Ketch's new list

8,575 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Predmid
STL_aTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
has this been posted yet? THIS is the coaching search you will tell your grandchildren about.. .not last one.

Ketch's list

1. John Harbaugh (Baltimore Ravens): His contract expires after the end of this season and the Ravens do not look like a playoff team at this point. With a Super Bowl ring on his finger, he could be looking for a new challenge in his career and if the Longhorns wanted to break the bank, Texas could make him an offer Baltimore might not want to match. He's making seven million a year in Baltimore. For those wondering if he would do well in college, I've told this story before, but I was around him for an hour in Baltimore a couple years ago when he spoke to 100 of the best high school players in the country and by the time he was done, he had those kids eating out of the palm of his hands. You'd never have to worry about a team being well-coached and not being great at the details ever again. Be bold and dare to be great.

2. Chip Kelly (San Francisco): The constant speculation about his return to college football won't go away and if there's an interest in a return, Texas should at least explore it. Yes, he's got a little bit of dirt on him after his stint at Oregon, but he's in a tier just below Urban Meyer and Nick Saban. That's it.

3. Chris Peterson (Washington): It's possible he'd be impossible to pry away from the Huskies, especially in the middle of what might be a special season, but if you're Texas, I think you have to make the call and potentially make him say no. The man is regarded as all class and he's a proven winner.

4. Dabo Swinnney (Clemson): I used to be a Dabo Doubter, but he's moved himself up into the near-elite category of coaches with his recruiting and on-field performance over the last few years.

5. Tom Herman (Houston): All of the pieces seem to be there, but if you're Texas, are you really going to hire another non-power five coach with a very short record of success as a head coach? He recruits lights out, he's a great offensive mind/developer of quarterbacks and he checks a lot of boxes, but he does not come with a guarantee on the box.

6. Gary Patterson (TCU): He's the coach that Charlie Strong is supposed to be.

7. Chad Morris (SMU): A future power fivecoach at some point down the road. Hecoached circles around Herman this weekend
goodAg80
AG
He left off Bret Bielema.

LHIOB
Decay
AG
The way I see it, it's less than 25% chance that the next head coach is even on that list.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The most insane name on that list, which is insane in itself, has to be Gary Patterson. He is going to have that stadium in Fort Worth named after him eventually.
Silent For Too Long
The only people on that list that wouldn't out right tell the sips to go **** themselves are Herman and maybe Morris.

So that's it, sips. Good luck.
aggiehawg
AG
goodAg80 said:

They can't afford his buy-out.
Eric Forman
AG
Well, if they are set on following our footsteps and they have their Fran as we speak... that means they should be looking for an ex-NFL coach who will coach teams to a good first half lead and then blow it in the 2nd half. What does the list of candidates look like now?
2wealfth Man
AG
They could do a LOT worse than Morris.
Wildmen03
AG
Way to not have a black candidate you racist gravity well.

Good to know you're putting texas' core values to work with your list.
Decay
AG
Other thoughts:

Ketch is going out on a limb by not being a Dabo Doubter any more. Perhaps the coach that's had his team in the top-10 for the last few years is good? What a risky take.

"Make him turn us down" is the same crap that got you laughed at by all of your targets last time around. They eventually made Charlie Strong turn them down, then get talked back into it.

Didn't they bark up half these guy's trees last time? How will this supposedly work any better?
GAC06
AG
Morris and probably Herman are the only names on that list that are attainable. As for the others, the sips will "make them say no" just like last time.

Be bold. Dare to be great.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
STL_aTm said:

Ketch's list

1. John Harbaugh -- EL OH EFFING EL.

2. Chip Kelly -- Same as John Harbaugh.

3. & 4. Chris Peterson & Dabo Swinnney Both of these coaches have great stability where they are at. At best, the sips are a means to a pay raise.

5. & 6. Tom Herman & Gary Patterson -- both fairly "meh" names at this point.

7. Chad Morris -- may actually be realistic
My comments added.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Decay said:

The way I see it, it's less than 25% chance that the next head coach is even on that list.

You mean it's an 8.5/10 chance he's not on the list?
Jock 07
AG
Their hubris would never allow them to hire a stoopid ****
91_Aggie
AG
Do we have to tell our great grandkids about this?
dreyOO
That ketch is a sly manatee. He's holding back the real number 1 choice.

Notice this list stops at 7--one spot before the coveted position to be in.
stick93
AG
Jock 07 said:

Their hubris would never allow them to hire a stoopid ****

They would simply because they have made it clear that their schedule is full.
aggiehawg
AG
They'll get stuck with Sonny Dykes.
LHIOB
AG
They could actually hire Mike Sherman
Dumpster Fire
Decay said:

Yep because he left off Charlie Strong. He isn't going anywhere.
aggiehawg
AG
Are there any Baby Bowdens left? Besides, Terry at Akron, I mean.
Bobcat06
AG
Notice that Ketch didn't list their 8th choice - the one that they will actually sign
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Dabo ain't going anywhere till Saban retires and "Momma" calls him home
Soother
AG
"but if you're Texas..."

Hilarious!
LPMFTAC_2015
AG
I guess he gave himself permission to dream big.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Riveting.
Horns that pay attention to him are the reason we sit at the big table and they are looking for a floor seat next to the children's table.
whatthehey78
AG
Just a thought...but, isn't Saban or Belichek (sp) their 100 year decision?
quidam65
aggiehawg said:

goodAg80 said:

They can't afford his buy-out.
Ketch isn't going to list someone who could out-eat him.
stick93
AG
I like how he was "around" Harbaugh for an hour and he knows he is the answer. First of all, when Ketch is in a room he ain't "around" anyone. Fat *****er has his own gravitational pull. Secondly, he tells all of the 9.95'ers that story like he gained some keen insight from being one(third) of 300 people in a room when Harbaugh spoke.

This has to be one of the most thought out, long play trolls in the history of the internet. Just has to be. That or he is a con man.
YouBet
AG
Before the Tom Herman phenomenon, I always thought Chad Morris would be their next coach.
stick93
AG
I'm sticking with my first guess. Larry Fedora.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
What? No Saban, Meyer, Fisher, Jim Harbaugh? Make them all say no right fatazz?
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

The only people on that list that wouldn't out right tell the sips to go **** themselves are Herman and maybe Morris.

So that's it, sips. Good luck.
The Collective
AG
Looks like a bunch of white dudes. Color me surprised.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.