Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ESiPN Busts Out the Checkbook for sip

17,208 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by TyperWoods
SinKiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shoefly! said:

SinKiller said:

LincolnBorglum79 said:

They will struggle on the field in the 3 major sports. There is a big difference in quality of opposition in football and baseball. They will not enjoy road trips. Dont be surprised if they end up moving again.
This would fall under the wishful thinking category...They are way better prepared to enter the SEC than we were, we just got beyond lucky that #2 was in the locker room.

So Jonny was playing with no offensive lineman? All went pro.
Mike Evans?
No you're right, Hubenack would have had the same results...
Bryanisbest
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

They will struggle on the field in the 3 major sports. There is a big difference in quality of opposition in football and baseball. They will not enjoy road trips. Dont be surprised if they end up moving again.

They won't dare move to another conference because they know they can only compete with us in recruiting as a member of the SEC. They cannot compete with us in this state as a member of the Big 10. Otherwise, they would have gone there to begin with.
Bill Superman
AG
4 said:

Can't blame all the younger Ags that think us older ones are just crazy/overly sensitive. They've never experienced it, how could they understand?

But unfortunately, they are about to find out that we aren't crazy and we know of what we speak.

They will destroy this conference, too. They are a malignancy and their arrogance knows no bounds.
If they have to use any critical thinking or look beyond anything produced by msm then they call it a conspiracy theory and stick their heads right back up their asses. Just look at how worked up they get in defense of everything sip.

They'll have to find out the long hard way since all of the proof is not enough.
20ag07
Quote:

If they have to use any critical thinking or look beyond anything produced by msm then they call it a conspiracy theory and stick their heads right back up their asses.
You posted a thread with a sensationalistic and misleading title, all on an article about contract language that you didn't even bother to read, and you want to complain about MSM and critical thinking?

OK grandpa. We get it. You don't like TX. Repeating yourself like a broken record over and over again without even looking at facts isn't showing critical thinking. It's just annoying.
NowhereMan
Simple solution join the BIG.
I am sorry but the south is full of hucksters and confidence men, and A&M has in my opinion foolishly believed the honor code would rise above it. Instead the Aggies got screwed in expansion, scheduling and officiating for years.

Auburn hires a pimp
Ole Miss hires one the slimiest characters in CFB so bad the Mannings hate him
MS State donated money to a church to get the preachers son to be QB until Auburn out donated them
LSU plays criminals and 90% of the team could not pass a PED test
Alabama has the officiating in their pocket and had a PED store front blocks from the stadium
Gambling in almost every state
Worst High Schools in the country
No academic standards
Now the University of Narcissist in Austin has joined the club of Sociopaths, Extortionist and Criminals

GET OUT

Take your credibility to the BIG, as George Bush's enemy Ross Perot once coined it, there is a giant sucking sound.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Interesting item in the article:

Quote:

The only redacted item in the agreement is the dollar amount of the deposit/application fee given to the SEC. The University and the Texas Attorney General deemed this too sensitive to fall into the hands of potential "competitors."
Hmm....who are their competitors and how did they get the Texas Attorney General to agree to this?
justchilljoe
AG
Meh. Who cares? It doesn't impact me one way or the other.

There is more to life than Aggie football and who they play.
Gunny456
AG
Well here is one more who has not.
AG
Bryanisbest said:

LincolnBorglum79 said:

They won't dare move to another conference because they know they can only compete with us in recruiting as a member of the SEC. They cannot compete with us in this state as a member of the Big 10. Otherwise, they would have gone there to begin with.

Ohio State competes just fine in recruiting.
Gunny456
AG
Because old Texas politics/politicians have controlled the destiny of the sips for many decades. Because their graduates are the majority of attorneys, state politicians, journalists and some key high dollar campaign donation top businessmen in this state to said politicians. How do you think they have been able to pull off what they have all these years? Not a conspiracy theory… just plain facts.
Our younger Ags have no basis or knowledge to understand it.
It's just as controlled and corrupt as the rest of our government.
Who do think controlled the Dallas Morning News and the SMU debacle? All instigated by the sips and their political pull when they're in the bag recruits went to lowly SMU. Anybody with one brain cell knows that.
You could ask a half a dozen Aggie grads with degrees after 2000 and none of them would know anything about that incident.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
4 said:

Bryanisbest said:

LincolnBorglum79 said:

Ohio State competes just fine in recruiting.
I believe conference affiliation plays less of a role than most people think. Does the SEC help A&M in recruiting? Absolutely but so does facilities, winning, and hiring guys like Sumlin and Jimbo who knew how to recruit. We are also a much bigger brand, better organized, and more focused than we were under Fran and Sherm.
murphyag
AG
AgDotCom said:

There is no comparison between our 2012 SEC schedule and the sips' 2024 SEC schedule.
No kidding. SEC overall was stronger that year. We played several opponents ranked in top 10- Bama, LSU, Florida. And also played Auburn, Ole Miss, Missouri, Arkansas, and Miss State who was ranked 15 when we played them. Polar opposite of tu's 24 schedule....and 25 schedule. Bunch of bullsheet.
Bill Superman
AG
20ag07 said:

Quote:

If they have to use any critical thinking or look beyond anything produced by msm then they call it a conspiracy theory and stick their heads right back up their asses.
You posted a thread with a sensationalistic and misleading title, all on an article about contract language that you didn't even bother to read, and you want to complain about MSM and critical thinking?

OK grandpa. We get it. You don't like TX. Repeating yourself like a broken record over and over again without even looking at facts isn't showing critical thinking. It's just annoying.

What facts are you confused about that have you up in arms in defense of sip's relationship and payout with espn? They got a big payday for screwing everything up and you seem to think they deserve it and that this is not a problem for the sec or us.

By the looks of your name I'm younger than you, yet you still can't seem to figure anything out on your own at your age.

It's always those without an Ag tag too. Do better.
Gunny456
AG
Yes sir. He is definitely not an Ag. No Aggie is going to capitalize "TX". And his disrespect of " grandpa" also proves no Aggie blood in him. Want to bet on if he even went to any college?
20ag07
I have 2 degrees from A&M and have yelled for the Ags from my season tix for 10 straight years.

I just don't wear a tin foil hat and live my life in fear of the "boogeyman".

Or keep crying about things that can't be changed.
murphyag
AG
Gunny456 said:

Yes sir. He is definitely not an Ag. No Aggie is going to capitalize "TX". And his disrespect of " grandpa" also proves no Aggie blood in him. Want to bet on if he even went to any college?

Probably one of those people that use the aggie credentials of their significant other, spouse, kid, parent, sibling, cousin, co-worker, neighbor, etc. in order to get an ag tag so they can post utter nonsense that supports sip agenda.
Gunny456
AG
All those degrees and yet no respect for a fellow Aggie and name calling. Gotcha.
Gunny456
Sip du jour
It's insane that the SEC joined Texas. It's a massive FU to A&M for so many reasons. But it was also just a terrible move for the conference because it will fracture the whole leg humping that it's lesser member schools have always hung their hats on. I just don't see the original member schools gravy training Longhorn successes the way they have historically done or that the newer members were so happy to embrace. Should be interesting.
Sterling82
Bill Superman said:

And it has begun before it even began. After the epic failure that was the lhn, and sip's subsequent destruction of the big12, they get rewarded with an invitation to our league and a massive payout on the way.

This is all the proof of collusion you need.

For all those who clamored for sip all those years, it's time to lie back in the bed you made. For the rest of us, cfb is another step closer to it's deathbed.

I don't want to be that guy but, we told you so.

https://billfarley.substack.com/p/espn-breaks-out-the-checkbook-for

As far as I can tell we did exactly what your ilk called for. We didn't play them, we pretended to ignore them and here we are. Maybe it was your strategy that caused this mess.
Bill Superman
AG
Sterling82 said:

Bill Superman said:

And it has begun before it even began. After the epic failure that was the lhn, and sip's subsequent destruction of the big12, they get rewarded with an invitation to our league and a massive payout on the way.

For all those who clamored for sip all those years, it's time to lie back in the bed you made. For the rest of us, cfb is another step closer to it's deathbed.

As far as I can tell we did exactly what your ilk called for. We didn't play them, we pretended to ignore them and here we are. Maybe it was your strategy that caused this mess.
Another clown with no Ag tag wanting to talk about Ilk. Tell me more about this supposed strategy that I had that benefitted your sips…
AGDAD14
Okay… so it says ESPN broke the contract and has to pay up. Two things… first, several years ago there were articles on how tu got all their money up-front from ESPN so it didn't matter how unsuccessful the LHN was.

Second, I thought tu had to agree to give up the LHN to join the SEC, so why aren't they the party "breaking" the contract and having to pay back ESPN?
Sterling82
Bill Superman said:

Sterling82 said:

Bill Superman said:

Another clown with no Ag tag wanting to talk about Ilk. Tell me more about this supposed strategy that I had that benefitted your sips…

The old Ag Tag BS. Nobody needs an Ag Tag on Texags to be an Aggie which I am by virtue of two degrees and years of membership in the 12th Man Foundation. If my clear statement escapes you, it was you who didn't want to play a 100 year rivalry game because you wanted to pretend they didn't exist…we didn't. We could have left no doubt we had surpassed them in the minds of college football fans, pundits and recruits. It did not happen. Now they've righted their ship while we've been suffering from the Jimbo failure and they've wormed their way in to the SEC. And you have the nerve to come on here and rail against other Aggies, blaming them for simply wanting to play the 100 year rivalry even though we never played it. I don't want them in the SEC but that's on the SEC, not me.
TXAG 05
AG
AGDAD14 said:

Okay… so it says ESPN broke the contract and has to pay up. Two things… first, several years ago there were articles on how tu got all their money up-front from ESPN so it didn't matter how unsuccessful the LHN was.

Second, I thought tu had to agree to give up the LHN to join the SEC, so why aren't they the party "breaking" the contract and having to pay back ESPN?

They didn't get all the money up front, it was $15M/year, which ESPN still owed almost half of the $300M deal.

ESPN owns the SEC media rights, they are the ones saying Texas can't have the LHN, breaking their contract.

Also, a lot of y'all seem to forget or ignore, that ESPN has paid us way more money than they did Texas.

Stop making up things to be upset about.
Bill Superman
AG
Sterling82 said:

Bill Superman said:

Sterling82 said:

Bill Superman said:

The old Ag Tag BS. Nobody needs an Ag Tag on Texags to be an Aggie which I am by virtue of two degrees and years of membership in the 12th Man Foundation. If my clear statement escapes you, it was you who didn't want to play a 100 year rivalry game because you wanted to pretend they didn't exist…we didn't. We could have left no doubt we had surpassed them in the minds of college football fans, pundits and recruits. It did not happen. Now they've righted their ship while we've been suffering from the Jimbo failure and they've wormed their way in to the SEC. And you have the nerve to come on here and rail against other Aggies, blaming them for simply wanting to play the 100 year rivalry even though we never played it. I don't want them in the SEC but that's on the SEC, not me.
if you were such an Aggie you wouldn't make up this revisionist history in attempt to defend sip.

We were the ones that wanted to continue playing them and our university publicly announced it, just with us being in a different league, and sip declined because they were no longer able to control the situation. This would've been the best case scenario for everyone but your sips.

Sip has plenty of support behind them if you can't tell yet, they don't need any Ags peddling their narrative. Just because it hurts your feelings doesn't change it from being true.

The reason we're in this situation is because our powers that be are similar to you with their head either in the sand or up their ass.
Divining Rod
TXAG 05 said:

Nobody is defending them. ESPN had a contract with Texas for LHN. ESPN broke that contract, so they are paying them their buyout. It's just how contracts work, it's not some grand conspiracy.

bullcrap. the 'sips broke theiir B12 contract, and SEC did not allow them to have their own network, because ESPN controls SECN.

In reality, ESPN created the LHN not as an investmemt but as the cheaper alternative to further realignment back then, which the 'sips (of course) were again the primary threat.

This is just ESPN doing what ESPN does- ***kin up amateur sports wherever possible.

the perfect marriage of sliminess and greed.

greg.w.h
AG
AGDAD14 said:

Im sure notionally ESPN was fine with the LHN continuing. It prevented Texas joining the Pac-12 and the only "power" conference that would allow them to keep it was the Big 12.

I don't think it's anyone's business but the two parties in the contract (three if you include IMG) how the contract is dissolved. But you might imagine ESPN was encouraging Texas to join a league with an ESPN network so that they could dissolve the LHN…hence the willingness to buy out the contract n effect.

This was predicted very early. The sensationalism by the OP is his usual schtick of trolling. One has every reason to believe he only wants to rile people up here.

I think his trolling is working…
levypantsEOY
You embody the biggest hurdle to the Ag program- unyielding insecurity about sip and perennial sunshine pumping about everything else.
Your posting history is a banquet of sip conspiracy theories and "this will be the year/ we are the best" prognostications, none of which ever come true.

All this whining by the olds on here about how "we know stuff" and "you young guys don't know what a cancer sip is" and "you don't understand the history" don't realize that all you're doing is perpetuating the myth. It's like Q-anon: you're so desperate to justify any lack of success that you create conspiracies to explain it away.

It's time for new blood (and thinking) for the program. A century of hacking away at windmills has yielded exactly squat. Stop feeding a bogus narrative and obsessing over a rival- it's counterproductive and sad.
Bill Superman
AG
Here comes the biggest sip of them all. How many times do you have to be outed before you give up. It's sad how much you care about us really.

Your generalizations mean nothing. You've never been right about anything before and you're not changing that long trend with your latest.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
That generation of Ags live for one game a year and few the program as a small regional program fighting for table scraps. Maybe that was the case years ago but not now. It is my hope that AGs young and old realize we should only care about ourselves and the goal is to win big on the national stage, no more one game seasons and no more obsessing about other teams. We know they are slime balls that have used politics, refs, and power to gain an advantage for decades. Now we are in a much different position, winning cures all.
Bill Superman
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

That generation of Ags live for one game a year and few the program as a small regional program fighting for table scraps. Maybe that was the case years ago but not now. It is my hope that AGs young and old realize we should only care about ourselves and the goal is to win big on the national stage, no more one game seasons and no more obsessing about other teams. We know they are slime balls that have used politics, refs, and power to gain an advantage for decades. Now we are in a much different position, winning cures all.
This guy gets it.
Rapier108

I shall now return to my usual corner of TA.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
AG
Gunny456 said:

Because old Texas politics/politicians have controlled the destiny of the sips for many decades. Because their graduates are the majority of attorneys, state politicians, journalists and some key high dollar campaign donation top businessmen in this state to said politicians. How do you think they have been able to pull off what they have all these years? Not a conspiracy theory… just plain facts.
Who do think controlled the Dallas Morning News and the SMU debacle? All instigated by the sips and their political pull when they're in the bag recruits went to lowly SMU. Anybody with one brain cell knows that.
You could ask a half a dozen Aggie grads with degrees after 2000 and none of them would know anything about that incident.

They'll eventually figure it out, Gunny. Unfortunately, probably sooner rather than later.
Faustus
Gunny456 said:

To be fair TCU did a lot of the leg work, managed to get back to a majorish conference before SMU did, and didn't have to promise 9 years of their share of the TV $ to get in.

Pretty embarrassing for the Dallas half of the metroplex.
2thFixinAg
i'm frankly embarrassed at the complete lack of reading comprehension being shown here. Making the rest of us look bad.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.