2014-15 5(x) Champion San Antonio Spurs - Title Defense Thread.

354,056 Views | 4050 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rms007
Sher Thing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some video highlights of Scrimmage. Kawhi's silky smooth jumper and some slo-mo anderson.

Scrimmage Highlights
agwin12
AG
Reading this thread in Peru. Thanks for posting all the info.

Go Spurs Go!!!!
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein
Ganondorf
AG
I like football but I love basketball.

Get here faster season.
Sher Thing
AG
Great article on Pop & Tim. Some encouraging quotes from Pop in regard to life after Tim.

Article

quote:
"When he's not at practice, I'm going to be little depressed, I think," Popovich said this week. "It makes me sad. I'm going to miss it an awful lotI'll think about it when it happens and it'll be tough, but until then I'm not going to start being unhappy now."

quote:
"That's very possible. I always said that [he'd leave with Duncan], because it's kind of a funny line. It seems pretty logical and smart to do that. I know where my bread is buttered," Popovich said with a laugh. "But I basically made the same commitments to Manu [Ginobili] and to Tony [Parker] that when they signed contracts, they wanted to know if I'm going to be here and I tell them I am, so it's pretty tough to go ahead and leave."
Sher Thing
AG
The Spurs in Berlin:

TheDino
AG
Great pictures.

And thanks for posting that Pop article, Sher. Some really encouraging quotes in there.
Matsui
Sher Thing
AG
Spurs Team photo (video)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome.
Sher Thing
AG
Spurs play Alba Berlin today at 1PM CT on NBAtv if anyone wants to set their DVR or watch it live.
TheDino
AG
Matt Bonner Sandwich Hunter: Berlin Edition

Matt Bonner's Berlin Boat Tour
Sher Thing
AG
Numerous videos for your enjoyment:

Spurs coaching clinic

Practice footage

Duncan & Green interview

Spurs training recap

Tim Duncan passing station
Sher Thing
AG
Alba Berlin banked in a buzzer beater to defeat the Spurs. Haven't watched yet but seemed like an entertaining contest.
TheDino
AG
I heard the same. Looking forward to watching it tonight.
Sher Thing
AG
Spurs best Fenerbache last night. They are now back in the states. I would expect the older guys to play pretty sparingly from here on out the rest of the preseason.
AgPediRPh
AG
Even if the Spura were to win the title in 2015, it wouldn't be as sweet as the 2014 championship.

Prove me wrong!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't know, this year would be pretty sweet too, considering it would the the first back-to-back title and would likely mean Duncan retires a champion.

But avenging the 2013 Finals loss is pretty hard to top.
jteagle
Sher Thing
AG
Spurs @ Phoenix tomorrow night. Duncan (rest), Manu (rest), Kawhi (pink eye) Splitter (calf), Patty (shoulder) and Coach Pop (bored?) will not travel with the team. Excited to see how Ime and Messina coach the squad.
Obi Wan Ginobili
The Austin Toros became the Austin Spurs today.
mrnegative
Is this practice for golden state again?
Ulrich
quote:
The Austin Toros became the Austin Spurs today.
I thought you meant that the Spurs were sending the Toros to Phoenix to play the game for them, but now I see that they are actually changing the name.

Obi Wan Ginobili
well, with how many players aren't playing right now, that wouldn't be so far off base
mrnegative
Your right, we still need to trim parker off the roster to be fuly prepared
Ag Natural
AG
Pop in midseason form. Can the league fine him for not bringing starters to a preseason game?
Sher Thing
AG
Pops response to Suns Owner Robert Sarver:

quote:
"As I said, the silliness begins," he said. "Most wise individuals would check facts before they made statements. Unless you're interested in putting on a show. In that case, the facts get in your way, as in this case.

"We had five guys we didn't send. Patty Mills had a shoulder operation over the summer. Tiago Splitter (calf) has been out the whole preseason. Kawhi Leonard (eye infection) was out and is still out for 10 more days. The other two, Duncan and Ginobili, are two of the oldest guys in the league who just came back from a 13-day European trip.

"The only thing that surprises me is that he didn't say it in a chicken suit. I'll just leave it at that
."
West Texan
AG
The Suns owner is retarded for throwing a fit over a preseason game.
Sher Thing
AG
Kawhi out for the remainder of the pre-season and questionable for the start of the season.

quote:
San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard has an eye infection, and it looks like it will keep him out for the remainder of the preseason. The infection also makes him questionable for the Spurs' season opener against the Dallas Mavericks on Oct. 28, and it sounds like absolutely no fun at all.
"It is going back and forth between the two (eyes)," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said Saturday, via the San Antonio Express-News. "It's crazy. Kawhi is still out for 10 more days."
Leonard has only appeared in one preseason game, the Spurs' surprising loss to ALBA Berlin on Oct. 8. The Finals MVP had 14 points and seven rebounds in that game, then complained about his eye bothering him after traveling from Germany to Turkey.
It's never good to be missing a core player in training camp and the preseason, but San Antonio should be just fine. The organization brought back everybody who played meaningful minutes on last year's championship team. The Spurs did want to stretch Leonard a bit more offensively, though, and they might end up having to experiment with that during the regular season rather than in exhibitions.
West Texan
AG
European diseases.
mrnegative
Hopefully the crowd and team will be pumped up enough to beat a revenge minded Dallas team. Besides that, We need him and splitter back quickly if we want to get past November with less than 4/5 losses
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pop should play at full strength vs the Suns and just demoralize them. Granted it'll be tough for the guys to get into a playoff mindset like the Suns will undoubtedly be in, but it'll be worth it just to cream those losers.
mrnegative
Or better yet go golden state on them and still win
Sher Thing
AG
Spurs vs Kings tonight. No tv.
Sher Thing
AG
NBAtv will be running a 60 minute special titled "Champions Revealed" about the San Antonio Spurs.

Here is the trailer:

Champions Revealed

The 60 minute special premiers Monday, October 27th at 8 PM CT. Mark your calenders.
Obi Wan Ginobili
and another video from the Champions Revealed series

Last Page
Page 2 of 116

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.