Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ex-Texas A&M Head Coach Arrested for DUI, Accused of Smelling Like Booze

20,479 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sparkie
Gilligan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regardless how we feel about how he ran our program and locker room fiascos, he's still a man with a family and needs help.

I pray he gets the support he needs. I have seen and dealt with alcoholism directly on my in-laws side. It's brutal.

txaggie79
AG
infinity ag said:

Fran, Sumlin, Slocum are NOT Aggies. Neither are Bowtie or Bjork. They are/were employees of Texas A&M.

R. Bowen Loftin '71 is certainly an Aggie, and received the Distinguished Alumnus award in 2020.
cevans_40
AG
Mongolian Christmas said:

e=mc2 said:

I hope he gets the hope he needs.

When it's just a DUI arrest: I hope they get the help they need.

After killing a family of 4: throw em in prison for 30 years.

It's the same crime, just different luck.
Wrong
infinity ag
txaggie79 said:

infinity ag said:

Fran, Sumlin, Slocum are NOT Aggies. Neither are Bowtie or Bjork. They are/were employees of Texas A&M.

R. Bowen Loftin '71 is certainly an Aggie, and received the Distinguished Alumnus award in 2020.

Yes, someone corrected me earlier!
BQ_90
AG
DustysLineup said:

Quote:

And I,guess you where fine with your Aggie hero making false racist claims against A&M
I'd like to see a citation for that claim that is not from this board.
you mean like this

https://apnews.com/1648520bb5214ee797bf0c03b4952d46

https://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Houston-man-connected-racist-letter-Kevin-Sumlin-13524456.php
doback
When are people going to learn to stop doing cops silly tests?

They are specifically made to make people fail, I've seen completely sober people fail them.

Breathalyze and thats it.

ccolley68
AG
doback said:

They are specifically made to make people fail, I've seen completely sober people fail them.

As someone who doesn't drink anymore, it's not quite that simple. I was pulled over for rolling a stop sign late one night a year or so ago with my wife and a friend couple of ours, all of whom had been drinking. Small lady cop comes to the window, I'm a big guy. She takes my info then goes back and gets in her car for 20 minutes or so. Then another cop pulls up. I guess she was concerned about our size difference if **** went down. She could obviously smell the alcohol in the car, but never asked or said anything to me. Other cop asks me to get out as they suspect drunk driving. Great, no worries as I don't drink. I tell him this and say if they want to skip all the stuff and just do a breathalyzer we can all be about our way. They start to get rather ornery with me that I am refusing the field sobriety test. I tell them they are misinterpreting what I am saying. We go round and round a few times, all the while I am totally calm. They eventually do none of the tests, and no breathalyzer, and send us on. So like I said, just not doing the sobriety tests isn't as simple as it seems.
Ag CPA
AG
Thought this thread was going to be about BCG.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
BQ_90 said:

DustysLineup said:

Quote:

And I,guess you where fine with your Aggie hero making false racist claims against A&M
I'd like to see a citation for that claim that is not from this board.
you mean like this

https://apnews.com/1648520bb5214ee797bf0c03b4952d46

https://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Houston-man-connected-racist-letter-Kevin-Sumlin-13524456.php
Try reading your own links, especially the 2nd one.

1. He didn't make any racist claims against A&M
2. The letter was real, counter to the many bull**** claims of the Zoo braintrust
3. The sip who sent it was arrested, mainly for stalking a Houston socialite
4. You've been around this board long enough to know how much sips enjoy impersonating Aggies

Of all the things that Zoo posters stayed pissed at Sumlin for, this is by far the dumbest.

Or maybe you think they should've just shut up and taken it instead of speaking out and reporting it to the police, contributing to the stalker's eventual arrest.
SBDavis87
AG
So JFF goes under the bus but poor, poor kevin......
Yes, I know JFF had more severe and numerous instances but kevin was given support, money, and wasted it....
Dallasag517
AG
i don't like seeing this. it's sad.
TXAG 05
AG
NewEra2023 said:

This the guy that scoffed when OC Kingsbury negotiated to stay… what could have been. My god. I try not to think about it.

Is this a serious post? 2012 happened because they let Manziel get away with and do what he wanted.
BadMoonRisin
AG
couldn't watch it. feel bad for Kevin. Hope he gets right.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
TXAG 05 said:

NewEra2023 said:

This the guy that scoffed when OC Kingsbury negotiated to stay… what could have been. My god. I try not to think about it.

Is this a serious post? 2012 happened because they let Manziel get away with and do what he wanted.
I have a hard time believing Kliff wanted to come back to A&M as OC instead of go to ne head coach of the program where he set records.
Bluto
AG
TXAG 05 said:

NewEra2023 said:

This. It seems like one functioning alcoholic felt his functioning alcoholic star was doing just fine, so he let him skate.
12mn95
AG
Bluto said:

TXAG 05 said:

NewEra2023 said:

This. It seems like one functioning alcoholic felt his functioning alcoholic star was doing just fine, so he let him skate.
IIRC, Johnny said in his podcast interview with Shannon Sharpe that Sumin DID TRY to rein him in about his partying ways and Johnny felt like, who are you to talk about my life, I know what you do and how you party too. I could be wrong but it was something along those lines.
IslanderAg04
I get the sympathy, as i did quite enjoy the 2012 season, but this dude is a multi millionaire. Everyone is acting like he is a crack head living on the streets. He had some drinks and made the bad decision to drive. No sympathy from me as i'm no multi millionaire and know how to park my car and call an uber.
12mn95
AG
SBDavis87 said:

So JFF goes under the bus but poor, poor kevin......
Yes, I know JFF had more severe and numerous instances but kevin was given support, money, and wasted it....
What are you talking about? Johnny was given a Sh-t ton of support from this board even as we watched him crash and burn in the NFL. Which is why a lot of people now don't support him anymore as they used to, he kept repeating those mistakes for years and years. Everyone has wanted him to get better, but unfortunately he hasn't been able to.

Miles711
AG
I hope he accepts help before he loses out on more of what life has to offer. My only regret was not doing it sooner.
TexAgs23
doback said:

That seems like BS from the officer. If he passes the breathalyzer test, he is still going to jail for intoxication?? Screw that... I wouldn't have been able to remember the steps to that last "task" either.
Bryanisbest
AG
I can't help but hurt for the guy as I watch that video. Very sad.
Sparkie
AG
Bluto said:

TXAG 05 said:

NewEra2023 said:

Addiction problems are common with being bipolar. No one cared Jff was struggling as long as he was winning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.