Houston Dynamo 2016 Season Thread

43,516 Views | 564 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FW Declerk
TheMasterplan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fig96 said:

Aggie281 said:

jeffk said:

Hmmm... Wade Barrett not being offered the HC job.
good putting 9 men behind the ball every game isn't going to win anything.
Considering how bad the defense was under Coyle that wasn't a bad first step. Hard to say how much of the lack of attack is approach and how much is lack of talent.
Easily lack of talent. Houston was pretty bad once they got into the final third.

Wade seemed like he had them playing pretty organized. Manotas looks like a decent striker with nice skill though. I also still really like Wenger but he needs to improve his ball skills to match his speed and quickness.
fig96
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Aggie281 said:

The only texas team that won tonite!
Hey guys, at least you'll always have this night to look back on now the season is over.
Talk to me when you add a star on your crest.
Texaggie7nine
Guess we got the RGV coach Cabrera.
7nine
carl spacklers hat
Thought there would be more commetary on the Cabrera hire. Besides the statement above, anyone have thoughts on the promotion?
fig96
AG
I didn't even realize it was official yet.

I really hope Barrett sticks around as I like the guy, but overall I don't think Cabrera is a bad hire. Knows the organization, familar with the league, experience with international competition and youth development with the U-17s.

His season at Chivas was a bit of a disaster but, well, it's Chivas. Interesting that he was there the same time Torres had his breakout season.

Sounds like he wants to run a pretty balanced team, anyone familiar with his tactics/formations in the past?
FW Declerk
TheMasterplan said:

Aggie281 said:

The only texas team that won tonite!
Hey guys, at least you'll always have this night to look back on now the season is over.
LOL nice good start toward the MLS cup.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.