DeLoss Dodds Honored

4,288 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rocco S
bigdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can Texags or the SEC send congratulations...and thanks to DeLoss for all he's done for A&M and the SEC?

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texaslonghorns/2016/05/03/former-longhorn-ad-deloss-dodds-announced-new-nacda-hall-fame-electee
ccatag
AG
I notice there is not one mention in that article of the longhorn network. Nothing
Bottlehead90
AG
Thanks DeLoss!
Muy
AG
Can we build a statue of him too?!
Biz Ag
AG
quote:

With his ass facing Lubbock.
Potcake
AG
quote:
quote:

This is his ass, right?
West Point Aggie
AG
Thanks from the sliver!!
SlobberKnock
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is his ass, right?

MosesRAB-93
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is his ass, right?

HA HA HA... My first thought as well.
BESCo91
AG
Thanks DeLoss.
jickyjack1
He jonesed it up for the Longhorns; now the whole pitiful conference is jonesed.

The athletic directors may think he's a swell guy, but you just know the heavy preponderance of Texas fans would like to shout, "Jones you, Deloss!".
Kemo Sabe
Deloss, you insufferable, arrogant, self serving Acehole thanks from the bottom of our pea-picking hearts for freeing us from that horrible, longhorn fiefdom of a conference you were setting up back in 2010. You weren't the least bit concerned when Nebraska and Colorado flew the coop, but let A&M want to get out and you start pulling punches left and right to stop that from happening. But it did anyway, in spite of you and because of you and for that we thank you. Life is good over here in the sliver, it's very good. And we would have never known if it hadn't been for your high handed business dealings.
Madman
AG
I love that guy.
I understand the Aggie view of benefit from DeLoss' accomplishments but what did he do to benefit the SEC?
Furious Styles
How about giving the SEC a foothold in the state of Texas?
coolerguy12
AG
quote:
I understand the Aggie view of benefit from DeLoss' accomplishments but what did he do to benefit the SEC?

Delivered the state of Texas to them on a silver plater. It has been discussed by ESPN and SEC execs that Texas was crucial in the SECNetwork

Thanks DeLoss
ebdb_bnb
quote:
Shame on you for forgetting the sip talking points.
45-70Ag
AG
He delivered Texas on a sliver of a silver platter.
twk
AG
quote:
Deloss, you insufferable, arrogant, self serving Acehole thanks from the bottom of our pea-picking hearts for freeing us from that horrible, longhorn fiefdom of a conference you were setting up back in 2010. You weren't the least bit concerned when Nebraska and Colorado flew the coop, but let A&M want to get out and you start pulling punches left and right to stop that from happening. But it did anyway, in spite of you and because of you and for that we thank you. Life is good over here in the sliver, it's very good. And we would have never known if it hadn't been for your high handed business dealings.
In fairness, some of the credit must go to Bill Powers. After all, it was him telling Bowtie at the presidents meeting, "Don't worry, you'll be taken care of," when Bowtie asked about rumors that t.u. was talking with the Pac-10 that really pissed Bowtie off.
quote:
quote:

I don't subscribe to group think.
Potcake
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're so F***ing full of yourself.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're so F***ing full of yourself.

Now that sounds like group think.
Malachi Constant
AG
Is "don't worry, you'll be taken care of" an actual quote?

Good lord I'd want to punch someone in the face if they said that to me. The implication is we needed someone to take care of us. Go get ****ed, Powers.
SlackerAg
AG
quote:

Good lord I'd want to punch someone in the face if they said that to me. The implication is we needed someone to take care of us. Go get ****ed, Powers.
Yes, it was quoted by Bowtie in the "100 Year Decision" book. Basically, t.u. planned the 4 teams to go to the PAC-10 already assuming we'd tag along. That was the event that led us to the SEC.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Everyone says that.
goodAg80, you're a good Ag.
Stinky T
AG
I don't subscribe to groupthink either. But I do subscribe to the idea of if it looks like an ass, walks like an ass & sounds like an ass - it is probably a tsip.
quote:
I don't subscribe to groupthink either. But I do subscribe to the idea of if it looks like an ass, walks like an ass & sounds like an ass - it is probably a ________.

FIFY. Fill in the blank based on your personal (or group) bias and stereotyping, group think training.
Stinky T
AG
Guess I should have used the winky face to keep that one from almost scalping you.
APHIS AG
No words can describe the accomplishments of this "great" man:

1. Managed to destroy two conferences.

2. Set up the SEC for success by adding additional schools and the establishment of the SEC Network.

3. Provided an opportunity for A&M that may only come every 100 years.

4. Pivotal in establishing a network that both has low ratings and screws over the other members of the "conference" t.u. belongs.

5. Succeeded in downgrading the Big XII from a conference that once rivaled the SEC to an also ran conference that garners about as much respect as Conference USA.

Yes, this man must be honored!!!!
quidam65
quote:

And the thing is he may not have meant it that way.

He may have meant "if you want to come with us, we'll let the PAC know that we want you as a member. If you want to go elsewhere, we'll give you a good reference."

(Though coming from a sip, it probably was meant to be condescending)
elfurioso92
AG
Thank you Deloss for running the hype machine so efficiently that even you couldn't tell reality from sip propaganda..
Bottlehead90
AG
Great one 33

I laughed out loud.

You may now continue to type your talking points from Belmont on a forum of a team you don't play
quote:
Great one 33

I laughed out loud.

You may now continue to type your talking points from Belmont on a forum of a team you don't play

Brilliant - oh the irony.

I have no talking points from Belmont, just my own opinions.
APHIS AG
quote:
And the thing is he may not have meant it that way.

He may have meant "if you want to come with us, we'll let the PAC know that we want you as a member. If you want to go elsewhere, we'll give you a good reference."

(Though coming from a sip, it probably was meant to be condescending)

According to Loftin, Powers was very aloof about giving any information about the PAC deal and when Loftin approached him on the subject, that was Powers' answer.

That pissed off Loftin so yes it was meant to be condescending.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.