************* Houston Rockets 23-24 Season thread ****************

53,585 Views | 609 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by AG@RICE
AG@RICE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its time to get the new season rolling. Last year was a disaster, but we made a bunch of changes in the offseason. There is more maturity in the locker room and we no longer have to watch Stephen Silas smile and clap as our team plays garbage basketball.

We just had our first preseason game and there is already things to talk about:

The good: Cam Whitmore looks like the steal of the draft AND Jabari looks more polished than last year

The bad: Jalen Green still appears to be a high volume chucker who can't play defense AND Amen doesn't seem like he can shoot

The ugly: Dillion Brooks ejected from his first game for hitting Theis in the nuts AND KPJ is a garbage human who is still technically on our roster.

Lets hope Udoka and staff can turn the ship around. We don't own our first round draft pick unless its top 4 so we either shoot for the playoffs or tank miserably. Udoka and FVV won't tank, so its playoffs or bust!

Obligatory Ladies:
The Porkchop Express
Firstly, I watched the Rockets religiously from the early 1980s until the end of the Harden era, although with frequent, waning interest as the Harden and Player X cycle staggered from place to place. When they bottomed out, I parted ways with them. Last year, I watched a few minutes of a game and finally figured out I thought that the Hawks were the Rockets and vice versa because of all the red uniforms.

But, I'm excited to see what they have cooked up for this year. First, major props for whoever Coach Udoka slept with at the Celtics, because that scored us a great coach who wants to play defense. I'm old, so by default, I think all teams should focus on defense.

I'm excited to see what Jabari can do after his impressive summer league and hope he gains the confidence to start being the guy on offense. Also really dig the way Alperen Senguin got after it last year. He's a double-double waiting to happen every night.

I only know Dillon Brooks for his D*bag reputation, and Fred VanVleet from the Raptors' title a few years s back. I understand that pickings were slim on the free-agent market and the Rockets might have overspent there, but it's not my money, so who cares?

All I'm really hoping for is a competitive product that looks well coached and can put together some decent stretches of basketball. Basically, what the Texans have delivered so far this year on the football field.

Clutch City was a long time ago, but hopefully they can grow up and make a bit of noise come '24.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yikes the dance team looks worse than the roster
AG@RICE
AG
And yet they would still be the prettiest and skinniest women at a spurs game.
Unemployed
AG
Is there a trophy for winning pre-season because we're 2-0?
Guitarsoup
AG
Really interested to see how Ime Udoka can develop all these young players.
Guitarsoup
AG

Welcome to the Dillon Brooks era.
mAgnoliAg
AG
What a comeback
Texaggie7nine

Ola is comin back
7nine
Ags #1
AG
Is ola any good still?
WES2006AG
AG
Glad we got the new thread going. I am hoping Udoka and our young guys show some improvement this year.
Texaggie7nine
Ags #1 said:

Is ola any good still?
I'm guessing his value is seen more in his veteran experience to mentor the kids.
7nine
AG@RICE
AG
I don't think there is any on-court value in either of the players the Rockets brought back. Oladipo is cooked and JBE is a stretch 4 that can't shoot consistently. Both players are also injury prone. Since the Rockets could have elected to cut KPJ themselves, the only real benefit of this trade is that the Rockets gained some cap room and a few spare pieces for a potential future trade.
CFTXAG10
AG
I am excited to see Udoka implement an actual system. Silas-ball was unwatchable.
The Porkchop Express
Does he have to fly to OKC to be cut or can they do it in a VR environment?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
shano0603
AG
Ags #1 said:

Is ola any good still?

Let's see if he cares this time around. I don't really blame him though. It was a mess.

Possibility we just waive him. But we could also use him on a midseason trade. The 9 million he's owed could make a trade happen.
Guitarsoup
AG

SeanDaAg2005
AG

The Porkchop Express
I picked Wembley way high in my fantasy basketball draft last night to guarantee he'd have a bad season, so you're welcome.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
AG@RICE
AG
First game tomorrow!!!!!
The Porkchop Express
I'm excited to watch and see how they look. Which is something I haven't said in a while. I'm also excited for the 76ers to wait for a clear worst team to emerge and trade Harden to that team for a bag full of dicks.
WES2006AG
AG
Tonight starts what is hopefully a season of improvement. Eager to see how the offense looks with Udoka and whether the intensity will pick up om the defensive end.

Mainly just want us to be fun to watch because these last few years have been a beating.
Johnsy3
AG

Woooow F off, Chris
WES2006AG
AG
This is umm….interesting.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38741982/dwight-howard-denies-sexual-assault-allegations-wants-lawsuit-dismissed
The Porkchop Express
WES2006AG said:

This is umm….interesting.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38741982/dwight-howard-denies-sexual-assault-allegations-wants-lawsuit-dismissed
mAgnoliAg
AG
Fire everybody. Trade everybody. Sell the team.
Unemployed
AG
Jalen Green does not know how to play NBA basketball.
Ornithopter
AG
Ags #1
AG
Ooooff this offense is brutal
Ags #1
AG
Yep year 3 and just seems like he is playing ball. 9/0/0 in 25 minutes and 4 turnovers so far
The Porkchop Express
Well I finally got the kids done with their homework, turned on my phone and .. yeahhh

Has jabari been god awful? I see he has almost as many fouls as points.
Ags #1
AG
14 offensive rbs for the magic
LarryElder
Offense gonna struggle when your two biggest signings are vfleet, and brooks neither are primary scores

Looks like another lottery season
Guitarsoup
AG
LarryElder said:

Offense gonna struggle when your two biggest signings are vfleet, and brooks neither are primary scores

Looks like another lottery season
Will definitely be a lottery season, but FVV and Brooks are 8-11 from three. That's pretty great.
mAgnoliAg
AG
When did cole Anthony become the best player in the NBA?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.