Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Evan Stewart on Oregon: "Everything's just better"

20,235 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by carl spacklers hat
Tree Hugger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Either way, the dog and I will continue to roam the UO practice facilities

ZofranAggie
AG
To be fair Oregon's training staff are world leaders in treating crippling thigh bruises.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gyles Marrett
wangus12 said:

StinkyPinky said:

His exact words… " "I just wanted to be in a great program that had order and [structure]. I got here and everything is in order. Honestly, everything is so much better here. I love it here," he said. "

Jimbo's program maintenance looks more and more like he didn't give a sht. Can't blame EStew on that take.

Full article
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/article/evan-stewart-oregon-ducks-football--230989641/

To be fair, he is an adult and should have been able to hold himself accountable by showing up to practice rather than needing some to hold his hand
This was my thought, he needs someone to tell him he has to show up to practices and workouts and be on time? Does he think that's how the real world works?
SteveA
AG
Quote:

Yet they have never won a National Championship and rank behind us in total wins. You have Nike Bias.
You sound like the sips and their historic record versus us. History isn't relevant and I don't like Nike more than Adidas, but they are treated better than any other program as far as merch goes. This football program has done nothing except a capture a string of "almosts" here and there. The only thing that we have as a program now that we didn't in the big 12 is more money. Great for the school, except for the education part, but it hasn't translated in to wins.
Not Coach Jimbo
SteveA said:

Quote:

Yet they have never won a National Championship and rank behind us in total wins. You have Nike Bias.
You sound like the sips and their historic record versus us. History isn't relevant and I don't like Nike more than Adidas, but they are treated better than any other program as far as merch goes. This football program has done nothing except a capture a string of "almosts" here and there. The only thing that we have as a program now that we didn't in the big 12 is more money. Great for the school, except for the education part, but it hasn't translated in to wins.

Feel your post is pretty shortsighted

Better stadium, honestly better facilties across the board, higher profile nationally than we did in the last 5-10 years of the b12. Beyond that, I dontagree on the "translated to wins" either (unless you're just looking at win loss%)

The success we had was against much greater competition. Maybe we would have won the b12 with those teams, but we also wouldn't have those teams had we stayed in the b12.

SteveA
AG
Quote:

Better stadium, honestly better facilties across the board, higher profile nationally than we did in the last 5-10 years of the b12. Beyond that, I dontagree on the "translated to wins" either (unless you're just looking at win loss%)

The success we had was against much greater competition. Maybe we would have won the b12 with those teams, but we also wouldn't have those teams had we stayed in the b12.
We have a bigger stadium. Cool. Did you read the concessions thread

Facilities wise, we are ranked 2nd according to the last comparison I read, only behind...Oregon. go figure.

We do have a bigger profile than before, but some of that is just because of the money that was spent, on recruits and Jimbo. Just looking at the coaching fiasco we almost had here puts it in perspective.
We are essentially, the SEC version of the Big12 version of A&M. Middling program with potential, and may make waves every 4 or 5 years. Don't' forget to donate the player fund!
VP at Pierce and Pierce
SteveA said:

Quote:

We have a bigger stadium. Cool. Did you read the concessions thread

Facilities wise, we are ranked 2nd according to the last comparison I read, only behind...Oregon. go figure.

We do have a bigger profile than before, but some of that is just because of the money that was spent, on recruits and Jimbo. Just looking at the coaching fiasco we almost had here puts it in perspective.
We are essentially, the SEC version of the Big12 version of A&M. Middling program with potential, and may make waves every 4 or 5 years. Don't' forget to donate the player fund!
Nothing you have said is incorrect. However, we are now a national brand and we now recruit across the country and sign much better talent than we were from 1999-2011; when we were a regional brand beating out tech and baylor for recruits. The biggest goal of moving to the SEC was to become a national program and we have done just that. By doing so, we put ourselves in a position to win big. Has it happened yet? No, but we are in the position to do so and we are in a much better position than we have ever been in with the impending super conference. We have a seat at the table, a talented roster, and the facilities to support the efforts.
greg.w.h
AG
Of course winning something meaningful would validate your postulations better than stating them as naked claims.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
greg.w.h said:

Of course winning something meaningful would validate your postulations better than stating them as naked claims.
Why is it a naked claim? Our out of state enrollment is up, out of state football recruiting is up, clearly we have a bigger national foot print. Are you niave enough to believe we moved to the SEC with winning as the #1 priority?
SteveA
AG
I agree for the most part, but most of my point was comparative to Oregon. They have simply done better. And now that we no longer have the differentiator from ut and ou, I feel we fall back to where we were.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
SteveA said:

I agree for the most part, but most of my point was comparative to Oregon. They have simply done better. And now that we no longer have the differentiator from ut and ou, I feel we fall back to where we were.
Oregon has done a tremendous job in terms of marketing and branding overall. Whoever their firm is does a world class job.

I strongly disagree with you about not having a differentiator and I will explain. Right away we did have one differentiator, the SEC. Then Johnny jumped on the scene and so did Sumlin, we had a great look with uniforms and we marketed ourselves very well. We were expected to 6-6 at best in the first 3 years, that didnt happen and our recruiting went to another level. Then the money came in. So had SEC, Heisman, winning football (even if not 10 games) and elite facilities; compare that to 2009 where tu and OU were on top, we were fighting baylor and tech for 20 of our 25 signees, and facilities were good but not great. It helped that tu was floundering and the big 12 was at an all time low.

Then we hired Jimbo, then we recruited nation wide, then we won the Orange bowl. Then came NIL payroll. And over the course of 2012-present the SEC moved down the list of competitive advantages when we pitched our sales deck to recruits. We leveraged all the sweat equity of the move and the SEC to be something bigger than just an SEC program. That brings us to today, we are national brand that recruits all over the country and signs national elite blue chips, we have elite facilities, and lots of ORGANIZED money for NIL, lastly we have a strong coach that has built a quality staff that clearly is making waves with recruits and transfers. However and whoever you want to credit, we have made the SEC factor not the biggest differentiator and it has benefited us.
Indianrider
AG
greg.w.h said:

How would this board survive without your daily pearls of wisdom.
SteveA
AG
I'm saying we no longer have that differentiator, as ut and ou are inbound.
Craigy
WC94 said:

SteveA said:

Without maroon colored glasses, Oregon is a better program. They field better teams. They are pampered by Nike, etc. All we have here is potential. Always potential.

You wanna rethink this....
TXAG 05
AG
Craigy said:

WC94 said:

SteveA said:

Without maroon colored glasses, Oregon is a better program. They field better teams. They are pampered by Nike, etc. All we have here is potential. Always potential.

You wanna rethink this....

We have a lot more wins all time than them, and they've never won a NC, although they have played for two this century.
Hehateme1
Indianrider said:

greg.w.h said:

How would this board survive without your daily pearls of wisdom.
Blue star
SteveA
AG
Who cares about total wins? I only care what we can accomplish, or what we have or have not.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
SteveA said:

I'm saying we no longer have that differentiator, as ut and ou are inbound.
I hear you there, I would argue it hasn't been a major factor in guys coming here especially since Jimbo joined. I would say it is like a pitching staff losing their 4th starter. Yes it is something to be mitigated and I believe we have with the way Elko has organized his staff and the overall program as well as how tight our NIL is ran. We have finally figured out how to position ourselves for the future. We are well funded, well organized, intentional, and have all the pieces put together so that our sales pitch is no longer "we are SEC, we have big stadium."

carl spacklers hat
Gyles Marrett said:

wangus12 said:

StinkyPinky said:

His exact words… " "I just wanted to be in a great program that had order and [structure]. I got here and everything is in order. Honestly, everything is so much better here. I love it here," he said. "

Jimbo's program maintenance looks more and more like he didn't give a sht. Can't blame EStew on that take.

Full article
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/article/evan-stewart-oregon-ducks-football--230989641/

To be fair, he is an adult and should have been able to hold himself accountable by showing up to practice rather than needing some to hold his hand
This was my thought, he needs someone to tell him he has to show up to practices and workouts and be on time? Does he think that's how the real world works?
For people who feel entitled, that's EXACTLY how the world works.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.