Denver

405,945 Views | 3683 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Skywalker18
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would probably agree with this.
62strat
AG
The Pilot said:

mwc0746 said:

Yes Downtown 3 days a week. Wife would work in Littleton.

Probably ok with 30-45 minute commute.
I don't think any of the common southern suburbs (HR, LT, Parker) would work for this. I live in east Highlands Ranch and the commute to the Tech Center is about 30 min, not making it to downtown in less than 45 min.

Maybe Lakewood would be a good middle ground. The northern parts of Littleton might take you to downtown in less than 45?
30 min from east HR to tech center? Isn't that like 5-7 miles?

I drop my kids off at main/jordan in Parker at 8:30 and typically get to work by 5-10 after 9. Office is I70/pecos, so just north of downtown.
On a bad day, it's 45 min. Rarely been longer than that.
aggietb
I'm in Lone Tree and before our office moved to DTC and I was commuting downtown it was anywhere from 45 min to an hour 20 to get home at 5PM. Never dealt with morning rush hour but I would guess it to be the same.
62strat
AG
I guess specific location can make a difference.
I can be on I70/25 from my office door in about 2-3 minutes as I'm right at the roundabout on pecos/70; whereas if you're downtown, you're maybe in a parking garage, stuck at a few lights so it's 10 min or more just to get to 25.
Then when I exit ridgegate, it's a nascar track along empty fields until you hit chambers, and that's where I live. If I were in canterberry in east parker, it would add another 10 easily if not more.

1:20 from downtown to lone tree assuming no really bad wreck or storm, that seems like quite an outlier.
aggietb
Yeah was just giving the best and worst of the commute. We were deep downtown at republic, parked in the garage at the Sheraton so would easily take 10-15 to get to 25. Then those days if there was a fender bender even on 25 it was over an hour easy. 35 min in the morning before most people were awake though!
The Pilot
AG
62strat said:

The Pilot said:

mwc0746 said:

I don't think any of the common southern suburbs (HR, LT, Parker) would work for this. I live in east Highlands Ranch and the commute to the Tech Center is about 30 min, not making it to downtown in less than 45 min.

Maybe Lakewood would be a good middle ground. The northern parts of Littleton might take you to downtown in less than 45?
30 min from east HR to tech center? Isn't that like 5-7 miles?

I drop my kids off at main/jordan in Parker at 8:30 and typically get to work by 5-10 after 9. Office is I70/pecos, so just north of downtown.
On a bad day, it's 45 min. Rarely been longer than that.
I'm 12 miles from the office so about double your estimate. It's 10 miles if I go Quebec all the way but that would add time.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
mwc0746 said:

What would you say are the most important things that you're looking for? Good schools, walkability, proximity to mountains, etc.?
aggietb
Anyone know somewhere to get live crawfish? Lone Tree/Highlands Ranch Area
Skywalker18
AG
I'll go halfsies on a bag if you invite us over to eat with you haha. That is if you can actually find some. You might try talking to NoNos restaurant in highlands ranch. I know they fly in live crawfish on Saturdays. Maybe they can order an extra bag to throw on the plane for you. Be prepared to pay a pretty penny up here though….
First Page Refresh
Page 106 of 106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.