***** Baltimore Orioles 2023 Season Thread *****

32,953 Views | 333 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Explosivo12
Tibbers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nothing quite like the start of something special. Living in the cellar since 2015 has made us stronger. We have the best farm in baseball, have tons of prospects making their way to the bigs this year and many years to come. The window of opportunity starts now. Come on in, the water is fine. Adley, Mounty, Gunnar, Irvin, Bradish, Kremer, Mullins, Hays, Santander, Bautista, Cionel, Gibson, Urias and the boys are primed for a surprise year,0 poised to take a glorious step forward into the bright light of postseason contention. It's been a long road, but the well is full and it's time to see what youth and experience can accomplish. We were but a couple games out last year but the time is now. Dog will hunt!

Tibbers
Tibbers
OriolePete
I think Adley Rutschman might be good or something.
OriolePete
The pitching can't take a step backwards this season. I just don't see how it won't, it isn't fair to expect the same. But if these 2 young pitchers figure it out, look out. I'll be happy if Urias and Baker find new homes before the allstar break. Especially Baker. He is not good. At all.
Gap
AG
Whew! 10-9 win over the Red Sox in the season opener at Fenway Park.

Used every inch of leeway today after building a 10-4 lead thru 7 innings.

Adley Rutschman - 5 for 5, a HR, 4 RBIs
OriolePete
Mullins and Mateo are going to steal 150 bases each. Baker needs to go. Hall needs to hurry up, he will be fine in the pen for now.
OriolePete
7-1 is a great start. We need more runs...
OriolePete
Tibbers
McKenna, how could you?! We need more Vavra and Stowers!
All I do is Nguyen
I will say that the Orioles have become a team I follow simply due to my proximity to them (Live in south east PA) and also having been to Camden Yards many times.

I will say Ya'll are on the cusp of breaking through and making the playoffs and even some noise in the playoffs. I hope ya'll do well, except against my Astros
OriolePete
As soon as that ball hit the ground, I got to experience BOS. It felt a lot like BAS. You knew a home run was coming in 3 pitches or less, it wasn't even a question.
OriolePete
Hyde is great and all but I can't stand this man's lineups. Let's get the first series win today.
Tibbers
Agreed. Especially last game. Vavra not used against a righty. Just weird. He doesn't seem to be pushing the right buttons yet. Pitching has been rough so far and outfield defense has been a killer. Let's look to rebound in Texas. We should have won the series regardless.
The Milkman
AG
I've adopted them as my secondary team since we do live in Baltimore and I make it to lots of games at Camden. Wish nothing but the best for the O's!
OriolePete
Can't wait for Means, Givens and Tate. Hopefully Bradish is just day to day
OriolePete
Inconceivable!

What else is new. 158 entertaining games to go. Buckle up.
Tibbers
That was a no hitter damnt! What a job by Wells to volunteer to go out there and then dish 5 scoreless. Amazing job!
Tibbers
The Grayson Rodriguez era may be starting today. Very excited for the kid to make a start in Texas in front of his family. It'll be tough against deGrom, but what a chance for him to make his mark. And what a start by Gibson. Such a veteran pitching performance to give this bullpen some more rest after Wells' dominant relief appearance.
Tibbers
He did well! Will be seeing him next week in Baltimore!
Tibbers
Big time opening day win over the evil Yankees. 45k black and orange strong in attendance. What a game! O's come back and the bats are alive. Kremer pitched well, Baker thwarted a big threat and the Mountain closed the door. Great game!
OriolePete
This team will be in almost every game they play, just like last year.

IF we trade for an elite setup man. We can spare a prospect or 2 if we can somehow find a CLEAR setup we can control for more than the season. Or, perhaps just the season and be confident we can re-sign. That middle bullpen and leading up to Bautista is unbelievably suspect. This organization is all about numbers lately which is fine but then they ignore the fact that the numbers would say there's no possible way to expect an overachieving bullpen to overachieve again the very next season. I know they will prove me wrong so I'm looking forward to that. Let's get this series!
Tibbers
What a comeback win by the O's, hays and Mountcastle having a night! 9 rbis by Mountcastle, tying an Oriole record. That ball zoomed right over my head!
OriolePete
We could finish 2nd behind the rays who are going 162-0 apparently.
Tibbers
Looooong season.
OriolePete
I think you should be able to punt in baseball. Our pitching needs to punt more. Or maybe the offense can like, control the clock or something? Run the ball more?
Tibbers
Well we can surely punt Kremer to the bullpen or AAA
Tibbers
1st career walk off for Adley as the O's take the series against the A's!
OriolePete
That was almost too predictable. Future hall of famer already lol. I think the O's just wanted the A's to feel good about themselves? Keep winning series! On to Chicago!
Tibbers
Can't mess with the Mountain, Mounty, Hays and Adley. All are carrying this team on their backs. Ohearn did well today and Vavra was starting to hit and get on base as well. We haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the young talent we have. Just like last year, the team we see now won't be the team we see at the end.
OriolePete
The pitching def will get better as we add guys off the injured list. Baker is doing much better, Coulombe or however you spell it has been great. This offense will have very few off days. So once the defense gets settled...look out. Exciting times!
OriolePete
Yawn just another come from behind win with Adley looking like a baseball God.
Tibbers
Yeah he's pretty good. Wells said he's Superman. Also, don't snooze on Mateo, the bat is coming along! The only one I'm down on right now is Santander. I think he is hurt maybe and I'd love to see Cowser or Stowers come up for an opportunity. Perhaps we should have traded Santander at peak value last year. Maybe we tried but no takers.
OriolePete
Mateo is my favorite current Oriole. He's clutch and can't go anywhere. One of my favorite autographed cards. Clutch again today.
OriolePete
If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, Urias moves/reacts too slow. It doesn't match his talent level, but it affects his defense, throws, at bats and base running. And it's all the same problem, something in his head makes him slow down. It drives me crazy and I think it's just the coach in me. I want to correct it and I can't stand that nobody addresses it. Maybe I'm crazy (probably) but does anyone else notice this? Just reminded again as he makes that great grab but then seems to go in slow motion before he throws. It's like watching Haynes King throw a pass. Sorry.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.