Three earned runs allowed.

One helluva great Longhorn.

[This message has been edited by EElloy (edited 8/7/2005 11:48p).]
Davester
12:48a, 8/8/05

[This message has been edited by Davester (edited 8/7/2005 11:49p).]
DBAggie
12:49a, 8/8/05
Actually, those stats would make him one hell of a Houston Astro.
Mister T-Shirt
1:53a, 8/8/05
Is Roger still pitching for t.u.?

How about his kid?

oh wait.......
ktownag08
2:54a, 8/8/05
He's good regardless of where he went to school. I for once am happy he's in Houston, becuase I have had to opportunity to watch him several times this year. He's just a straight badass.
Gatsby
8:21a, 8/8/05
Get in there Roger Clemens!
BurntOrangeMenace
9:42a, 8/8/05
Has to suck for aggies who are Astros fans to rely on the greatness of Clemens. Particularly knowing that he is considered by many to be amongst the top-5 to ever take the bump. Now they also have to hear announcers go on about Huston Street locking games down for the hottest team in baseball.

Hookem
EElloy
9:46a, 8/8/05
You are underrating the greatness of Chuck Knoblauch, Burnt Orange Menace.
Gatsby
9:53a, 8/8/05
nm

[This message has been edited by Gatsby (edited 8/8/2005 9:28a).]
BurntOrangeMenace
10:13a, 8/8/05
I think he was being sarcastic.

Hookem
Aggie_Eric98
10:16a, 8/8/05
CAN YOU SAY STEROIDS??????
sodiumacetate
10:42a, 8/8/05
Aggie Eric: Your bitterness has you falling back to the number one weapon of aggies... making crap up.

[This message has been edited by sodiumacetate (edited 8/8/2005 9:43a).]
Ziggy Sobotka
10:47a, 8/8/05
It doesn't suck to be an Aggie/Astros fan for me. I don't think that way, once he took off the orange and put on the brick red I was in support of him. Im sure i speak for most Astros/Aggies fans when I say that. Now I tell you what does suck, when you have to turn on the TV and hear about Wicky everyday, taht my friend, is an embarassment to a University....
Aggie_Eric98
11:02a, 8/8/05
So you don't think he did steroids? I guarantee he has, but put on your blinders if you wish.
W.E. Henley
11:32a, 8/8/05
quote:
I guarantee he has

Aggie Eric = Marvin Zindler
Mr. Randy Watson
11:52a, 8/8/05
quote:
Now I tell you what does suck, when you have to turn on the TV and hear about Wicky everyday, taht my friend, is an embarassment to a University....

Is Longorn Ricky Williams' quiting for one season worse than Aggie Albert Connell's stealing from one of his teammates?
Stupe
11:56a, 8/8/05
I've never been one to bash Williams or blindly support every player that has played for A&M.

However, I would say that running out on an entire team that was counting on you to carry the offense and ultimately costing them a season and a coach his job is worse than taking stuff from a locker.

I would say that even if it weren't former players from these two schools.
Buck Naked
12:05p, 8/8/05
quote:
Aggie_Eric98
posted 10:02a, 08/08/05

So you don't think he did steroids? I guarantee he has, but put on your blinders if you wish.

What a dumbass.

GOATS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED, YOU MUST FURNISH YOUR OWN GOAT.
Mr. Randy Watson
1:00p, 8/8/05
quote:
However, I would say that running out on an entire team that was counting on you to carry the offense and ultimately costing them a season and a coach his job is worse than taking stuff from a locker.

So quitting for a season and then returning is worse than thieving from a teammate and getting kicked off the team?

Your argument is impact....of course Williams's absence hurt Miami more than Connell's did New Orleans. Ricky was an MVP candidate and Connell was a scrub. It's not Ricky's fault he did not suck (despite Seth McKinney's best efforts to make him suck by being one of the worst offensive linemen in the NFL).

Had Ricky been kicked of the team for stealing from a teammate it would have had more serious impact (he would not be back) and would be more embarassing than quiting for a season.

mock1
1:22p, 8/8/05
I hate the stros but what that guy is doing is amazing.
CoppellAg93
2:01p, 8/8/05
quote:
Has to suck for aggies who are Astros fans to rely on the greatness of Clemens.

How about .....

Has to suck for longhorns who rely on the greatness of Clemens when he hasn't pitched for them in over 20 years.
sodiumacetate
2:16p, 8/8/05
Why would that suck? He's one of the greatest pitchers of all time and he's a Longhorn.
George Strait
2:20p, 8/8/05
Coppell-

Don't forget about Street he has only been away from Texas for just over a year.
sodiumacetate
2:27p, 8/8/05
quote:

Ignorance rears its ugly head again. I'm glad you feel qualified to sit behind your veil of anonymity and defame a great player and a great man. I'm really sorry you don't like the guy, but you couldn't possibly be more wrong. First, Clemens has been known as the hardest working player in all of Baseball. When he first got to the astros, Roy and Miller couldn't get over his work ethic and how much preparation he did in the offseason. His name has never even been mentioned with regards to steroids, and this is a time when almost every player is being suspected. So sit back and continue to heap condemnation upon him if it makes you feel better... only the truth matters anyway.
Aggie_Eric98
2:44p, 8/8/05
wait, you are right, Clemens is the only guy in baseball who did it with hard work alone. Yeah, that's it.
W.E. Henley
2:46p, 8/8/05
Lots of guys did it with hard work and talent.

Or are you now accusing Nolan Ryan of steroid use?

Tool.
BD88
2:47p, 8/8/05
Eric

Let it go. You can't prove anything and you are definitely not going to do it here.
sodiumacetate
2:56p, 8/8/05
Who said he was the only one? He's regarded as the hardest working player in major league baseball, but a lot of other players have maintained their ability through hard work. It must really eat at you to see him doing well... you must be a ranger fan in addition to being an aggie. Talk about a combination of mediocrity!
sealyag
3:06p, 8/8/05
How would being an Aggie fan and an Astros fan be bad? You guys are really holding on tight. He's not pitching for UT anymore, he's pitching for Houston. He's not wearing an orage hat, he's wearing a red one. You actually think that this Longhorn/Aggie thing goes this far outside college sports? Maybe it does occationally, but for the most part, I'm sure, that socially, aggies and longhorns have no promblems with each other. If you really think this, maybe you should check you priorities.
sodiumacetate
3:07p, 8/8/05
Well said, Sealy.
BurntOrangeMenace
3:18p, 8/8/05
"Has to suck for longhorns who rely on the greatness of Clemens when he hasn't pitched for them in over 20 years."

Really? I didn't relize we relied on Clemens to win us the two of the last 4 national championships.

Hookem
DBAggie
Every horn on this thread: "Wow look how much it bothers you aggies that Longhorn Clemens is good."

Every aggie: "Actually it doesn't bother me at all. I am glad Clemens plays for the Astros - he's a great pitcher."

Horns: "No, no stupid aggie - it bothers you. Bad. I said so."

Ag: "Ok, whatever you say."

<horns laugh and post on hornfans about how many stupid aggies they owned over on Texags - internet circle-jerk ensues with pictures of Vince Young and Roger Clemens in the middle>
sealyag
BurntOrangeMenace
3:21p, 8/8/05
I notice you left out the stupid aggie that throws out the "he's on steroids" comment.
Kinda ironic that DB is the one with the first "those stats would make him a helluva astro," comment. Oh, but I guess it doesn't bother you.

Hookem

[This message has been edited by BurntOrangeMenace (edited 8/8/2005 2:23p).]
sealyag
3:26p, 8/8/05
Sense not made, try again.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 7
Verify your student status Register