Houston Dynamo 2016 Season Thread

43,602 Views | 564 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FW Declerk
FW Declerk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still laugh at dre saying earlier In this thread that bruin is good and people he knows on the inside agree
jeffk
AG

Also, try not being a ******.
TheMasterplan
I'm in Houston temporarily and have been to about four games and I must say the play is the same every time - flat and boring.

I went to a game years ago and the stadium seemed to have a lot more people. What happened?

I guess I answered my own questions from the beginning.

Things changed when Wenger and Bruin were brought on. I think Wenger is Houston's best and most creative player and capable of some real damage.
fig96
AG
Wenger has been a great addition, one of the few players that seems to have a true attacking mentality. Bruin tends to find the goal but he's definitely the type of player to frighten a defense. Manotas has some potential to be a good one, but I think (hope) that we're going to really go after some attacking talent in the offseason.

I couldn't watch last night (can't get it on my provider in Austin but one system carries Root so MLS Live blacks it out, yay), but I heard that Torres just had no impact on the match?
Texaggie7nine
I didn't think I could be more annoyed by a dynamo player than Bruin, but Horst I think has taken that spot. Horst is the worst.
7nine
Dre_00
Did I? I don't especially know anyone on the inside so I don't think I did but it's possible. I think it's clear that people on the inside do think he's good because he keeps getting playing time but I don't have any inside information or anything. I certainly don't remember lavishing praise on him. That doesn't sound like me at all but maybe I got drunk and affectionate one night and decided to get on TexAgs.

Anyway, he was a **** show last night. Every time he had the opportunity to make a good decision, he made a bad one. Not squaring it for Wenger who had a freaking tap in to make it 2-0 was inexcusable.

Wenger was a revelation off the bench. It's amazing how much width you can get when you play a proper winger (Wenger) and not a center mid posing as a winger (Maidana). Honestly though, the result is frustrating but less so now that I have no expectation of success for this season. What, maybe if we don't drop these points we have a 10% chance of making the final spot in the playoffs instead of a 5%? Whoopty do. I don't think I even want to make the playoffs...Canetti would just use it as an excuse to say "Oooooo, we're so close...we're just going to tweak the roster and make a run in 2017!"
Bockaneer
AG
GAMEDAY!!

I was way more fired up before I saw our goal was just to not lose by more than 5 so we get the cannon back.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dynamo/comments/4zhvb9/houston_dynamo_vs_fc_dallas_mls/
Dre_00
Me too. I thought USOC counted in the initial head to head determination but apparently not.
Bockaneer
AG
hate to see Agus down - hammie?
Dre_00
Left knee. Looked like a non-contact injury due to the ****ty turf.

On the bright side, that was one of the better halves I've seen from the Dynamo. Looked moderately threatening in attack especially for the first 30 minutes.

Let's see how they screw this up.
Out in Left Field
AG
Lol.
Dre_00
Well that's a new way to do it. Innovative Houston...innovative.
datrixstunna
AG
Lol. Thanks for the quick goals Dre.
Texaggie7nine
Out in Left Field
AG
What a joke
Bockaneer
AG
Ref absolutely sux.

Wouldn't help us but wtf
fig96
AG
quote:
Left knee. Looked like a non-contact injury due to the ****ty turf.

On the bright side, that was one of the better halves I've seen from the Dynamo. Looked moderately threatening in attack especially for the first 30 minutes.

Let's see how they screw this up.
That was horribly prophetic.

Have to admit that long ball for their second goal was beautiful.
FW Declerk
Cannon is ours.
Dre_00
In a post game interview with Univision, Alex essentially called out some players (not by name) for not caring enough and that they've been not caring enough for the entire season.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
In a post game interview with Univision, Alex essentially called out some players (not by name) for not caring enough and that they've been not caring enough for the entire season.

Alex is one of the few guys I really like.
fig96
AG
I noticed he seemed really pissed at the final whistle. Wouldn't mind having a few more guys who get really fired up, this team needs a spark.
Bockaneer
AG
a lot of us at the game would be really pissed as well if we weren't becoming so numb to it
Dre_00
Cubo goes on loan to Cruz Azul with an option to buy. So much for giving him a run of games. The decisions this team makes are consistently absurd. Can't wait for an unimpressive off season so I can make my way to BBVA in 2017 with "Canetti Out signs"
AG@RICE
AG
quote:
Cubo goes on loan to Cruz Azul with an option to buy. So much for giving him a run of games. The decisions this team makes are consistently absurd. Can't wait for an unimpressive off season so I can make my way to BBVA in 2017 with "Canetti Out signs"
While I agree with your anti-management spirit, I somewhat disagree about the Cubo transaction. Cubo has had ample time to justify his inclusion and he has generally failed to make any kind of a difference. He just doesn't have the skill set to be a good attacking player for the Dynamo. He can't really press and he isn't quick enough to get behind defenders so he needs the right teammates. If he is going to have value, it will be with a team full of strong attacking players who can keep possession and play off of him...Definitely not the Dynamo.

If they found another team to take his lazy ass (and salary) so we can play one of our crappy youth players, it is actually a net positive for this embarrassment of an organization.

Bockaneer
AG
but can we re home Bruin as well?
Bryan98
AG
Man, as far as I'm concerned we a are a complete rebuild job at this point, and we need to hire a coach who knows how to do that immediately.
Out in Left Field
Out in Left Field
AG
Woooo!
Out in Left Field
AG
Lol

FW Declerk
Nice road win.
Jacobyoung456
Win at the RioT. Check now we need to build off of it till the end of the season. I love that Alex, Rico, and all of the young guns are starting to play with pasion and sure its a build but RGV FC will help with that. Already 2 signees this season. Also coach please bring back Love Joy as well hes ready to play.
Wade will be a fantastic coach next season.
Jacobyoung456
This is so scary. Playing Portland at home after we just havent done well at home. Road feels better for us in wins. Though just shut down their blistwring offense and we r in the clear.
Dre_00
Cubo effed up his knee while on loan. Not sure how serious but if he misses a significant amount of time, his option probably won't be picked up.
Texaggie7nine
Paul Wall People's Champ will perform before the NYC game.
7nine
Kampfers
AG
All the orange on this list was a sight for sore eyes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.