Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Texas LLC Name Change

735 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Pinochet
rme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a few LLCs that I don't currently use and I'm considering changing the names. Lesson learned on not including type of business in the name when your activities could be broad. SOS website shows name change and assumed name certificate as options, any thoughts? Would I also need to change name associated with EIN? Looks like assumed name is not an actual legal entity and others can use the same name.

This isn't a big deal to me, but if it's just filing a document with SOS then that seems pretty easy.
one safe place
I was going to build an RV park and chose a name for the entity according to the location. Then wound up buying one in another town. I just made the name change with the SOS and changed the name on the tax return, there is a block to indicate a change in name.
Pinochet
For the federal EIN just change it on the next tax return, mark the name change box, and append "FKA" and the old name to the end of the new name when you file that return.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.