably close to equal quality rounds.
rock1661
AG
79 at Waterchase a month ago. 41 - 38 with 3 doubles and 3 birdies. I hadn't played in months.

Followed up with at smooth 93 the following week at Bear Creek.
txaggrad1994
AG
69 twice at Trophy Club... Worked out there as an asst golf professional when I graduated from A&M. Not in the golf business anymore and my game is really inconsistent now. Usually play between even par and 80..

[This message has been edited by Txaggrad1994 (edited 8/19/2012 9:44p).]
CStewTAMU
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Golf forum is full of badass players
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... When the opportunity to puff the chest out a bit is presented, most don't hold back.

(yours truly included)

Yea, I am most definitely swelling with pride over my 3 under 69. My chest is puffed out. My chin is up. My arms are folded across my puffed out chest. My ***** is erect and veiny. That's what you call PRIDE.
1208HawkTree
AG
69 and 70 at Clear Creek on consecutive weekends, but I don't consider either one my "best" round. Played about a year ago at Wildcat Highlands and shot even-par (72) in a consistent 15-20 mph wind. Was 4-under through 5 holes, so it could have been REALLY good.
rlag09
AG
79 on Ditto in arlington. Pretty easy course but i dont care because i broke 80
AggieIce
AG
72 @ Golf Club at McKinney
72 @ Tribute
72 @ Iron Horse
dke51773
AG
81 this weekend at Southwyck. Previus low was multiple 84's.
AggieIce
AG
And the one at Golf Club could have been better, rattled off five 3's in a row
cab595
69 (-3) twice at Beaumont Country Club in the summer of 2001, which was before they did the renovations there. I practiced every day after work and played twice every weekend, that summer was the best I have ever been and got my handicap down to a 4. I am an 8 now with a kiddo.

During the first 69, I was -5 thru 13 and had no idea what to do with myself. I bogeyed 16 and 18 but was glad to break 70 for first time.

Best round this year I think was a 75 at Cypresswood Trad.

[This message has been edited by cab595 (edited 8/24/2012 3:18p).]
rlag09
AG
Had my best 9 holes in about 3 years yesterday. Shot a 42 at waterchase. I finally feel like i have my swing back. Driving well and sticking my wedges on the green. Its a great feeling after struggling the last year.
ryan12
AG
75 at The Golf Club Star Ranch Hutto, TX
Dilly Dilly
AG
66 (6 under) at Squaw Valley Links course in Glen Rose 3 weeks ago. 9 birdies and 3 bogies, including a 3 putt. I had 1 birdie putt that was a kick in, the rest were 10+. Just couldn't miss. That was the fist round I had played in 5 weeks, and I joked I would not play again and just go out on top. Then, first baby was born 10 weeks premature (last week), and it will be my last round for quite a while. Well worth the trade though.

To put it in perspective, a good round for me is mid 70's. I've shot under par 4 times prior to this in my 20+ years of golf.

[This message has been edited by LawAggie94 (edited 8/25/2012 11:27p).]
turfaggie24
AG
79 at Holiday Hills CC in Mineral Wells.

Sank a 25+ foot putt to break 80.
bigfoot10s
AG
Squaw Valley. I love that place

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.