***** Official 2017 Astros Off Season Thread *****

264,701 Views | 2546 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr.Bond
jbanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to see if the raulito vine got converted to anything else. No luck.
shano0603
AG
Sorry for Facebook... But if someone could record this into a gif... I think it might work.

https://www.facebook.com/magdalenanoticiasson/videos/1256153704492768/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
Ag_07
AG

Someone needs to work magic and put some graphics and text on it.
TREX01
Anybody have Amazon fire stick and if so how do you watch the Astros, Ags, other sports?
CFTXAG10
AG
TREX01 said:

Anybody have Amazon fire stick and if so how do you watch the Astros, Ags, other sports?
You can either install Cody with a K and an I, or you can use the WatchESPN app when the team is playing on that network or the MLB App but the Astros may be blacked out in the area
irish pete ag06
AG
unblock-us has always worked for me with the mlb.tv subscription.
k20dub
AG
I believe there is talk of Root Sports allowing you to stream their games. Of course, I'm sure it will require a cable subscription.
Clavell
AG
http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-prospect-Francis-Martes-to-make-10965045.php

Love to see him succeed and make starting rotation sometime this year.

Quote:

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Righthander Francis Martes, the Astros' consensus top prospect, will pitch in his first Grapefruit League game Wednesday afternoon against the Miami Marlins, the organization that originally signed him.

Martes will pitch one or two innings in relief of Chris Devenski in the team's first home game at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches. The outing will mark Martes' first against opposing major league hitters. He threw live batting practice last week against the Astros' George Springer, Josh Reddick and Nori Aoki.

Participating in his first major league spring training this year, Martes is projected to begin the season in Class AAA. The Astros expect the hard-throwing 21-year-old Dominican to debut at some point during this season.
The Astros acquired Martes from the Marlins when the stocky 6-foot-1 prospect was 18 and in rookie ball as part of the July 2014 trade that sent Jarred Cosart to Miami. The Marlins signed Martes as an international free agent in November 2012.

http://www.astrosfuture.com/2017/02/mlb-pipeline-releases-astros-top-30-prospects/

Quote:

Martes' stuff is similar to what Lance McCullers Jr. showed in the Minors. He can work at 93-96 mph and reach 98 with his fastball, and while it doesn't feature a ton of life, he does show some feel for moving it around the strike zone. His curveball gives him a second well above-average pitch, combining power and depth.
shano0603
AG
Clavell said:

http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-prospect-Francis-Martes-to-make-10965045.php

Love to see him succeed and make starting rotation sometime this year.

Quote:

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Righthander Francis Martes, the Astros' consensus top prospect, will pitch in his first Grapefruit League game Wednesday afternoon against the Miami Marlins, the organization that originally signed him.

Martes will pitch one or two innings in relief of Chris Devenski in the team's first home game at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches. The outing will mark Martes' first against opposing major league hitters. He threw live batting practice last week against the Astros' George Springer, Josh Reddick and Nori Aoki.

Participating in his first major league spring training this year, Martes is projected to begin the season in Class AAA. The Astros expect the hard-throwing 21-year-old Dominican to debut at some point during this season.
The Astros acquired Martes from the Marlins when the stocky 6-foot-1 prospect was 18 and in rookie ball as part of the July 2014 trade that sent Jarred Cosart to Miami. The Marlins signed Martes as an international free agent in November 2012.

http://www.astrosfuture.com/2017/02/mlb-pipeline-releases-astros-top-30-prospects/

Quote:

Martes' stuff is similar to what Lance McCullers Jr. showed in the Minors. He can work at 93-96 mph and reach 98 with his fastball, and while it doesn't feature a ton of life, he does show some feel for moving it around the strike zone. His curveball gives him a second well above-average pitch, combining power and depth.

IIRC, They were working with his last year to develop a change up.

I also want to see him succeed because i have him on my FBB dynasty league.
Ag_07
AG
I haven't looked yet but will AtBat have streaming audio for these ST games?
DVC2010
AG
I got video for yesterday's game.
CFTXAG10
AG
Todays game at Noon is live on ROOT and will be broadcast on 790AM
agdaddy04
AG
Why does Fiers still have a roster spot?
Ag_07
AG
Two batters into the season and two stand up doubles and a mound visit.
CFTXAG10
AG
I wonder at what point in the season I will get used to Beltran in an Astros uniform
pnsagdad
Is the game cast not working? Mine won't load on MLB or espn
Gramercy Riffs
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I wonder at what point in the season I will get used to Beltran in an Astros uniform
The Mets tv guys mentioned this in yesterday's broadcast. They didn't seem to know too much about the Astros, but they did talk about how weird it must be to boo a guy for a dozen years and then attempt to welcome him back.

It was great to watch the Stros, but goodness those announcers were annoying (unrelated to the Beltran talk).
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
So... what do we call Beltran dingers?
CFTXAG10
AG
Beltran 2-run homer!
Ag_07
AG
Beltran with his 1st bomb with Correa on

Only the first of many many more like that!!
CSWendt
The depth of this lineup compared to years past is just unreal. Even if one or two of these guys slumps, odds are he is going to be surrounded by dangerous hitters to pick him up.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Well Giles still sucks.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah that's not a good sign
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Nothing like the first batter of the year going yard against ya to build up confidence
3B Paul 97
AG
Mid-season form already?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
And Harris leaves with an injury
zgood10
AG
Bel-gone?
CFTXAG10
AG
Gonna take a while to get used to Kalas calling these games
Ag_07
AG
Welp...When are we allowed to panic about our BP?
shano0603
AG
where are yall watching this?
Ag_07
AG
Was listening to the audio stream on mlb.com
CSWendt
Ag_07 said:

Was listening to the audio stream on mlb.com
Ditto
CFTXAG10
AG
Watched a few innings on Root
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ag_07 said:

Welp...When are we allowed to panic about our BP?

When did we stop?
irish pete ag06
AG
Spring training doesn't matter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.