They can't even sell out Note Dame

19,274 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jickyjack1
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My friends in low places tell me that one of their counter parts in Austin contacted them today telling them that the Longhorns are discounting tickets by 20% to the Note Dame game for faculty and staff. Many thousands of seats left unsold for their only significant home game of the season.

Man, that's some strong football. Speaking of Strong - still great animosity among his staff. No one is getting along.

How low can they go? My money is on 4-8, Strong fired before season ends.
aggiehawg
AG
A 20% discount isn't enough to off-set the increase in required donations and season ticket prices under Patterson. Perrin did not roll those increases back and season tickets sales continued to decline.

Not that surprising that they have plenty of unsold seats even for Notre Dame.
Phatbob
AG
tu is a basketball baseball track quidditch school.
The Collective
AG
I assumed Notre Dame fans would buy up the extras. Have they not put tickets on sale to the general public yet?
rocky the dog
AG
Maybe they could have a "Bring a can for the Food Bank" drive as a way to get people into the stadium.
91_Aggie
AG
Game after ND is UTEP at home shown on LHN only. Probably hoping that people will buy tickets because they can't get the LHN to watch it on.

So, home game against UTEP on Sept 10.

Next home game Iowa State on October 15th, also only on the LHN.
Yep, you read that right... September 10th to October 15 = 35 days between home games.

Oh and speaking of bad ratings... their game at Cal starts at 9:30pm central on september 17th.
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
dp
musicman55
AG
So basically the situation is....

The sips get bit*hslapped on national TV by ND on the first weekend, and....

after that nobody sees them on real TV until they play OU... another bit*hslapping.

By the time they get to the middle of the season they won't draw flies either at DKKKR or on TV.
p_bubel
quote:
their game at Cal starts at 9:30pm central on september 17th.

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
So basically the situation is....

The sips get bit*hslapped on national TV by ND on the first weekend, and....

after that nobody sees them on real TV until they play OU... another bit*hslapping.

By the time they get to the middle of the season they won't draw flies either at DKKKR or on TV.
Yeppers!

Horrible schedule.
J.P. 03
AG
quote:
Oh and speaking of bad ratings... their game at Cal starts at 9:30pm central on september 17th.

I believe that's 6:30 am in Dubai, right after morning prayers. Once again, Patterson was playing chess with the schedule while the poor ol' Aggessisyyssesssss were playing checkers as usual.
Born Maroon
AG

Schrute Farms
TU's stock and Rojo's assessments. Two items of equal value.
LonghornDub
UT can't sell out with 8-5 records much less what's happened the last couple of years, and that's not likely to change. If they want to sell tickets, they'll have find a coach who can get double-digit wins most every season.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

ce1994
AG
Dub:

1) Nick Saban and Urban Meyer are not coming to tu.
2) Most NFL head coaches are not coming to tu.
3) EVERYONE else is in play.
bigdad
AG
Expect whining for a game with A&M to increase. It's the only sure way to sellout a game for them.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
F*** off Rojo. Your friends too.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Expect whining for a game with A&M to increase. It's the only sure way to sellout a game for them.
A whole lot of truth in that.
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
quote:

Didn't know you were so fond of the sips....

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

9/4 - beatdown on national TV, but its Sunday so who knows how many will watch
9/10 - UTEP, playing a nobody on LHN, nobody cares
9/17 - at Cal 9:30 pm start, ratings wil be terrible
9/24 - OFF
10/1 - at OSU, decent game hopefully they get another 11am FS1 slot (see next)
10/8 - vs. "rival"? OU at 11am on FS1 meaning ESPN won't promo the game
10/15 - ISU on LHN, if a football game falls in the forest does anyone care?

it really would take a lot of work to make a worse schedule from that from both a home game and TV perspective.

this is the "good" part of their schedule

10/22 - at KSU yawn
10-29 - BU, see how far BU has fallen by then might not draw any interest
11/5 - at Tech yawn
11/12 - WVU yawn (although outside of ND this is their 2nd best home game so far)
11/19 - at KU zzzzzzzzzz
11/26 - TCU at 2:30 on Friday after T-giving on Fox or FS1

aggiehawg
AG
quote:

9/24 - OFF

it really would take a lot of work to make a worse schedule from that from both a home game and TV perspective.

10/22 - at KSU yawn
11/5 - at Tech yawn
11/12 - WVU yawn (although outside of ND this is their 2nd best home game so far)
11/19 - at KU zzzzzzzzzz
Dodds really planned this out quite well, didn't he? Not an ounce of national relevance, nor even that much national exposure except for the opening game. And then POOF! the sips are gone and forgotten.

While we, OTOH, get great national exposure with marquee games that the country as a whole largely GAS about.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
quote:
quote:

Didn't know you were so fond of the sips....

I'm not. I'm fond of Steve Spurrier.
MROD92
Time to borrow Baylor's tarp
APHIS AG
quote:
after that nobody sees them on real TV until they play OU... another bit*hslapping

I would not call FS1 "real" TV.
I already have a dog
AG
This is not good... If Red is saying sips can't sell out ND that means they are setting ticket sales records.
ccatag
AG
quote:

9/24 - OFF

10/22 - at KSU yawn
11/5 - at Tech yawn
11/19 - at KU zzzzzzzzzz

I knew the sips schedule was awful but this truly illustrates just how awful it is!
91_Aggie
AG
This thread shows the trouble the sip fans know they are in.... not a single actual Sip has posted on this thread to refute anything (and Yes I know LonghornDub posted on this thread, but my statement about no actual Sips posting on this thread is still true).
rocky the dog
AG
quote:
I know the sips schedule was awful but this truly illustrates just how awful it is!
And since the sips won't and can't run the table, it truly illustrates just how awful their team is.
Rocco S
I don't know that I expect us to set the world on fire this year but we are 4 touchdowns better than them right now. Our defense vs that offense would be comical, and even though I have a wait and see approach to our offense I think they'd move the ball vs them fairly easily. Our OL is probably the weakest point of our team which is going to pose problems for us vs SEC teams, but they'd handle tu's weak DL pretty easy.
twk
AG
quote:
My friends in low places tell me that one of their counter parts in Austin contacted them today telling them that the Longhorns are discounting tickets by 20% to the Note Dame game for faculty and staff. Many thousands of seats left unsold for their only significant home game of the season.

Man, that's some strong football. Speaking of Strong - still great animosity among his staff. No one is getting along.

How low can they go? My money is on 4-8, Strong fired before season ends.
I think this may be more of a case of faculty blowback from Patterson upping their season ticket prices than a case of being unable to sell tickets even for their best game. I'm sure ND fans would snap up these tickets if they were offered for sale to the general public--by offering them to faculty, at a discount, I assume that they are trying to keep Irish fans out of the faculty section, and mend some fences. Of course, if they are offering faculty a 20% discount for ND, they may have to actually pay them out of pocket to show up for the other games on their schedule. Maybe it will be like high school where staff members will be randomly assigned game duty to keep an eye on the student--oh, wait, the students won't be there either. Never mind.
Stevetex.
quote:
This thread shows the trouble the sip fans know they are in.... not a single actual Sip has posted on this thread to refute anything (and Yes I know LonghornDub posted on this thread, but my statement about no actual Sips posting on this thread is still true).

I don't see any Notre Dame tickets being offered to the general public right now from Texas. Maybe next week you can get what ever the staff passed on.

Is this the refute you were looking for?

The Chicken Ranch
AG
The irony is that another 7-5 season in Aggieland will result in a similar situation.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I think this may be more of a case of faculty blowback from Patterson upping their season ticket prices than a case of being unable to sell tickets even for their best game. I'm sure ND fans would snap up these tickets if they were offered for sale to the general public--by offering them to faculty, at a discount, I assume that they are trying to keep Irish fans out of the faculty section, and mend some fences
I think you are correct. Perrin is smoothing some ruffled feathers here with the only game the faculty and staff might be able to re-sell for a small profit.

It was quite a lucrative side deal for a number of years for faculty who had little interest in football but could get the tickets for a song and re-sell them for a profit. When Patterson not only put a stop to the steeply discounted pricing but also did a deal with stub hub to monitor who tried to resell their tickets, there were howls of protest.

I think that, more than anything else led to his ouster. Faculty and BMDs were both screaming at Fenves before he had time to even warm the President's chair. One of his aides stated, "He just wants his phone to stop ringing."
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

I don't see any Notre Dame tickets being offered to the general public right now from Texas. Maybe next week you can get what ever the staff passed on.

Is this the refute you were looking for?

Clueless as usual. So they sold out their season tickets? Typically schools that havent sold out their season tickets don't put single game tickets on sale no sooner than the day before the game. When you have a garbage home schedule like your tshirt school does, and your only real marquee home game is the opening game, it doesn't make any sense to sell individual game tickets to that game when you can make people buy season tickets in order to get tickets to that game.

You didn't go to college so I don't expect you to grasp this basic marketing scheme.
AGinHI
AG
quote:
tu is a basketball baseball track quidditch school full of dildos.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.