Denver

411,416 Views | 3696 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Aggie_Boomin 21
GunRangeGal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're about 38" in with more coming. It's a sip coffee and sit by the fireplace kind of day!
chiken
AG
this snow just caused my closing to be pushed to Monday.
Skywalker18
AG
Rocking around 20 inches here in Franktown southeast of Denver
AggieTJ
AG
Stuck in Breckenridge. Trying to drive to DIA early tomorrow/Friday morning. Assuming I-70 will get shut again overnight, so I'm wondering what y'all think?

Been watching the SH9 route down to Fairplay get more and more "red" on the southbound side all morning long, so I'm hopeful that early Friday morning combined with either possibility of I-70 or SH9 will get us to DIA. The rental car is FWD and has no chains, btw. I've driven SH9 a few times in the past, but never in these heavy conditions.

Any advice or thoughts?
Schall 02
AG
Not the advice you want but change your flight to late Friday or Saturday before the airline does it for you.
pb488
AG
keep tracking conditions on cotrip.org.

be aware of the traction law as it will be in effect on both highways.
AggieTJ
AG
That's what I thought today for the original flight, but yeah afternoon probably has a better chance of success than a 9AM flight.
Jock 07
AG
Be careful coming down Hoosier if coming the back way.
AggieTJ
AG
And… just like that, Hoosier Pass is closed! Thanks y'all. I think my mind is made up for tomorrow.
62strat
AG
i thought they opened I70 to passenger traffic at like 5pm?
62strat
AG
Skywalker18 said:

Rocking around 20 inches here in Franktown southeast of Denver
7pm.. getting close! it's been coming down pretty good still the last few hours.starting accumulating again about 7pm and driveway has a good 2-3" already.

NASAg03
Scythe Robotics is expanding bigtime in Longmont with almost 400 jobs.

https://www.longmontleader.com/local-news/scythe-robotics-to-expand-in-colorado-8443612
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
chiken
AG
Did anyone go to Bucees today?
NColoradoAG
chiken said:

Did anyone go to Bucees today?
I wasnt planning on going near there until about Easter.

Checking reviews has been fun though. Already multiple butt hurt truckers, someone who didn't even visit complaining about "Texas" and multiple complaints about long lines and a chaotic situations...on opening day.
The Pilot
AG
Has anyone replaced windows in the last few years. We are looking to replace our windows in the next few months and most of the contractors are pushing Anlin windows. The estimates I've received range from 23-30K for 22 windows and 1 sliding door.
COSCAG67
AG
The Pilot said:

Has anyone replaced windows in the last few years. We are looking to replace our windows in the next few months and most of the contractors are pushing Anlin windows. The estimates I've received range from 23-30K for 22 windows and 1 sliding door.

We are working with Clearview Distributors and have looked at milgard, marvin, and windsor, all are much more exp, but never heard of anlin.

Edit: If you are going vinyl, then look at milgard's lifetime warranty.
Schall 02
AG
Check out colorado window and door. Great guy. We used Sierra Pacific.
The Pilot
AG
COSCAG67 said:

The Pilot said:

We are working with Clearview Distributors and have looked at milgard, marvin, and windsor, all are much more exp, but never heard of anlin.

Edit: If you are going vinyl, then look at milgard's lifetime warranty.
I haven't checked out the info, but one of the contractors mentioned Anlin being on par with Milgard. Anlin has a transferable lifetime warranty.
COSCAG67
AG
Let me know how it turns out. We're just patching our wood rot for now, but will likely have all windows replaced in the next year.
class12of
AG
I would advise anyone looking at vinyl windows in Colorado to be careful. Yes, it might be cheaper on the front end, but the climate just rips them to shreds. Especially the temperature swings.

If you are looking for a good middle ground, I would go with Infinity by Marvin or Renewal by Andersen. Fiberglass type windows do much better in our climate. The materials are more stable and you will have less issues in the long run, even though you'll pay a little more upfront. Still will be cheaper than a wood clad aluminum or higher end window. Like a said, a good middle ground.
The Pilot
AG
class12of said:

I would advise anyone looking at vinyl windows in Colorado to be careful. Yes, it might be cheaper on the front end, but the climate just rips them to shreds. Especially the temperature swings.

If you are looking for a good middle ground, I would go with Infinity by Marvin or Renewal by Andersen. Fiberglass type windows do much better in our climate. The materials are more stable and you will have less issues in the long run, even though you'll pay a little more upfront. Still will be cheaper than a wood clad aluminum or higher end window. Like a said, a good middle ground.
Lifetime warranty should cover that, no? I've heard Andersen quotes are usually so high that some people stop shopping thinking they can't afford to replace windows.
class12of
AG
It's definitely a tough initial investment, but read the fine print of the warranties carefully. All of the warranties I have read on the vinyl side do not cover: damage or defects related to normal wear and tear or natural weathering of finishes. Seems a little vague as to what would actually be covered. For example, cracking due to expansion and contraction over typical seasonal temperature changes would seem like normal wear and tear to me.
The Pilot
AG
Will do. thanks for the heads up.
Jetpilot86
AG
Agree here. I've got a place in Summit County and the weather is hard on the windows. Better quality you can get, the better.
Ags83
AG
Drove by on I25 on the 18th, dropping my daughter off at CSU. The lines around the pumps and parking area looked ridiculous. There were lines on the off ramps in both directions also.
TheVarian
AG
Everyone in the Denver area ready for our blizzard?
Owen Kellogg
AG
are we expecting a blizzard? I was thinking its our standard spring snow storm...
Green2Maroon
AG
They're only predicting maybe 2" for most of the metro area. It's not going to be like our last big storm.
Jock 07
AG
Apparently we're under a blizzard warning down here in Falcon but can't figure out why when looking at the forecast.
agdaddy04
AG
Transitioned from rain and thunder to blowing snow pretty quickly. Warm concrete has prevented it from sticking to anything but grass and weighing down the junipers again.
chiken
AG
We have an inch in Littleton, but it stopped falling. Weather app says to expect 4" though. We'll see. My parents are visiting from Austin and in heaven watching it fall.
Green2Maroon
AG
Liking everything so far? I want to do a housing upgrade at some point and that's a pretty nice area down there.
62strat
AG
Homebrewers.. I'm giving it up.

All for sale

Have decided to move on from homebrewing. Looking to offload all of it. Pretty extensive set up including;

*14 gal spike conical- SOLD 3/26

*Morebeer propane tippy beer stand (early generation, 15+ years old) with 50L boil/mash and HLT. Pumps and hoses included. Fully automated with pumps and controllers. Also on a platform with HD castors to move around.
*CU Counterflow chiller
*Grain mill with heavy duty plug in motor and hopper, all built on a table to easily catch grain
*Tons of odds and ends; air tight grain containers (loaded with base grains), refractometer, extra pots, extra pump, hardware organization shelving with every spare part you need, loads of adjuncts and cleaning supplies, digital scale for grains, dry hop kit, SS mesh wall racking to hang/organize everything, several homebrew kegs with home made welded keg storage rack on wheels, CO tanks, etc.
Contact me with what you're looking to get and I'll come up with a price.
I figure the conical with all parts is ~$700 ($1000 new)
Fermentation fridge with dual temp control on cart, $250
Tippy stand with kettles, tubing & pump on cart $1500 (4x that new on morebeer.com)
Counterflow chiller $150
Grain mill w/motor and table $150
Odds and ends ???
Or $3k for every single thing I have.
Located in Parker near Chambers/Mainstreet
Pm me on here or text 979-seven seven seven-9251

chiken
AG
Do yall pronounce the street Ken Caryl as Ken Carl or Ken Carol?
Owen Kellogg
AG
It's really a big neighborhood and pronounced Carl.
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.