Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ESiPN Busts Out the Checkbook for sip

16,969 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by TyperWoods
AGDAD14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for setting me straight. I wasn't trying to make things up, just stating what I understood from tu friends. I'm not upset about anything.

To me, if you just look at the LHN contract, the only party that took any action (decision) that impacted the contract was tu. What action did ESPN take that "broke" the contract? I know that parties to a contract can negotiate whatever they want. I just smell something fishy, like ESPN paying tu to join the SEC. What other team has ever been paid to join a conference? Just my opinion, based on limited information.
lancechmp
AG

Quote:

They will struggle on the field in the 3 major sports. There is a big difference in quality of opposition in football and baseball. They will not enjoy road trips. Dont be surprised if they end up moving again.
I seriously doubt this.
dixichkn
AG
levypantsEOY said:

You embody the biggest hurdle to the Ag program- unyielding insecurity about sip and perennial sunshine pumping about everything else.
Your posting history is a banquet of sip conspiracy theories and "this will be the year/ we are the best" prognostications, none of which ever come true.

All this whining by the olds on here about how "we know stuff" and "you young guys don't know what a cancer sip is" and "you don't understand the history" don't realize that all you're doing is perpetuating the myth. It's like Q-anon: you're so desperate to justify any lack of success that you create conspiracies to explain it away.

It's time for new blood (and thinking) for the program. A century of hacking away at windmills has yielded exactly squat. Stop feeding a bogus narrative and obsessing over a rival- it's counterproductive and sad.
You're a ****ing sip who's been trying to pass yourself off as an Aggie for over 5 years now.

I'd think twice before lecturing anybody about "perpetuating a myth"
dcg4403
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

They will struggle on the field in the 3 major sports. There is a big difference in quality of opposition in football and baseball. They will not enjoy road trips. Dont be surprised if they end up moving again.

This! Quit your whining asses about Texas this or that. They have a huge suprise coming to them including some SEC cultural shock.

Worry about our sports and coaches and let the pieces fall out.

If you honestly believe there is a massive conspiracy behind the scenes with Sankey, you probably believe in Roswell and the alien invasion.

Simply said, if we keep growing and winning across our athletic departments, we control our own destiny and national prominence. What the narcissistic sips do, I could care less.
Faustus
dcg4403 said:

LincolnBorglum79 said:

This! Quit your whining asses about Texas this or that. They have a huge suprise coming to them including some SEC cultural shock.
. . . What the narcissistic sips do, I could care less.

They're so vain, I bet they think this post is about them.
jaxisback
Yeah, Johnny was really important, but that was a stacked roster that Mike Sherman gifted Sumlin.

There were multiple guys on that roster that were much better NFL prospects than Johnny. Several of them made good on it.

Johnny without Mike Evans would still have been good, but not good to the level that we achieved.
e=mc2
AG
Bill Superman said:

TXAG 05 said:

Nobody is defending them. ESPN had a contract with Texas for LHN. ESPN broke that contract, so they are paying them their buyout. It's just how contracts work, it's not some grand conspiracy.
Disney's relationship with sip is a conflict of interest to our league and cfb as a whole.

Not really. Both the sips and Disney are in to grooming children.
levypantsEOY
Weird.
Shoefly!
AG
dcg4403 said:

LincolnBorglum79 said:

Worry about our sports and coaches and let the pieces fall out.

If you honestly believe there is a massive conspiracy behind the scenes with Sankey, you probably believe in Roswell and the alien invasion.

Simply said, if we keep growing and winning across our athletic departments, we control our own destiny and national prominence. What the narcissistic sips do, I could care less.

THIS! But I do enjoy watching their failing.
greg.w.h
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Weird.
Keep Austin weird..,
Hamburger Dan
Josepi said:

20ag07 said:

Quote:

After the epic failure that was the lhn, and sip's subsequent destruction of the big12, they get rewarded with an invitation to our league and a massive payout on the way.
Stop making stuff up, you whiny exaggerator.

They are getting paid to let ESPN out of a contract early where they were owed future revenue, but the much much much bigger number is that TX is forgoing their SEC share for 2024-2025. So this just to help bridge that gap.

How is this in anyway a massive payday????

And the old 14 teams get more money, because ESPN is paying a pro rata increase to the league for the 16 teams, but it only has to be split 15 ways.

Maybe try understanding what you read, instead of looking for ways to be victimized.
This

The guy read the headline, didn't read the story, and ran to TexAgs to complain about it.

Why do so many Ags have the victim complex that everyone is out to get them?

aTm tradition?

BudFox7
We were in the SEC solo for what a decade? Aside from Johnny, what did we do with it? Sup coming in and dulling our shine is nonsense. We have been nobody in college football (and basketball). Sip meanwhile just made the playoff. They're a better brand right now.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
BudFox7 said:

We were in the SEC solo for what a decade? Aside from Johnny, what did we do with it? Sup coming in and dulling our shine is nonsense. We have been nobody in college football (and basketball). Sip meanwhile just made the playoff. They're a better brand right now.
I think we see something happen that we have never seen before which is both A&M and Texas will be national title contenders in the same season moving forward. While on the field, we certainly have not been anything special outside on 2012 and 2020 we have put in the infrastructure in terms of facilities and recruiting better players across the country. We are a stronger brand that now attracts and signs top tier talent. Hopefully Elko can develop that talent and put us in the 10+ win column every year.
MaroonSpirit
AG
So when is lhn gone?
TyperWoods
BudFox7 said:

You've, I mean, sip has been doodoo since we left the BDF

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.