FS: One unopened Bottle PVW 23 and One unopened Bottle PVW 20

9,811 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BrazosDog02
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what a very strange thread
aggiebq03+
quote:
Only 48 hours left to get your offer in!

LOL!

/laughcry
Post removed:
by user
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
what a very strange thread
i dont want to encourage back and forth, but i let the losing bids know they are losing and allowed them to increase their bid and so forth..

just stop the BS and call it like it is. High bid gets it, back and forth is encouraged. I will accept the highest bid.
Let it play out on Texags so we can all ooh and ahh over the final price.
Sailor
I'd bet half the people on this thread wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 23 yo PVW and a bottle of Blanton's. Me included because I've had both.
wadd96
AG
Haven't had the 23... but have had the 20. And I can tell the difference. And I won't say the PVW is worth the stupid "offer" the OP is going to get. And if you want more insight, read the book Bourbon Empire...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
redass1876
AG
the 12 is the only i have had and it tastes distinctly different from Blanton's. Couldn't say on the 20 and 23

Doesn't look like i am going to win this war
Post removed:
by user
suburban cowboy
AG
What's going on here
redd38
AG
quote:
What's going on here

A bidding war
aggiebq03+
About the only thing missing from this thread is the OP saying he'd help you drink the first half of the bottle after purchase, just so you'd know how to drink it properly.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TexAg01
AG
Winner has been notified and waiting to hear back to confirm everything and arrange an exchange. I'll ask if they want their user name posted but past that it will be up to them if any additional information is released.
tx4guns
AG
Would be nice to know what the winning bid was, for science.
redass1876
AG
Honestly not concerned with WHO won, but curious on the price tag. Should be no harm in just posting that without a username
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I put a bid in for $1k for the 23/20 and never received an email. Just to add some insight.
wadd96
AG
Really don't like how this went down... the whole silent bidding thing.

This used to be a simple "I've got something to sell, who wants to buy it" board...
tx4guns
AG
I bid more than $1000. Quite a bit more. Crickets...
plowboy1065
S
So he got secondary prices which is what he really wanted anyhow for a unopened Pappy and and opened Pappy bottle filled with who knows what
Ptery83
States in the Title and OP that he was selling 3 unopened bottles. 2 Pappy, one Van Winkle.
redd38
AG
quote:
So he got secondary prices which is what he really wanted anyhow for a unopened Pappy and and opened Pappy bottle filled with who knows what
Of course he got secondary prices. Anyone that thought this was anything other than a bidding war to get a high secondary-market price is just naive about how this board works.
STL_aTm
AG
quote:
I bid more than $1000. Quite a bit more. Crickets...

Reginald Cousins
gigemJTH12
AG
how much did it sell for?
Canyon99
quote:
quote:
What's going on here

A bidding war

No no no he said he didn't want to start a bidding war!
RC_57
AG
Just out of curiosity, once the bidding has closed, would you mind posting the winning bid value?

I'm genuinely curious as to how much this stuff goes for.

Thanks
wadd96
AG
Obviously, after 4 requests... the OP won't post... because he knows the secondary market is a total rip...
wadd96
AG
Don't ask me what the heck that was... . (actually, I know what it was... Ambien. That drug is a motherf***r.)
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
Vancn't senctence since we can't be can't dog restrrained in 1 1200'room midlight...
htxag09
AG
quote:
Vancn't senctence since we can't be can't dog restrrained in 1 1200'room midlight...

I think we found out who won and polished the bottle off in one night.
doubleag91
AG
This is still America and I have no problem with a person selling something for whatever the market will pay. I find the op to be disingenuous about his intentions to do so and that is not cool.
OE_Ag11
AG
All he said was he didn't want to stick someone with an extra high cost (ie if he posted 3k and just started from there) and as long as the price was reasonable he would take it. Not sure why yall are making such a big deal. So he sold it like most people sell stuff on here, best offer with a reserve cause he didn't have to sell.
OE_Ag11
AG
I do have to put my self in the boat of finding out how much someone paid for some dang whisky though.
tx4guns
AG
It was worth around $3500 on the secondary market, so I hope he got close to that, or he pissed money away.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.