Sips are so irrelevant

10,884 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Loyalty
StephenvilleAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
Mack, hated him, Augie, hated him...makes sense. I mean, both of those coaches were better than any coach that A&M ever had.
Bear Bryant says hello.

Bear Bryant won a national championship at A&M? Bryant couldn't wait to get away from A&M.
Missy moving the goal posts!
MelvinUdall
I looked it up and he never did at A&M and clearly he viewed A&M as a stepping stone, much like UH and Baylor.
StephenvilleAg77
More goal post manuevers. Classic lil bro' behavior.
billtheag89
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Mack, hated him, Augie, hated him...makes sense. I mean, both of those coaches were better than any coach that A&M ever had.
Bear Bryant says hello.

Bear Bryant won a national championship at A&M? Bryant couldn't wait to get away from A&M.

"71. When Bryant died, the only piece of jewelry he was wearing was a ring given to him by the Junction Boys from his first training camp with Texas A&M."
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/09/100_facts_about_bear_bryant_yo.html

MelvinUdall
So he did win a national championship? Sorry I am confused. Wearing a ring because he almost killed some kids coaching them in Junction is not a trophy, like I said A&M is a stepping stone school, heck Sumlin has had feelers out for 2 years.
Muy
AG
quote:

I'll play...

Who are 2 sip legends that the sips bragged incessantly about, but fired them just 2 and 4 years after the Aggsieyes left for the SEC?
MelvinUdall
I think you and I would be bff's irl, wanna grab beer next time I am in the greater Frisco area?
Muy
MelvinUdall
Is that a yes? I like Blue Moon.
ccatag
AG
Nhayden has a major case of butthurt running through his veins. Crappy teams with crappy seasons and coaches failing and getting fired might have something to do with that.
MelvinUdall
do you have office hours?
Credible Source
AG
I mean, you keep swinging and that's something to be proud of, but you've been tko'd for awhile.
GrapevineAg
AG
Holy crap, over 6200 posts on a non-rival's site!
Ragoo
AG
What is your affiliation with horn-u?
Stevetex.
quote:

Oh this is a classic here.
Rocco S
Also a classic answer

Your tshirt school will hire Tulane's coach, unable to hire a winning SEC coach
Slwdsm
quote:
Garrido canned. Briles fired. Ken Starr busted. McCaw booted. Tech crushed twice by unranked bdfers. Grobe hired. Baylor 2017 class disintegrated. Baylor 2016 class wants loi releases.

And two weeks ago the zoo was in full meltdown over a coach saying something true on twitter...

I doubt they will admit how insignificant it actually is now, but I'm glad the sips and Baylor stepped upped so emphatically to prove my point.
Flexbone
quote:
So he did win a national championship? Sorry I am confused. Wearing a ring because he almost killed some kids coaching them in Junction is not a trophy, like I said A&M is a stepping stone school, heck Sumlin has had feelers out for 2 years.

Bryant was the last coach to leave A&M for another job. You're a dumbass, per usual.
APHIS AG
quote:
Garrido canned. Briles fired. Ken Starr busted. McCaw booted. Tech crushed twice by unranked bdfers. Grobe hired. Baylor 2017 class disintegrated. Baylor 2016 class wants loi releases.
And sips everywhere celebrate for if you cannot beat them on the field, just have the sip media destroy them.
Kemo Sabe
Mack brown: GONE
Rick Barnes: GONE
Augie garrido: GONE

All in four years. And they have replaced them with charliekins, Shaka lacka ding dong and who knows who in baseball. It's like the world is passing them by. It's hard for them to be national bad asses in the flyover conference. Nobody is listening.
Slwdsm
oh hey! look! another thread derailed by nhayden firing up the time machine.

...mentioning the sips on OR is like throwing up a ****ing bat signal for this obsessed nerd... so pathetic
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:

i would expect a graduate to defend their school with the passion missy does, I would expect a fan only to understand their lack of intimate relationship with the school they defend and see their defense for what it really is, a pathetic cry for attention.
wbt5845
AG
Every time sips have an coach opening, the mantra is "WE'RE TEXAS EVERY SINGLE COACH ON THE PLANET IS LINING UP TO LET US PICK".

But then they end up with - Chuckles? What happened to Saban and Lombardi? Smart? What happened to Calipari and Wooden?

Sense a trend?
Bird Poo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

i would expect a graduate to defend their school with the passion missy does, I would expect a fan only to understand their lack of intimate relationship with the school they defend and see their defense for what it really is, a pathetic cry for attention.
Hey, all that longhorn gear they wore in high school has forever tattooed their image to the outside world.

That, or their old man actually went to tu but they're still trying to connect with dear old dad despite having to go to Texas State LOL!
Muy
AG
quote:

All in four years. And they have replaced them with charliekins, Shaka lacka ding dong and who knows who in baseball. It's like the world is passing them by. It's hard for them to be national bad asses in the flyover conference. Nobody is listening.
I already forgot about Checkers. So in just the 4 years that Aggsieyes left for greener SEC pastures, the sips have fired all 3 of their big time, much better coaches. As derm says....
APHIS AG
quote:
It's very relevant when every college baseball coach is listening.
If I were an SEC coach, I would grab that t.u. job in a heartbeat:

1. Win in an easy conference. It is pathetic that of all teams, tt not only wins the conference but also gets a national seed.

2. No more "murderers row" of top ten teams week after week after week.

3. Except for A&M, easy recruiting.

4. A very nice fat paycheck.

5. A pro t.u. media that will look the other way if something goes "bad".

Hell yes, who would not want to coach in an easy conference.
StephenvilleAg77
Kendall Rogers said today the top 3 in the nation for best baseball facilities and best baseball stadium are South Carolina, A&M, and LSU.
Shooz in Katy
AG
quote:
Like the bitter older stepsister announcing her divorce during the beautiful bride's rehearsal dinner. Geez.

That is a Strong analogy. Well played sir.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
I already forgot about Checkers. So in just the 4 years that Aggsieyes left for greener SEC pastures, the sips have fired all 3 of their big time, much better coaches. As derm says....

During which time the Aggies have won conference championships in two of the three major sports, and been to the postseason in EVERY sport.
Muy
AG
which is why there were fired. sips can't handle what's happened now that the Ags are in THE conference that everyone wants to be in.
Kool
AG
quote:
quote:
Like the bitter older stepsister announcing her divorce during the beautiful bride's rehearsal dinner. Geez.

That is a Strong analogy. Well played sir.
Thanks. I forgot to add the part about the sagging teats. But I guess we all know that anyway.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WestAustinAg
AG
quote:

that was the big 3. they really were all great in their prime...but they definitely fell off quickly and pretty much at the same time (roughly hired at same time too).
Wyoming Aggie
AG
It really is amazing how bad that athletic program is. When I was in school, they had legit chances to win the national title in the big 3 sports. Now they are virtually irrelevant in almost all 3. Hell even Fran produced better results than Strong and Mack in his final seasons.
Paradise Ag
AG
The volleyball coach is still there.

So there's that.
stexagg
quote:
I looked it up and he never did at A&M and clearly he viewed A&M as a stepping stone, much like UH and Baylor.
You actually had to look that up?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.