Poor Malik

11,182 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by goodAg80
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So much pressure being put on Malik by the media and everyone else. That's why he sucks this year.

Yep, it wasn't Strong who paraded Malik to the media as a true freshman as evidence that he had beat the evil aggigiygyes on a top recruit.

And it sure wasn't Malik himself who took to twitter to taunt Ags and Aggie players, telling them they could go to Austin to be developed as a player AND a man.

Yep, this is all everyone else's fault. Just too much pressure for any one poor sophomore to handle. I mean, we all remember Garrett's sophomore slump, right?

http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/115883/texas-lb-malik-jefferson-trying-to-bust-out-of-sophmore-slump
The Collective
AG
Malik is guilty of believing his own hype.
CDUB98
AG
I cried....well, not really.....in fact, a laughed my ass off.

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

To bust out of his slump in a huge game Saturday against No. 8 Baylor, Jefferson doesn't need to be Superman or The Predator or the face of anything. He just needs to get back to doing his job and making plays.
Hhhmm, wouldn't that be easier if he wasn't sitting on the bench, Charlie?
hunter2012
AG

AgEng06
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

To bust out of his slump in a huge game Saturday against No. 8 Baylor, Jefferson doesn't need to be Superman or The Predator or the face of anything. He just needs to get back to doing his job and making plays.
Or if he was actually playing his true position.
goodAg80
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I would pay big bucks to see Hawg depose Charlie.
Charlie 31
AG
CJS4715 said:

FIFY: Malik is guilty of believing his own hype letting his mom pick his college.
aggiehawg
AG
goodAg80 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I kind of want Strong to try and sue tu for firing him for discriminatory motives. The deposition of Strong where tu's attorneys are listing chapter and verse of each of his mistakes and failings as a HC would be epic. Not quite summary judgment level, but damn close.
The Collective
AG
I keep thinking Malik would be great in our scheme getting to rush the passer behind our strong defensive line... but then, I think of his whiffing and shying away from contact, and I feel happy he isn't here.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Malik has problems. He has had concussions and shoulder injuries and doesn't play with aggression anymore. His technique is awful. When he takes on a lead blocker he lowers his head and does not maintain outside leverage with the other hand and leg. He just dips his head and shoulder into the blocker with no desire to shed the block and make a tackle.
rocky the dog
AG
They can have him. We got Dodson. World of difference.
Madman
AG
Rumor on the Shag is he will not start this weekend.
aggiehawg
AG
Madman said:

Rumor on the Shag is he will not start this weekend.
Hence my comment. He can't improve if he's riding the pine.

(Of course, he can't improve without some quality coaching and that's in "short" supply on the 40 acres acres these days. (Pun intended.)
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Austin sports radio is reporting he likely won't start on Saturday.
marble rye
AG
What a sob story

That none of us have any feels for.
The Collective
AG
Woobie said:

How does this bull**** get to the media with such ease?
BBRex
AG
CJS4715 said:

Malik is guilty of believing his own hype.

And he's been sentenced to do 2 1/2 more years in Austin.
Froppe
AG
Sumlin has lost control of Malik.

And Malik's momma ( he'd already done that).
aggiehawg
AG
CJS4715 said:

Woobie said:

How does this bull**** get to the media with such ease?
Chimp said it first, I think. Then the shag, then radio. But the seed was sowed when Jefferson was pulled last Saturday. Then, Cole and Freeman get more reps in practice and VOILA! Malik is sitting out as a starter.

Remember, Strong is running the defense now. Who truly knows what he'll do? He likely doesn't know himself.
Muy
AG
is his mama happy that he's not starting at the midway point of his sophomore year?
leftcoastaggie
AG

Quote:

To bust out of his slump in a huge game Saturday against No. 8 Baylor, Jefferson doesn't need to be Superman or The Predator or the face of anything. He just needs to get back to start doing his job and making plays.

FIFY
JustisWalkert
AG
Woobie said:

Charlie the talent developer
MyComputerCareer
This needs to be Exhibit A for any recruiting battle with whorn. I hope our staff are aware. Too much, too soon = play out of position, get injuried, get blamed, get benched.
dcowboy808
AG
If only somebody could have seen this coming!
aggiehawg
AG
TommyDreamer said:

This needs to be Exhibit A for any recruiting battle with whorn. I hope our staff are aware. Too much, too soon = play out of position, get injuried, get blamed, get benched.
From All-American to Outhouse,the Malik Jefferson story.
Muy
AG
didn't the other dude who announced the same day (i believe the day after Sumlin visited) also leave the program? remember how big time that day was for sip?
Bama Backer 1974
S
goodAg80 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I'd pay $29.95 for pay per view

Rol Tide
GAC06
AG
The bench is yours
StephenvilleAg77
Quote:

To bust out of his slump in a huge game Saturday against No. 8 Baylor, Jefferson doesn't need to be Superman or The Predator or the face of anything. He just needs to get back to start doing his job and making plays.

This. Malik was lousy at executing his lb assignments last year too. He was a big reason they had the #108 defense in D1 in 2015.
qunique_2004
AG
Karma is a B. Enjoy your suckage on that suckage team.
Potcake
AG
Quote:

But the seed was sowed when Jefferson was pulled last Saturday. Then, Cole and Freeman get more reps in practice and VOILA! Malik is sitting out as a starter.

But he wasn't benched. The other guys just played better.
DallasAg 94
Muy said:

didn't the other dude who announced the same day (i believe the day after Sumlin visited) also leave the program? remember how big time that day was for sip?
DeAndre McNeal

He was suspended from the Sip early Aug. Since then:
Quote:

the sophomore enrolled at Fullerton CC in California after a brief stop at Copiah-Lincoln CC in Mississippi, McNeal told Ryan Bartow of 247Sports.

He blew a year of eligibility, so he only has 2 years left.
DallasAg 94
So Malik is buckling under the pressure of meeting TexAgs expectations for him in the BXII.

Could you imagine him wilting at A&M when facing SEC teams?!

He played against soft teams in 2015. He was mediocre in 2015 and achieved "Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year." Let that sink in. THE defensive player of the year.

He spent the off-season probably thinking how great he is.

I don't know that he'd be the best LB on any SEC team, let alone the best player on their D.

Truth be told...he'd probably never have made starter in the SEC.

Time for him to start preparing for 2017. Off-season won't come quick enough for him.
DifferenceMaker Ag
qunique_2004 said:

Karma is a B. Enjoy your suckage on that suckage team.
Fify
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.