*****Official 2015 Texas Rangers Thread*****

1,158,712 Views | 13928 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Joe Cole
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Even with Fielder as the only one "hitting", the pop in his bat is still something to keep an eye on. Not exactly raking from an extra base hit perspective. 85% of his hits have been singles (as opposed to a career % between 55-60%). So that power drain that was a concern toward the end of his time in Detroit and then signaled the injury issue here last year is still a concern.
Mr Gigem
AG
Gotta walk past JD's office in a little bit. Anything y'all want me to say??
Mr Gigem
AG
There's an Executive Assistant to the General Manager position available
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Accident Prone what is your job with the team?
Mr Gigem
AG
I work in the sales office
mhayden
There's simply not much about this team to like right now.

Most of the pieces are either past their prime or on short-term deals... Sure you hope Colby or Peguero looks good, but reality is it won't matter unless they can replicate it next year.

I want Leonys and Moreland to finally turn the corner... but Martin is in the last year of his contract and Mitch is a year away from free agency -- so if they do finally produce it will be another team that reaps the benefits.

Ditto with Detwiler. You root for him to pitch well in hopes you can flip him down the stretch I guess?

Until the young arms come up, about the only long-term players to root for on this team are Odor, Andrus, Choo and Fielder.... And aside from Odor, it means you're rooting for a bunch of overpaid guys to just do what they should... which isn't exactly exciting.
Mr. White
Status quo isn't going to work.

When does the purge begin?
AggieDPT
AG
Odor and Moreland are 1-2 tonight with Martin dropped. At least Bannister is willing to make changes although I'm not sure anything will make a difference right now. Ranaudo is pitching Wednesday as well.

CampingAg
AG
The Rangers approach at the plate has been teeeeeeerrrible thus far. How Magadan hasn't been receiving more heat the last couple of years is beyond me. We look like a team without a hitting coach.
AggieDPT
AG
Well the Odor and Moreland combo worked out so far.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
Even with Fielder as the only one "hitting", the pop in his bat is still something to keep an eye on. Not exactly raking from an extra base hit perspective. 85% of his hits have been singles (as opposed to a career % between 55-60%). So that power drain that was a concern toward the end of his time in Detroit and then signaled the injury issue here last year is still a concern.
i haven't been able to watch much this year, but he does appear to be trying to go the other way against the shift this year. That may be part of it.
hoosierAG
AG
And Elvis hit the first homerun of the season for the Rangers at home. Go figure.
AggieDPT
AG
Martinez has been a bright spot so far this year.
ABATTBQ87
AG
the catch made by Rangers LF at the wall could be technically called "no catch" as the ball has to be transferred from the glove to the hand. He dropped the ball on the transfer
AggieDPT
AG
Didn't they change that rule midway through last season?
DannyDuberstein
AG
They changed it back to the old rule after about 3 weeks.
wangus12
AG
Was at the game tonight. Decent crowd for it being pretty cold and a chance of rain. Love getting $4 tickets
Mr Gigem
AG
My reaction when we whipped the Angels last night

mhayden
quote:
Was at the game tonight. Decent crowd for it being pretty cold and a chance of rain. Love getting $4 tickets

Went last night as well and thought just the opposite -- on what was just the 3rd night game of the season against our biggest "division rival", the place had scores of sections completely empty.

Monday night wasn't any better.

Haven't seen it like this since pre-2009 days... Seems as though tasting success and then falling back has made attendance even worse than when the team was still "rebuilding".
TMACsDaMan
The usual excuse is school is still in session
Mr Gigem
AG
Well our FSE base is less than 20k for the first time in probably 5 or 6 years. Couple that with a Tuesday night game and you're gonna have a light attendance. Not making excuses, but that's just the way it is.

But I guess that is what happens when you have 1 losing season and people get scared off. On the other hand, that presents an amazing opportunity for people to pick up those premium seats they have always wanted.
mhayden
In past years the pre-school's-out crowds have still been significantly better. As AccidentProne said, I think this is a result of having a pennant contender and then injuries basically making this a glorified AAA team for now the 2nd season.

Aside from Beltre who has been here a while, the only guy that would really drive attendance that isn't "injured" is Prince -- but Prince slapping singles isn't going to draw crowds.
Kyle98
AG
Last year was the first year in the last 10 or so that I didn't make it out to a single game. It wasn't a conscious effort to avoid the Ballpark, it just never worked out that we made it to a game. It was easier when I lived and working in Arlington, that's for sure.

Though, the garden gnome promotions this year have my wife excited. We're going for the first one in a couple of weeks. :-)
Mr Gigem
AG
If you're interested in getting back on board with a ticket plan, let me know!
mhayden
Elvis batting below 0.200 and costs us 3 runs in the Top of the 2nd.
Kyle98
AG
Well, that didn't take long. Before I could even remember that it's an afternoon game, it's 5-0. Guess Ranaundo's headed back down, probably before he even gets to the dugout.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Elvis batting below 0.200 and costs us 3 runs in the Top of the 2nd.
What happened? Gametracker is very vague.
mhayden
Very playabale ball to Elvis' left that went under his glove -- complete with Elvis checking his glove to see how it got through.

Ruled a single, but that was being very kind to Elvis.

He makes what should be a routine play for a guy making $15m and we're out of the inning at 3-0.

Leony's play in outfield pretty poor as well.

Bad defense, bad offense, bad pitching. Great combo.
gigem1223
Let a routine groundball get under his glove with the bases loaded. I really wish Bannister would bench him. Show the team that no one is safe if they don't perform.
Kyle98
AG
Awesome....glad I'm not watching.
mhayden

Not scored an error.
COOL LASER FALCON
I really thought a new manager would light a fire under Elvis. One of the few things I was looking forward to this year.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Leadoff double and nothing.
toucan82
quote:

Not scored an error.
yikes. is he related to the official scorer?
Kyle98
AG
Wow...yeah, that's an error.
Last Page
Page 2 of 398

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.