They can't even sell out Note Dame

19,254 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jickyjack1
goodAg80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy ***** AngelLight must have a big ol' dildo up his ass. Why ya so angry bro?
TheAngelFlight
quote:
Calm down, dear. Just asked a question because the thread title said it wasn't sold out and you were intent on vociferously rebutting a part of that.

You must be new here. Here's my sig.

The greatest sig I've seen all thread, I tell ya.

How about this? I've been around awhile, but I'll get my AgTag, I'll bump the thread so all can see and Rocco at least can go back to trying to fire the baseball coach at the university he never was admitted to.
TheAngelFlight
quote:
Holy ***** AngelLight must have a big ol' dildo up his ass. Why ya so angry bro?

Hi there, stud. Wanna go to the football game with me? Apparently the tickets are discounted.
goodAg80
AG
I am waiting for the prices to drop. Check with me next Thursday.
aggiehawg
AG
Okay, great!

I really wasn't trying to be a pain, just couldn't find where the game was sold out yet. Thought you had a link.
rocky the dog
AG
quote:
I don't know Ms. Desperate for Attention
Back off, Jack. Aggiehawg is well respected here.
Rocco S
So you follow me around on multiple boards?
goodAg80
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah. You mess with her, you mess with all of us.

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
Thanks, rocky. That's sweet.
TheAngelFlight
quote:
Okay, great!

I really wasn't trying to be a pain, just couldn't find where the game was sold out yet. Thought you had a link.

One doesn't have to do with the other. But if you jab at my double post, I jab at the repeat questions.

Seems like a square deal.
TheAngelFlight
quote:
quote:

I'm sure Hawg is respected in more respected places, too.
TheAngelFlight
quote:

Sure doesn't seem like I followed you here.

The 100s of posts were hard to miss.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
Okay, great!

One doesn't have to do with the other. But if you jab at my double post, I jab at the repeat questions.

Seems like a square deal.
But I said it was top notch. That's a compliment.

LOL.
rocky the dog
AG
Talk about desperate for attention. Angel Fart has 16 posts on this thread, all on pages 2 and 3.
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
quote:
So what started as "they've never given a discount to a marquee game" has gone through several iterations and is now "well, they always give 20% discounts just not the same way they're doing for this game"...

You're still incorrect. But watching you backtrack is more enjoyable than having you just admit the mistake quick and easy.

No back track. My friends in low places secured a copy of the email sent to sip faculty and staff today, and I have copied it below:

"Exclusive offer for Texas Football vs. Notre Dame tickets

Through your presence on gameday, our Texas Longhorns sense your pride and feel your passion. Thank you for standing behind us.

We'd like to extend a special opportunity to you to experience the Texas Football season opener against Notre Dame on Sunday, Sept. 4. It marks the first time the Fighting Irish have visited Austin since 1996, and as the only football game that day, we know the eyes of the nation will be upon Austin.

A limited number of single-game tickets remain for the nationally-televised matchup. Use promo code FSND16 to see what seats and price levels are available."

A limited number? Yeh, thousands and thousands.....

Poor, poor sips.

AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Individual Game Tickets in All Sports
If you can only make a few games per year in any sport, we provide a 20 percent discount on any individual game ticket purchased by a faculty or staff member. Simply, present your valid UT ID at the Sandeep box office.
Wow. The farce is strong with this one. You understand that such purchases for "Individual Game Tickets" are made the *day* of the event, right? That's why the sip faculty/staff member must "present a valid UT ID at the Sandeep box office" (which is part of the football stadium) instead of ordering them online days or weeks in advance.

Oh, BTW, the sources of my low friends for this info are folks inside of the t.u. AD. Do you think your own A.D. is clueless about the massive discounting of Notre Dame tickets 12 days before the game?

Wrong again.

As you'll notice, going to the Sandeep office is for "ANY sport."

And while you got the location correct, that office is at the football stadium (technically it's in Belmont Hall), this is the ticket office which is open 9-5 on weekdays.

It is the same place a student has to go to purchase a ticket.

Rocco S
quote:
quote:

Sure doesn't seem like I followed you here.

The 100s of posts were hard to miss.

So you follow me around on the baseball board.

How many bricks tall are you btw?
AG
quote:
quote:
Is the game sold out??

I don't know Ms. Desperate for Attention, but I do know they've long made tickets available to faculty and staff at the 20% discount in much the same way that the A&M athletic department makes sure tickets are available leading up to the game for students and others.

Texas Football is a **** show. Is that what you want me to say? I thought that went without saying. You think that's going to rile me up and hurt my feelings?

Yes, but they have NEVER discounted advanced tickets for their marquee games. In this case -- the Notre Dame game is the only marquee game on the home schedule this year -- and they could not sell it out at full ticket prices. So, they opened it up so that sip faculty/staff could buy them up rather than have Notred Dame blue out your stadium.....
AG
quote:
Talk about desperate for attention. Angel Fart has 16 posts on this thread, all on pages 2 and 3.

TheAngelFlight
quote:

Are you so desperate to that you decided to count how many times someone posted, and post the results?
TheAngelFlight
Rojo, as you did earlier, you're confusing our faculty fast pass option and the normal pay per event discounts, which absolutely are available in advance to us, at the 20% discount, for any event until they stop selling them.

With no single game public ticket sales, the process is different for this game, if that email is not fake. I'll have to check the inbox closer.

But there is nothing unique about faculty and staff having advance access to discounted tickets.

You're convinced as you are convinced that Spurrier was coming, so I'll call it a night. All I can say is you need friends in higher places.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm sure Hawg is respected in more respected places, too.

You already done set me off with your handling of aggiehawg but did i really just see you talkin down on texags?

Best put some PESPEK on Mrs. Hawgs name.

AG
quote:
Rojo, as you did earlier, you're confusing our faculty fast pass option and the normal pay per event discounts, which absolutely are available in advance to us, at the 20% discount, for any event until they stop selling them.

With no single game public ticket sales, the process is different for this game, if that email is not fake. I'll have to check the inbox closer.

But there is nothing unique about faculty and staff having advance access to discounted tickets.

You're convinced as you are convinced that Spurrier was coming, so I'll call it a night. All I can say is you need friends in higher places.

Pull the other one.

That's why your AD sent out the email yesterday to faculty and staff about the "special opportunity " Notre Dame ticket offer.

"Special opportunity", "20% discount", "Notre Dame", mass emailing, all 12 days prior to only marquee home game of season.

All because you had thousands and thousands of empty seats no t-shirt fan would buy. So, to keep Notre Dame's fans out of them - you privately mass marketed them at a discount to the faculty and staff.

It's just sad, so sad, but in a delicious way how the mighty have fallen in their own wee conference.

Look,
rocky the dog
AG
quote:
Are you so desperate to that you decided to count how many times someone posted, and post the results?
As aggiehawg once posted, you can't spell stupid without tu.

Look, moron, you were the one who apparently was counting how many times she posted and then accused her of being desperate for attention. How does counting your lame posts make me desperate? BTW, Your post count is now up to 18. Talk about desperate for attention...
AgsMyDude
AG
Enough is enough. Next week you and your friends are going to "predict" the new menu item at Applebee's
LonghornDub
Deep fried peanut buttered meat loaf.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

agforlife97
AG
quote:

It's just sad, so sad, but in a delicious way how the mighty have fallen in their own wee conference.

I enjoy their tears as much as the next person, but if A&M can't capitalize on it... We show no signs of being able to right now.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
I thought you could only afford cat food.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I enjoy their tears as much as the next person, but if A&M can't capitalize on it... We show no signs of being able to right now.
I wouldn't go that far. We are catching up in the facilities race pretty damn fast. That's a huge part of "capitalizing" on our situation.

In 2010 and 2011 when the debate raged on whether A&M would be able to compete in the gauntlet of the SEC, the comparisons to Arkansas were often thrown out there. It was a false comparison exactly because of the disparities in facilities and more importantly the ability to upgrade quickly. Broyles was behind the eightball when he moved Arkansas to the SEC in the very early 90s. They were far behind and in a small relatively poor state. Broyles also had a coaching carousel happening with multiple coaching changes until they finally settled on hometown boy, Houston Nutt. Nutt and his Dad were very well-connected and respected in Arkansas. Fundraising was much easier.

We didn't have any lag time in fundraising. The combination of moving to the SEC, Johnny and now the SECN and the financial support was there.

Finally, we aren't involved in any of the expansion drama in the Big XII. The sips finally got the conference set up just the way they wanted and it is a dumpster fire. We are watching from afar, cashing the big checks, and building new facilities to attract top notch coaches and athletes for the next decade or more.

In that respect, we have capitalized quite nicely.
dreyOO
So when is the stadium expansion set to break ground?
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Game after ND is UTEP at home shown on LHN only. Probably hoping that people will buy tickets because they can't get the LHN to watch it on.

So, home game against UTEP on Sept 10.

Next home game Iowa State on October 15th, also only on the LHN.
Yep, you read that right... September 10th to October 15 = 35 days between home games.

Oh and speaking of bad ratings... their game at Cal starts at 9:30pm central on september 17th.
we have 28 days between home games iirc. Sept 10 to October 8
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
So when is the stadium expansion set to break ground?
Three years ago.
LonghornDub
quote:
quote:
I thought you could only afford cat food.
Luann specials from 3 to 5PM. Actually, I had lunch at Campioni with a Caesar salad, veal maravella, garlic bread and two glasses of Cabernet. When I have to eat mush, I'll move to a small town.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

cbates85
quote:
My friends in low places tell me that one of their counter parts in Austin contacted them today telling them that the Longhorns are discounting tickets by 20% to the Note Dame game for faculty and staff. Many thousands of seats left unsold for their only significant home game of the season.

Man, that's some strong football. Speaking of Strong - still great animosity among his staff. No one is getting along.

How low can they go? My money is on 4-8, Strong fired before season ends.
Rojo.
Bodhi
AG
quote:
My friends in low places tell me that one of their counter parts in Austin contacted them today telling them that the Longhorns are discounting tickets by 20% to the Note Dame game for faculty and staff. Many thousands of seats left unsold for their only significant home game of the season.

Man, that's some strong football. Speaking of Strong - still great animosity among his staff. No one is getting along.

How low can they go? My money is on 4-8, Strong fired before season ends.

If your money is on 4-8....I'm going 8-4 because you are literally wrong about everything

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.