Poor Malik

11,171 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by goodAg80
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

He played against soft teams in 2015. He was mediocre in 2015 and achieved "Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year." Let that sink in. THE defensive player of the year.
Holy ****, is that for real? How ****ty of a conference do you have to be for a player on the 106th rated defense to get DPOY?
brainman5000
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Quote:

He played against soft teams in 2015. He was mediocre in 2015 and achieved "Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year." Let that sink in. THE defensive player of the year.
Holy ****, is that for real? How ****ty of a conference do you have to be for a player on the 106th rated defense to get DPOY?

On the other hand, Malik IS the epitome of defense in the BDF...
Ft Worth Ag
AG
aggiehawg said:

CJS4715 said:

Woobie said:

Austin sports radio is reporting he likely won't start on Saturday.

How does this bull**** get to the media with such ease?
Chimp said it first, I think. Then the shag, then radio. But the seed was sowed when Jefferson was pulled last Saturday. Then, Cole and Freeman get more reps in practice and VOILA! Malik is sitting out as a starter.

Remember, Strong is running the defense now. Who truly knows what he'll do? He likely doesn't know himself.
Tim Cole, with all of the hype and the media love he had bestowed upon him coming out of high school, one would think he would have done more with his career than be the next warm-body coming off the bench. Cole was the Jefferson at UT-Austin before Jefferson.
Schrute
You would think that someone that has the ability to walk on water would perform a little better on the football field.
goodAg80
AG
Schrute said:

You would think that someone that has the ability to walk on water would perform a little better on the football field.
They need to flood the field
Decay
AG
This the kid that gleefully posted a gif of him blowing up Kyle Field. Hey you skinny *****, what's wrong? Not having fun anymore?
aggiehawg
AG
WHOA! From the shag:

Quote:

According to Bobby Burton, Malik was on the scout team this week in practice, not second team, not third team...the SCOUT team
FJB
AG
Malik needs to hang it up. Heart just isnt there.
91_Aggie
AG
that F-250 his mom got is now 2 years old and has lost about 40% of its value. She better be taking care of it.
The Collective
AG
Damn, throwing away true sophomores for younger talent. Charlie is quite the sugar daddy.
goodAg80
AG
aggiehawg said:

WHOA! From the shag:

Quote:

According to Bobby Burton, Malik was on the scout team this week in practice, not second team, not third team...the SCOUT team

They must have caught him texting Chief about playing for A&M.
91_Aggie
AG
CJS4715 said:

Damn, throwing away true sophomores for younger talent. Charlie is quite the sugar daddy.
All part of the strategy... if you actually kept players around for junior and senior years, then you couldn't declare that you have a "young team" for 8 years in a row.
The Collective
AG
I honestly don't watch enough sip games to know what they run on defense. Is Malik playing a true MLB role or not? What base defense do the sips run?

Assuming he is playing a true MLB role, if you are going to try someone else in the middle, why not just move Malik to another position and see how he does?
Schrute
CJS4715 said:

I honestly don't watch enough sip games to know what they run on defense. Is Malik playing a true MLB role or not? What base defense do the sips run?

Assuming he is playing a true MLB role, if you are going to try someone else in the middle, why not just move Malik to another position and see how he does?

They've been playing him at MLB. As for their pass defense, it doesn't appear they run one.
The Collective
AG
I searched some articles - I see sips run a 3-3-5. Who plays the Fox position in their defense?
The Collective
AG
From the Shag:
Quote:

SIAP, It isn't just Malik. All of the players who should be helping us win are sitting.

... this week Chip Brown reported Malik Jefferson would be benched. That's not surprising to anyone who has watched recently, but it is true. Also not surprising is Anthony Wheeler will be benched. They'll be replaced by Tim Cole, and Edwin Freeman.

The surprise benching is Patrick Vahe. If you're not surprised by that then I don't know what to tell you. I figured this would change over the course of the week but it hasn't. Maybe this post will inspire them to change it. Jake McMillon will get the start. I still have trouble believing this but it's true.

We've heard coaches say John Burt has been hurt, but that's not true. I do appreciate them covering for Burt, who is a hard worker and class citizen, but those are just excuses. The only thing hurt is his confidence. Burt has the support of his team. Hopefully the coaches throw to him on some non-crucial downs (1st and ten in the 2nd quarter, maybe?) just to help with his confidence level.

Zach Shackelford will be back starting at center, as you could tell from the McMillon information. Since his run in with the law, Kent Perkins has taken a noticeable step back in the eyes of the coaches.

Kris Boyd and John Bonney will get the start again at CB. Holton Hill is still/again in the doghouse. Do we think he'd transfer is Strong returned? Probably.
Joe Exotic
AG
CJS4715 said:

I searched some articles - I see sips run a 3-3-5. Who plays the Fox position in their defense?

Some chick named Breckyn
kentky
According to OB, Malik is mad and has been practicing mad and with more intensity this week than ever. They think the benching embarrassed him and he will play great the rest of the season.
StephenvilleAg77
kentky said:

According to OB, Malik is mad and has been practicing mad and with more intensity this week than ever. They think the benching embarrassed him and he will play great the rest of the season.
grrrrrrr!
aggiehawg
AG
Well, Charlie has half a roster pissed off now. Sitting Wheeler and Vahe, too.

Personally, I'm beginning to wonder if Strong is trying to burn the place down on his way out of the door.
David_Puddy
AG
Ft Worth Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

CJS4715 said:

Woobie said:

Austin sports radio is reporting he likely won't start on Saturday.

How does this bull**** get to the media with such ease?
Chimp said it first, I think. Then the shag, then radio. But the seed was sowed when Jefferson was pulled last Saturday. Then, Cole and Freeman get more reps in practice and VOILA! Malik is sitting out as a starter.

Remember, Strong is running the defense now. Who truly knows what he'll do? He likely doesn't know himself.
Tim Cole, with all of the hype and the media love he had bestowed upon him coming out of high school, one would think he would have done more with his career than be the next warm-body coming off the bench. Cole was the Jefferson at UT-Austin before Jefferson.

Tim Cole was more like the Deandre McNeal as he played on the same team as Malcolm Brown (who could be compared to Malik of Nazareth).
Jock 07
AG
Time to take the names off the back and the shorthorns off the helmets.
GAC06
AG
kentky said:

Was he mad enough to rip down some posters though?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Break out of his sophomore slump? He hasn't broken out of his freshman slump yet. He better get going. He'll be out of eligibility in two years.

Clock is ticking.
aggiehawg
AG
Oh my!

From the shag:

Quote:

Omenihu also benched, but you guys go ahead and keep insisting that Malik is the problem.
Quote:

Malik prob said to Strong that "I knew I should have gone to a-g-g-y".
Quote:

Where does this a-g-g-y bs keep coming from? Just because they recruited him? I'm pretty sure he doesn't like sumlin or at least that was the impression he gave

Quote:

If they weren't in defensive coordinator limbo I'm pretty sure he stays with a-g-g-y
Quote:

Meh, I dunno, almost don't care, but... if that's even halfway not just some bull$#@! rumor, I don't see where Malik doesn't transfer unless Chuckie is gone this year.
Ragoo
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Quote:

ad voted on by the media......
MyComputerCareer
Malik kinda reminds me of a poor man's Justin Warren. Not properly utilized or coached, but blamed by fans for not becoming the player everyone expected. More Fran era parallels.
goodAg80
AG
Maybe Perrin should bench Charlie
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.