*** Texags Dynasty Fantasy Baseball League - 2016 ***

11,087 Views | 171 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by shano0603
corleoneAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All mine do?
corleoneAg99
AG
Can we turn off the max acquisitions per week of 3 until rosters are filled?
Broncos
Yea, the max acquisition thing is going to suck for the first few weeks since we still need to fill rosters.
Wrec86 Ag
Looks like the NA/DL glitch fixed itself. You should have no problems placing waiver claims now.

- I raised the max acquisitions to 10 for this first week. I agree that we need to get our teams in order and 3 for this week wouldn't be enough. I will lower it to 3 for next week.

I lowered the waiver period to 1 day instead of 2 so that we can hopefully have waiver claims be active for tomorrow. I'm not sure if it will work or not, but get your waiver claims in today just in case.
Goldie Wilson
Does waiver order reset each week?
Broncos
Paid up and cleaned my mantel off to make room for the trophy!
Wrec86 Ag
Waiver order will roll as claims are made.

If you have the third waiver priority and teams 1 &2 pick up off the waivers and you don't, you move up to number 1 the next day.
Broncos
Players are still on waivers until the 5th.
Wrec86 Ag
No matter what I did, I couldn't move the waivers up. Waivers will run tomorrow morning, and then they should all become free agents. I think there is a "mandatory wait period" after the draft, so it's our (my) fault for having the draft on the day before the season starts.

Other than that, everything is up and running like it should be. Maximum 10 roster moves this week, 3 every week after that.

shano0603
AG
I have absolutely no idea how to claim people with this setup. There's 10 teams to claim people ahead of me. I'm going to put in 20 claims and assume it will only add 2 players.
Moxie
AG
Anyone wanna trade dynasties? Yeesh
Wrec86 Ag
Shano- it's just like every fantasy football league. Same principle.

Moxie- poor start to the season?
Moxie
AG
Awful hitting
shano0603
AG
quote:
Shano- it's just like every fantasy football league. Same principle.

Moxie- poor start to the season?
I've never been a part of a league where 14 teams will each try and add 4-5 players each on the same day.
Wrec86 Ag
Well that's a pretty valid insight.

I thought you were referring to the process itself
shano0603
AG
Ah man, finally got to look back at how the draft went.... I'm kinda upset that I could have started with Kershaw, Sale, and Keuchel.
Farmer1906
AG
I did a really ****ty job of drafting a farm system. I made up for it this morning. I was shocked how well some did yet still how many high level prospects were still available.
shano0603
AG
Big advantage today to the early risers. I hate that aspect of fantasy sports.
Frok
AG
Stupid question: How do I look up minor league prospects? I don't understand the Not Active thing either. Everyone else has 5 more players than me but when I try to add I can't.
shano0603
AG
quote:
Stupid question: How do I look up minor league prospects? I don't understand the Not Active thing either. Everyone else has 5 more players than me but when I try to add I can't.
I don't know about the minor league thing. As far as I know, there isn't an option to just have them shown. Probably have to look at another website. You have to have an open spot on your 25 man roster to add an n/a guy, and then move him to the n/a spot.

N/A isn't just minor leaguers, it's anyone not on the active roster.
shano0603
AG
Broncos already making trades and cancelling them
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
What does that mean? Offering or making?
Farmer1906
AG
@FTACof2011 - sent you a few trades to mull over.
shano0603
AG
quote:
quote:
What does that mean? Offering or making?
He proposed a trade and then almost immediately cancelled it.
shano0603
AG
Wrec, I thought that holds were going to count just like saves????
corleoneAg99
Wrec86 Ag
Check page 1. We had a big conversation about it the day before the draft.
shano0603
AG
quote:
Check page 1. We had a big conversation about it the day before the draft.
Yeah... I was traveling all day Friday and then Bourbon Street. Woke up, got some food, got ready and went to a wedding. Had told the guy drafting for me that holds were the same. Definitely would have drafted a little different.
Broncos
Yea, hit a wrong player before I hit submit.
Farmer1906
AG
With schwarber done, does Moosen want McCann? I'm taking offers.
corleoneAg99
AG
So Yahoo is making me activate anyone on NA who has been activated(I had Mazara and Kepler) and that's not usually how keeper leagues work I didn't think?

Shouldn't I have the option of whether or not I want to activate a minor league player until they have a certain number of AB's or IP?

Either way 3 transactions per week is not enough for this league. Not even close. We need to leave it at 10 or just do a waiver system daily or whatever. Too many moving parts with 5 minors slots, 2 DL slots, and a 25 man roster.
corleoneAg99
AG
Also now I can't add another NA player without dropping someone on my 25 man?

So do I need the commish to place minor league/NA players on my roster once I activate them????

Farmer1906
AG
It doesn't make sense that you could keep active players on the non active roster spot. Otherwise it is just another bench spot.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Also now I can't add another NA player without dropping someone on my 25 man?

So do I need the commish to place minor league/NA players on my roster once I activate them????

That is how it works for everyone else. I had to have open roster spots last week to fill all my NA spots.
corleoneAg99
AG
quote:
It doesn't make sense that you could keep active players on the non active roster spot. Otherwise it is just another bench spot.

So will we be able to add them back to NA when they are sent back or...other leagues have AB and IP thresholds.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.