Ketch's new list

8,643 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Predmid
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No way they could hire an Aggie. Their pride, as a group, wouldn't allow them to let an Aggie fix this mess.
Hood
AG
"Make them say 'no'."

Oh they will. Probably all of them. If they even answer the phone.
quidam65
My comments:

Harbaugh--They missed out on Jim and now think John is coming? It would be scary if he took the job, though.
Kelly--Hasn't figured out gimmick offenses don't work against NFL teams (or NFL Development League teams--translated: SEC or Florida State which is essentially an SEC team in the ACC)
Petersen--He's from Northern California and is a fixture in the NW US. Not leaving.
Dabo--Like Notorious said, he's waiting for Saban to retire (or die on the job) and have Momma call him home.
Herman--Stock has dropped poorly. LSU is still in the mix as well which would allow him to recruit Houston like he does now.
Patterson--If he goes anywhere maybe he goes to K-State. But FW old money pays him well to stay there.
Morris--One upset win does not make a Power 5 head coach.
Madman
AG
IDAGG
AG
I would be shocked if Peterson was even interested. He is a West Coast guy. Also, it came out from a couple of his longtime close associates after he was hired by UW that UW was the job he had been waiting on. Also, I don't think he is one of those guys that would be swayed by someone backing up a truck full of money like UT could. He stayed at BSU for years with just about every job opening being run by him. I am sure at some level, money is important to him. But face it, with the season he is having, he is in line for a big raise at UW anyway at the end of the year. I don't see him going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

What is also funny is that for all of the longhorn fans' bragging about their moral superiority, these same fans keep bringing up Chip Kelly (didn't he have a show cause clause from the NCAA after he left Oregon) and Petrino as potential head coaches for UT. Two sleaze balls. Hell they might as well hire Briles.
aTm2004
AG
STL_aTm said:

has this been posted yet? THIS is the coaching search you will tell your grandchildren about.. .not last one.

Ketch's list

1. John Harbaugh (Baltimore Ravens): BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

2. Chip Kelly (San Francisco): See #1

3. Chris Peterson (Washington): Yeah, the guy that turned down great schools to stay at Boise ****ing State will leave the only job that he had interest in and is now winning with to move down to Austin and start over in a chitty conference

4. Dabo Swinnney (Clemson): Leave a dominant program in a very stable and competitive conference to coach the sips? See #1.

5. Tom Herman (Houston): 2-Loss Hoss! Sounds like a winner! He'll take LSU or USC over the 40 acres.

6. Gary Patterson (TCU): Sips are his *****. Why would he want to change that? The statue that TCU will put up of him will have his right foot in the ass of a Longhorn.

7. Chad Morris (SMU): Your best coach ever was an Okie. Thinking you can catch lightning in a bottle again with an Ag? He's not going to go to that wasteland. Fatass probably thought Chad Morris was a brand of wing sauce before Saturday night.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
blindey said:

STL_aTm said:

Ketch's list

1. John Harbaugh -- EL OH EFFING EL.

2. Chip Kelly -- Only available if he fails so hard he is fired in his first season at SF. At that point he is a big risk considering abject failure in his last two stops and the ridiculous $$$ tu would have to pay to get him.

3. & 4. Chris Peterson & Dabo Swinnney Both of these coaches have great stability where they are at. At best, the sips are a means to a pay raise.

5. Tom Herman -- I think he's still a good coach, but I tu would have to give him a lot of guaranteed money, like $70 million, to get him to come to the circus in Austin. With his two bad losses that's a huge risk.

6. Gary Patterson -- fairly "meh" name at this point.

7. Chad Morris -- may actually be realistic. It would be delicious to have an "****" as the only guy they could money-whip to come to the best coaching job in the country.

My thoughts
GAC06
AG
Athletic Directors around the country are preparing for their coaches agents using Perrin's phone call as a means to a raise. It will be another coaching search for the ages. Better get some more grand kids.
Wildcat
AG
One has to wonder why they do this to themselves. I mean, I'm all for ambitious goals, but come on.
SassyAggie10
Harbaugh--

Kelly--

Petersen--

Dabo--

Herman--

Patterson--

Morris--

corybantic
goodAg80 said:

He left off Bret Bielema.

I doubt the Austin food service industry can simultaneously support both Bielima and Ketchapotomus.
Muy
AG
Ketch going adrift with the wind again after another disappointing weekend. In just 2 weeks, he's convinced himself that Tom Herman may not be the right choice because they aren't in a Power 5 conference, not because they've lost 2 in a row.
hbtheduce
AG
Texas will hire Lane Kiffen:

Snake Oil Salesmen
EastSideAg2002
They added flavors?

LHIOB
AG
Serious question - Does Ketch have any sources in Belmont?
aggiehawg
AG
LHIOB said:

Serious question - Does Ketch have any sources in Belmont?
I read that as:

"Does Ketch have any sauces in Belmont."
EscondidoAg82
AG
hbtheduce said:

Texas will hire Lane Kiffen:

Snake Oil Salesmen
Kiffen is a proper ***** so he's a natural sip........and I hope sip takes bama's DC too.
gtaggie_08
AG
If you are looking for the sips answer to washed up NFL coach, Lovie Smith would fit that role.
aggiehawg
AG
Stolen from landthieves:

Quote:

Benjamin Allbright

@AllbrightNFL
Big rumor today is that Tom Herman to #Longhorns is "all but offical." Reliable sources saying what has been suspected for awhile now.
oldarmyjess66
AG
Ketch forgot Les and Art!!!!!!!
OldArmyJess66
Wabs
AG
I don't care who they hire. What I do care about are the good times we will have pointing and laughing at them the whole way.
Wildmen03
AG
I haven't seen dark horse contender Brack Mown mentioned anywhere.
Madman
AG
Posted the wrong one earlier.

dmart90
AG
I keep hoping Herman loses enough that the shine comes off and tu passes on him - he's simply not Texas good. USC, on the other hand, interviews and hires them. USC starts winning again pretty much immediately in the PAC 12. The "we could have hired Herman if we really wanted him, but he wasn't Texas good" rhetoric would be sensational.
W
AG
as someone posted on page 1...Larry Fedora would be a serious candidate. He is probably on LSU's short list too
AgEng06
AG
Madman said:

Posted the wrong one earlier.

All you really have to do is take the apostrophe out.
Madman
AG
good call.
HeyMoe
AG
dreyOO said:

That ketch is a sly manatee. He's holding back the real number 1 choice.

Notice this list stops at 7--one spot before the coveted position to be in.
Henceforth Ketch shall be known in these parts as The Sly Manatee.

Well done, sir.
MosesRAB-93
AG
Wildmen03 said:

You mean Mark Brown?
HeyMoe
AG
MosesRAB-93 said:

Wildmen03 said:

You mean Mark Brown?
Actually I think Brack Mown is what Michelle does when her hubby slips her that three-inch peen.
10Aggie10
AG
sips are gonna hire Briles
Kemo Sabe
Wait just a minute here. There won't be any nationwide search to tell the grandkids about. According to loose lips reporting the hermantater has agreed to take over for charley sometime between now and the end of the year.
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

100 Pieces
Mother Plucker

How many mother pluckers can Ketch eat in a day?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

make the call and make him say no.
Does this count as a "no"?

nu awlins ag
AG
STL_aTm said:

has this been posted yet? THIS is the coaching search you will tell your grandchildren about.. .not last one.

Ketch's list

1. John Harbaugh (Baltimore Ravens): His contract expires after the end of this season and the Ravens do not look like a playoff team at this point. With a Super Bowl ring on his finger, he could be looking for a new challenge in his career and if the Longhorns wanted to break the bank, Texas could make him an offer Baltimore might not want to match. He's making seven million a year in Baltimore. For those wondering if he would do well in college, I've told this story before, but I was around him for an hour in Baltimore a couple years ago when he spoke to 100 of the best high school players in the country and by the time he was done, he had those kids eating out of the palm of his hands. You'd never have to worry about a team being well-coached and not being great at the details ever again. Be bold and dare to be great.

2. Chip Kelly (San Francisco): The constant speculation about his return to college football won't go away and if there's an interest in a return, Texas should at least explore it. Yes, he's got a little bit of dirt on him after his stint at Oregon, but he's in a tier just below Urban Meyer and Nick Saban. That's it.

3. Chris Peterson (Washington): It's possible he'd be impossible to pry away from the Huskies, especially in the middle of what might be a special season, but if you're Texas, I think you have to make the call and potentially make him say no. The man is regarded as all class and he's a proven winner.

4. Dabo Swinnney (Clemson): I used to be a Dabo Doubter, but he's moved himself up into the near-elite category of coaches with his recruiting and on-field performance over the last few years.

5. Tom Herman (Houston): All of the pieces seem to be there, but if you're Texas, are you really going to hire another non-power five coach with a very short record of success as a head coach? He recruits lights out, he's a great offensive mind/developer of quarterbacks and he checks a lot of boxes, but he does not come with a guarantee on the box.

6. Gary Patterson (TCU): He's the coach that Charlie Strong is supposed to be.

7. Chad Morris (SMU): A future power fivecoach at some point down the road. Hecoached circles around Herman this weekend
Dabo? The Bama alum, right? In the words of BI-13....BHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Chip Kelly? No defense Chip Kelly? Again...BHWAAAAAAAAAAAA...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Tu is the new ND.....has beens.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.