Now on Austin radio...

21,289 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexAg XVI
88jrt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wbt5845 said:

Dead-Coach-In-Waiting?
Fightin Ag491
Schrute said:

Champ Bailey said:

B&E just announced that Texas vs. Texas Tech is the official in-state rivalry now.
Was this before or after they were talking about Foreman for Heisman? Seriously, I heard this on my way in this morning....
Well, Foreman does lead the nation in rushing yards, yards before contact, yards after contact, and has a legitimate chance to rush for over 2,000 yards by season's end having only played in 11 games.

But Big 12 defenses, so he suuuuuuuuuuucks. Am I doing that right?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
harryhorns said:

Schrute said:

Champ Bailey said:

B&E just announced that Texas vs. Texas Tech is the official in-state rivalry now.
Was this before or after they were talking about Foreman for Heisman? Seriously, I heard this on my way in this morning....
Well, Foreman does lead the nation in rushing yards, yards before contact, yards after contact, and has a legitimate chance to rush for over 2,000 yards by season's end having only played in 11 games.

No, he is good. Unfortunately he is not even the best running back in the nation though, so talking about him winning the heisman is ridiculous.
Fightin Ag491
Champ Bailey said:

harryhorns said:

Schrute said:

Champ Bailey said:

No, he is good. Unfortunately he is not even the best running back in the nation though, so talking about him winning the heisman is ridiculous.
Well, I agree about the Heisman part. It's a QB's award usually, and even if it wasn't, Lamar Jackson should finish with one of the top 5 voting performances ever.

Agree to disagree on the best running back in the nation part. But, I'm obviously biased, and there are some freak backs out there
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Sort of. Remember the ridiculous numbers Leach's QBs at tech used to put up? They were largely dismissed by Heisman voters because of the "system" label.

So yes, the lack of defense in the Big XII hurts Foreman because his stats are suspect.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
harryhorns said:

Champ Bailey said:

harryhorns said:

Schrute said:

Champ Bailey said:

Well, I agree about the Heisman part. It's a QB's award usually, and even if it wasn't, Lamar Jackson should finish with one of the top 5 voting performances ever.

Agree to disagree on the best running back in the nation part. But, I'm obviously biased, and there are some freak backs out there
I don't think he is as good as the San Diego State guy, do you? Not to discredit Foreman, but what Pumphrey has been doing has been legendary.
Fightin Ag491
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Sort of. Remember the ridiculous numbers Leach's QBs at tech used to put up? They were largely dismissed by Heisman voters because of the "system" label.

So yes, the lack of defense in the Big XII hurts Foreman because his stats are suspect.
I feel like comparing QB stats and RB stats because the schools run a system is apples and oranges, but ok

Leach at Wazzou is still carving up teams in the Pac 12. I think his success at Tech was more due to his offensive acumen rather than the opposing defenses not being up to scale
Fightin Ag491
Champ Bailey said:

harryhorns said:

Champ Bailey said:

harryhorns said:

Schrute said:

Champ Bailey said:

I don't think he is as good as the San Diego State guy, do you? Not to discredit Foreman, but what Pumphrey has been doing has been legendary.
Totally agree that Pumphrey has been legendary. Like I said, I'm clearly biased. But this year should shake out to be a terrific draft for running backs
aggiehawg
AG
harryhorns said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I feel like comparing QB stats and RB stats because the schools run a system is apples and oranges, but ok

Leach at Wazzou is still carving up teams in the Pac 12. I think his success at Tech was more due to his offensive acumen rather than the opposing defenses not being up to scale
Then you misunderstood me. I was talking about the perception, not the subsequent facts. The "perception" was that Leach's tech QBs put up up astonishing numbers, not because defense was optional in the Big XII at that time, it was because Leach had a plug-n-play system where QBs waited in line for a couple of seasons and were thoroughly steeped in his offense. One QB would leave and the next would start without much offensive production drop-off.

Being an individual award, the Heisman voters considered their stats more a function of that, than that they were just superhuman all-stars.

The same type of perception could be applied here with Foreman. He's good, but hasn't been tested against a very good defense.
StephenvilleAg77
Quote:

Unfortunately he is not even the best running back in the nation though, so talking about him winning the heisman is ridiculous.
Lil brother will never understand this. Foreman is a solid rb, but lol and smh at the sips.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Great players are consistently productive during their college careers.

Fournette has always been productive for example... has Foreman?

Hint: No
UTExan
This is like a soap opera where a character is revived from a coma, or awakens from amnesia. What a train wreck.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
The Collective
AG
Foreman would be more deserving of the Heisman than Malik was of freshman All American honors... I'll give you that.
Schrute
harryhorns said:

Schrute said:

Champ Bailey said:

Dude has racked up yards against defenses like Tech and Baylor. And even then he has 13 rushing TDs. That would probably be the lowest amount ever for a Heisman QB/RB. JFF had 21 rushing TDs to go along with 37 passing TDs.

Foreman is a very good RB. He's a tough runner and very hard to tackle. But this Heisman talk is silly.
HTownAg98
****, was defense has tested him? I'll hang up and listen...
88jrt06
AG
UTExan said:

This is like a soap opera where a character is revived from a coma, or awakens from amnesia. What a train wreck.

Your college years?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
There was nothing better today than listening to B&E slobbing that first Zabie's (spelling?) knob for 10 minutes, going live to his announcement, him saying he was going to UCLA, and then them immediately spinning about how he wasn't that great anyways.
TexAg XVI
AG
http://imgur.com/zLGiFtR
goodAg80
AG
TexAg XVI said:

for the rook
TexAg XVI
AG
Quote:

For the rook

Sorry, was posting from mobile!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.